Emira Handbook

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I e.mailed Customer Care on Monday morning to ask about the availability of the Emira handbook and any other relevant documentation that may be in downloadable form. They replied to say that they have asked for more information from the relevant teams and will get back to me to advise if/when any such information may be available.
I will of course update this thread as soon as I hear anything further.

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I e.mailed Customer Care on Monday morning to ask about the availability of the Emira handbook and any other relevant documentation that may be in downloadable form. They replied to say that they have asked for more information from the relevant teams and will get back to me to advise if/when any such information may be available.
I will of course update this thread as soon as I hear anything further.
I'm sure they'll publish one around 6 months after you need it, and it'll definitely be worth the wait, with the I4 handbook taking around a year longer.
Patience!!

OP
J

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I contacted Lotus last Monday as indicated above. I sent an e.mail last Friday to chase it up and I have just had a reply to say they are still waiting for information from the relevant teams.
It seems that it is not just the manufacturing side that is in disarray.

OP
J

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
From the handbook page 11

"The owner’s handbook is available in
digital and printed formats. It can be
viewed from the Emira mobile app and
on the Lotus Cars website"

I wonder what the the mobile app will do?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Happy reading everyone!

You're a superstar!

Lots of reading, a stack of useful info and no doubt a lot of questions to follow.

Emira2023

Reaction score
Nifty feature…
1661252077188.png

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, particularly as they'd said as recently as Goodwood there was no USB in the overhead console. I've added this good news to the dashcam thread.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if this map view will only support the native Emira navigation system or if your Android Auto Google Maps or Apple Carplay navigation will display on screen as well? Maybe that will only be available on the tablet screen? No one ever uses the built in manufacturer nav, so it would only be useful to me if Android Auto nav is displayed in the main driver center screen.

Screenshot_20220823-072115_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Last edited:

James DG

Reaction score
Coming from Elises and an Exige, most of the functions in these handbooks represent a kind of unfathomable witchcraft to me!

252 pages? I think I prefer the Exige handbook. Essentially "get in, press button, go fast".

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
This bit is interesting about the diamond cut wheels.. And I assume the adjustable dampers and j hook rotors are referring to the GT4...

Screenshot_20220823-075531_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's fairly typical for DC wheels, as the finish is more fragile. When my Evora wheels were refurbished 2-3 years ago they would only warrant them for 12 months. I don't think the original handbook/warranty made specific mention of them, but that was 11 years ago.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
140mm of ground clearance? That has certainly increased from Evora.

AlexB

Reaction score
1661259731575.png

This is a bit concerning as it's easy to have the key in a jacket pocket or a bag and then decide to put that in the boot, which would then lock yourself out. My Nissan GT-R prevents the boot from being shut if it detects that the fob is inside for that very reason.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
There is hill-hold:

Hill Start Assist The Hill Start Assist System helps prevent the risk of unintended vehicle movement when driving away from an incline. When stopped on an incline, the Hill Start Assist System will hold the brakes on for a further two seconds after releasing the footbrake. The brakes will automatically release after two seconds or as soon as the vehicle begins to accelerate forward (whichever is the soonest).