📓 Journals 1st impressions - got my Emira today

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have my early Christmas present, delivered today - Nimbus with black pack and Sport suspension. Done 40 miles or so with plenty more planned tomorrow despite the poor weather. Gear change very good - better than the 2 cars I drove at the Hethel driving experience, brakes and steering great too. Sport suspension absolutely fine on UK roads - very little thump / intrusion over road imperfections. I will update more tomorrow. I also have an i4 on order for August delivery so I will decide which one to keep once I have driven the i4. Very undecided largely due to gearbox difference. Final question - anyone know how to activate the tracker?

I have my early Christmas present, delivered today - Nimbus with black pack and Sport suspension. Done 40 miles or so with plenty more planned tomorrow despite the poor weather. Gear change very good - better than the 2 cars I drove at the Hethel driving experience, brakes and steering great too. Sport suspension absolutely fine on UK roads - very little thump / intrusion over road imperfections. I will update more tomorrow. I also have an i4 on order for August delivery so I will decide which one to keep once I have driven the i4. Very undecided largely due to gearbox difference. Final question - anyone know how to activate the tracker?
Really pleased for you…. Enjoy it🍻

I'd ask your local car jacket for tips on the tracker.. 😀

Good idea on the 2 deposits.

Great start to the holiday! Photos when you get a chance please!

Congratulations! First one into South Bucks I think. Hopefully mine will be joining yours soon!

Congrats! Lucky you to have both V6 and i4 ordered! Please enjoy and looking forward to your feedback after a bit.

Congrats! Lucky you to have both V6 and i4 ordered! Please enjoy and looking forward to your feedback after a bit.
I am aiming to do more miles than normal over the holiday period to get it run in carefully. Plenty of A roads etc.

Congrats @Andrew P !

Regarding the tracker - that's something the dealer should do. You'll get an email with account credentials and then you can log in to a website that is Lotus branded but Scorpion operated. There is also an app for your phone that pretty much does the same (but works so/so).

Congrats @Andrew P !

Regarding the tracker - that's something the dealer should do. You'll get an email with account credentials and then you can log in to a website that is Lotus branded but Scorpion operated. There is also an app for your phone that pretty much does the same (but works so/so).
I can login to my Scorpion account fine and it shows the car - it just says that 12 month subscription will be activated when the unit is activated by the ignition. The Scoprion fobs are in the car & I have driven it but nowhere in their instructions does it say how to activate!

Congratulations 🤩

That was a good shout with the 2 deposits.

Just one question. "Where the picture!" 😁🥰

Thank you for the confirmation that the sports suspension will not be overly harsh. My spec is for the sports suspension and I was second guessing myself when I saw Harry's video where he thought sports was too harsh and touring was perfect.

Thank you for the confirmation that the sports suspension will not be overly harsh. My spec is for the sports suspension and I was second guessing myself when I saw Harry's video where he thought sports was too harsh and touring was perfect.
Not wanting to spam the OPs thread, but I was amazed how compliant Sports was in comparison to other sports car.

Congratulations 🤩

That was a good shout with the 2 deposits.

Just one question. "Where the picture!" 😁🥰
Very little time today so drove it before took a couple of pictures & certainly no quality ones. However a detail shot from the rear - a fair bit of dirt ends up in the black open bit (with a good view of the tyre). More bronze in the Nimbus than I expected

Attachments

• DD5DA285-3652-4BE7-B2F6-FB99C676FBD2.jpeg
    DD5DA285-3652-4BE7-B2F6-FB99C676FBD2.jpeg
    399.2 KB · Views: 429
  • 79C6648B-E6FC-4693-9FDA-A0FB614BB163.jpeg
    79C6648B-E6FC-4693-9FDA-A0FB614BB163.jpeg
    263.2 KB · Views: 426
  • 2E911AED-426D-4137-91AB-C41076ED0C85.jpeg
    2E911AED-426D-4137-91AB-C41076ED0C85.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 428
Not wanting to spam the OPs thread, but I was amazed how compliant Sports was in comparison to other sports car.
Excellent to hear, thanks for putting my mind at ease! This is a car I plan to take long road trips in.

Very little time today so drove it before took a couple of pictures & certainly no quality ones. However a detail shot from the rear - a fair bit of dirt ends up in the black open bit (with a good view of the tyre). More bronze in the Nimbus than I expected
That is quite bronze! Still lovely though. I still think Nimbus will be the most dynamic colour of them all and hence most interesting to live with.
Look fwd to hearing your thoughts about it all 🙂

Congratulations and enjoy all the driving over the festive break.

Was it a home delivery or via a dealer? That may explain the tracker activation issue.

Congratulations and enjoy all the driving over the festive break.

Was it a home delivery or via a dealer? That may explain the tracker activation issue.
Home delivery

Congratulations @Andrew P!
If you drive near marlow on your festive outings, I'd love to stand on the roadside and stare! Although when I get mine, you will be banned from Marlow as if there is going to be too many, I may as well have bought a Porsche 🙄

Day 2 - over 4 & a half hours in the car in all conditions from very heavy rain this morning to dry this afternoon/ evening and on all road types from poor surfaces and narrower than B roads, A roads and a couple of short motorway elements. The car handled it all absolutely brilliantly - suspension is very well judged and absolutely no concerns there (I suspect Touring will be fine too albeit with a fraction more compliance / roll). Gearbox and steering still excellent, seats (alcanatara) were comfortable for me, wipers and headlights very good. The only slight annoyance I had was going to full beam and the proximity to the central display. I will take a look at this tomorrow in daylight but no big deal. All in all I think everyone will be very happy when they get theirs.

Back