• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Handbook

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Did you guys notice the car has a downforce gauge? I guess it’s just modeled off of speed?

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Some useful bits I noticed are below. I also read that it has an AGM battery, so that's interesting.

alarm.jpg

launch control.jpg

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Okay I read the whole manual, where’s my car?
does a car come with the manual?

I thought you'd bought an expensive manual that took around 2 years to mainly copy and paste from their previous ones, interns have to do something......

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Roll on the i4 version with, hopefully, some more toys (hoping the ADAS debate might eclipse wheel gap....) :ROFLMAO:

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If there's one spot on the car that needs PPF, it's this. I'm going to cringe every time a friend with fingernails opens the passenger door

1661268840427.png

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If there's one spot on the car that needs PPF, it's this. I'm going to cringe every time a friend with fingernails opens the passenger door

View attachment 8228

You need the surrounding area as well -- that's the most scratched up part -- the area right on top of the handle itself. Especially if someone wears rings.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
does a car come with the manual?

I thought you'd bought an expensive manual that took around 2 years to mainly copy and paste from their previous ones, interns have to do something......

I think the margins between pages on the PDF are pre-production and aren't quite finalized.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That's fairly typical for DC wheels, as the finish is more fragile. When my Evora wheels were refurbished 2-3 years ago they would only warrant them for 12 months. I don't think the original handbook/warranty made specific mention of them, but that was 11 years ago.
Ive known both porsche and bmw replace DC wheels under normal warranty past 12mths. To me they're admitting they're poor quality.

DC wheels are troublesome, I've had aftermarket ones on my transporter fail within a year even after ceramic from new but oem wheels I've had have been much much better.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
You need the surrounding area as well -- that's the most scratched up part -- the area right on top of the handle itself. Especially if someone wears rings.

Ugh.. I always have the polishing compound ready for my passenger door handle area when I detail my cars. Also purse marks or whatever the hell women have that manages to scratch the hell out of the side sill when getting in and out. I always have to polish that spot on my wife's car. 😂

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you guys notice the car has a downforce gauge? I guess it’s just modeled off of speed?

I asked this before and nothing has been confirmed. I assume it's a useless gimmick just like a live g-force meter.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No information in the technical data section on the suspension geometry settings. Shame - I would be interested to see the difference between touring and sport, and between sport with Cup2s or Goodyears.

On a similarly geeky note, I see there is a fuse for the exhaust actuator. Wonder if pulling this out would leave the exhaust flap permanently open (does the trick on an Aston Vantage apparently) ? :)

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
No information in the technical data section on the suspension geometry settings. Shame - I would be interested to see the difference between touring and sport, and between sport with Cup2s or Goodyears.

On a similarly geeky note, I see there is a fuse for the exhaust actuator. Wonder if pulling this out would leave the exhaust flap permanently open (does the trick on an Aston Vantage apparently) ? :)
Pulling Fuse 22 in the boot means the Vantage exhaust is full bore all the time - sounds epic.
Pulling fuse 22 inside the passenger compartment will mean something important in your Vantage no longer works!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

Probably correct! I can't wait to start tinkering. 😁

itsagoose

Reaction score
How works a launch control on manual ?
Porsche has this on their GT3 manual. You push in the clutch and mash the gas pedal and the car holds it at 5k. You are then supposed to dump the clutch and launch it. Nice way to abuse your trans haha

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Definitely not the final edition of the quick start guide. On page 41, Automatic activation of the parking brake, the author asks themselves a question about when it works.

“The vehicles ignition (or is it engine) is switched off.”