• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

1st impressions - got my Emira today

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not wanting to spam the OPs thread, but I was amazed how compliant Sports was in comparison to other sports car.
I assume this is area specific and or dependent on what you already drive as it was to harsh for me on the Notts test drive, it was like my gt4 in the firmer setting, which I never used.

OP
A

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I assume this is area specific and or dependent on what you already drive as it was to harsh for me on the Notts test drive, it was like my gt4 in the firmer setting, which I never used.
In all my driving of it so far (Emira, Sports suspension), I would say it is very comfortable and refined on the motorway, very good over potholes / similar and overall pretty good. To me it is more comfortable than a current Boxster on standard suspension. Overall in >200 miles it has been good. There was one short section of an A road that was harsh but I asked my brother who drives it most days and he said it is also harsh in his standard A Class Mercedes (a standard model, certainly not an AMG or even a moderately sporty one). I think the vast majority of us will end up being happy with whichever choice we have made as the difference between them isn’t huge and they are both good set ups.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
In all my driving of it so far (Emira, Sports suspension), I would say it is very comfortable and refined on the motorway, very good over potholes / similar and overall pretty good. To me it is more comfortable than a current Boxster on standard suspension. Overall in >200 miles it has been good. There was one short section of an A road that was harsh but I asked my brother who drives it most days and he said it is also harsh in his standard A Class Mercedes (a standard model, certainly not an AMG or even a moderately sporty one). I think the vast majority of us will end up being happy with whichever choice we have made as the difference between them isn’t huge and they are both good set ups.
True if there was no option I'd live with it, and tbf if I get out of Nottinghamshire the roads generally improve a fair bit so would be live able but the roads in a 20-30ml area within my house are some of the worst maintained anywhere in the world. (I cycle all over the place)
I've never bought a car with a rattle and I don't think I've ever sold one without!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
See I find all of these different comparisons amazing.
I had a test drive at Nottingham and it felt no harsher than my Yaris to me (which isn't silly harsh) and more compliant than my M2. Can't really compare to Porsche as they are always harsh in Sports mode with PASM and active the rest of time. I was expecting it to be like the Sports Plus setting on a Porsche but didn't feel anywhere near to me

OP
A

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have my early Christmas present, delivered today - Nimbus with black pack and Sport suspension. Done 40 miles or so with plenty more planned tomorrow despite the poor weather. Gear change very good - better than the 2 cars I drove at the Hethel driving experience, brakes and steering great too. Sport suspension absolutely fine on UK roads - very little thump / intrusion over road imperfections. I will update more tomorrow. I also have an i4 on order for August delivery so I will decide which one to keep once I have driven the i4. Very undecided largely due to gearbox difference. Final question - anyone know how to activate the tracker?
Day 2 - over 4 & a half hours in the car in all conditions from very heavy rain this morning to dry this afternoon/ evening and on all road types from poor surfaces and narrower than B roads, A roads and a couple of short motorway elements. The car handled it all absolutely brilliantly - suspension is very well judged and absolutely no concerns there (I suspect Touring will be fine too albeit with a fraction more compliance / roll). Gearbox and steering still excellent, seats (alcanatara) were comfortable for me, wipers and headlights very good. The only slight annoyance I had was going to full beam and the proximity to the central display. I will take a look at this tomorrow in daylight but no big deal. All in all I think everyone will be very happy when they get theirs.
So another couple of weeks on and half way to fully run in despite the rubbish UK weather - not sure that I have seen the car in full sun yet. I‘m very happy with the car - looks amazing and it drives really well whatever the conditions. I don’t think anyone is going to be disappointed. On the issues side, Scorpion came out and changed the tracker so that’s working. I adjusted the steering wheel (pulled towards me) so i can use full beam without hitting the central screen. Heated seat is appreciated and all the tech seems to work well. The car has Ceramic thanks to Richard at Perfection DetailiNg (you might have seen his post on that) and Front PPF thanks to Tom at Ultimate Automotive so we’ll protected.

Attachments

• 47814527-478F-4D2A-8548-16A85CC4C6CB.jpeg
    47814527-478F-4D2A-8548-16A85CC4C6CB.jpeg
    560.9 KB · Views: 185
  • B9926399-DA1D-4C4B-B88C-0A1ACAFD9F92.jpeg
    B9926399-DA1D-4C4B-B88C-0A1ACAFD9F92.jpeg
    550.9 KB · Views: 185

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
So another couple of weeks on and half way to fully run in despite the rubbish UK weather - not sure that I have seen the car in full sun yet. I‘m very happy with the car - looks amazing and it drives really well whatever the conditions. I don’t think anyone is going to be disappointed. On the issues side, Scorpion came out and changed the tracker so that’s working. I adjusted the steering wheel (pulled towards me) so i can use full beam without hitting the central screen. Heated seat is appreciated and all the tech seems to work well. The car has Ceramic thanks to Richard at Perfection DetailiNg (you might have seen his post on that) and Front PPF thanks to Tom at Ultimate Automotive so we’ll protected.
Good to hear about a fault free experience.
Looks lovely, enjoy 🙂

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone is going to be disappointed
Well,. yeah. that was my thought. Amazing car.

Yet some people it should have two seats, go 250MPH, have 550HP, sounds like Concorde, accelerate from 0-60 in 1.5s and be built like a swiss watch and then berate it when they realise it is ONLY a stunningly, good value, beautiful car from a small UK company supporting UK jobs.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nimbus is such a dynamic color. Very champagne-y looking in these pictures. Does it turn more silver in artificial light?

OP
A

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nimbus is such a dynamic color. Very champagne-y looking in these pictures. Does it turn more silver in artificial light?
Yes - more silver in both artificial light and sun. Here is a couple of pictures of Nimbus in sun that I previously took

Attachments

• E849EC5F-BC94-4886-A61D-1DBECD64AF39.jpeg
    E849EC5F-BC94-4886-A61D-1DBECD64AF39.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 182
  • 37ED6B5E-D42A-46C6-BEC5-A3085207E3F3.jpeg
    37ED6B5E-D42A-46C6-BEC5-A3085207E3F3.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 185

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thank you for sharing, those photos look great. Front looks amazing.

OP
A

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
More miles on the car today - finally got a dry day with a bit of sun. I also should have mentioned that the expert view on the quality of the paint from Richard at Perfection Detailing was very good - only some of the black bits needing some work. Anyway some photos from today.

Attachments

• C9D5FC09-C3FE-4FD2-BBAE-013880A8D8C2.jpeg
    C9D5FC09-C3FE-4FD2-BBAE-013880A8D8C2.jpeg
    485.4 KB · Views: 145
  • C141EF8C-5C85-4DDD-A5EC-1502D5AD6E87.jpeg
    C141EF8C-5C85-4DDD-A5EC-1502D5AD6E87.jpeg
    590.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 20422A1A-0F07-4BFE-8146-E8A4ACBCB3D7.jpeg
    20422A1A-0F07-4BFE-8146-E8A4ACBCB3D7.jpeg
    503 KB · Views: 148
  • 0CD5623D-4D9C-41C4-AF8E-2BCC45C1BE14.jpeg
    0CD5623D-4D9C-41C4-AF8E-2BCC45C1BE14.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 145

MickOpalak

Emira Fan
Reaction score
More miles on the car today - finally got a dry day with a bit of sun. I also should have mentioned that the expert view on the quality of the paint from Richard at Perfection Detailing was very good - only some of the black bits needing some work. Anyway some photos from today.

That looks really beige in that light.