10 second video of a dark blue Emira in a showroom... Has anyone else seen this yet?

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Cool me stupid , but I’m going with Magma, it’s just the lighting. I may be wrong but I rarely am
You were wrong about typing that sentence 😝

#coolmestupid

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My takeaway from this rather amusing thread is just how interesting a colour shadow grey can be. Seems the blue fleck in it can reflect certain lights fairly strongly giving the car a blueish hue.

Here's a picture from the launch in Bahrain and you can just about see how reflective the blue fleck is.

Lotus_Emira_ME-debut_Bahrain-showroom2.jpg

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As a photographer I continue to be amused at how little people understand camera metering and auto white balance.

A grey car with a large highly lit blue led screen right behind it (don’t know what’s on the front side) looks blueish- who would have imagined….

As I have harped over and over again - unless someone shoots a grey card and corrects white balance or sets it correctly before taking the photo ALL photos on the internet ESPECIALLY taken by amateurs with consumer equipment are assumed to be garbage as it relates to color accuracy.

#forthegreycard
As a photographer, have you also realized that in the original post the fire extinguisher to the left is perfectly red as it should be and when @digilotus color corrected the picture back on page one of this thread, the extinguisher turned orange?

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Wash.

Yup. It’s all a wash now. I forgive Lotus. It’s a wash.
All the learning about colors completely makes up for the lack of communication.

#ForThePhotographers
#ForTheSarcasm

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is hilarious. I guess sometimes the koolaid is just that good.

There is one lotus showroom in Dubai. I was there a week and a few days ago. On both visits I discussed with senior members of the team. The showroom is full of Evoras and Elise’s. There haven’t been any Emira’s in Dubai since the reveal.

The YouTube poster when pushed sent a link to his Instagram for that single event. Heck, they have a number, why don’t you call ask about the blue Emira 😂

Seems also nobody read to me and my facts about it , that it fits same like yours

#forthehopenewblue

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
As a photographer, have you also realized that in the original post the fire extinguisher to the left is perfectly red as it should be and when @digilotus color corrected the picture back on page one of this thread, the extinguisher turned orange?

The point is unless you have a reference you don’t know what any of it “should” look like. Cameras do very funny things with color and saturation.

I agree with eagle 7 that if anything points to it being a blue car it would be relative symmetry to the color cast vs the reflective source but that screen is very large like a huge soft box so I’m not entirely convinced there either.

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For the back of the car, you'd be correct. But the entire car has that color to it. It's consistent everywhere on the car, even to the point of where it reflects the floor. I worked in the graphic industry for 15 years, so I'm familiar with white balance and color adjustment.

Here's a picture of the location at night. There's nothing showing inside that would create that strong and consistent of a dark blue all over a car that's sitting in there. It's actually bright and very well lit.
View attachment 3557

At any rate, it's not really important. Not at this stage. We're so close to videos and photos being available, it's no longer a big deal.

Wrong location sir , listen please to xen and me ,

I drive every single morning 6 days / week in front of Lotus dubai and paid for the deposit one month ago , people there know my interest to see the emira , in shadow, blue or banana yellow, they would have warned me about this event

In fact I’m talking practically every week for the coming events or news,

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Wrong location sir , listen please to xen and me ,

I drive every single morning 6 days / week in front of Lotus dubai and paid for the deposit one month ago , people there know my interest to see the emira , in shadow, blue or banana yellow, they would have warned me about this event

In fact I’m talking practically every week for the coming events or news,
Sounds like we have a Lotus employee here trying to do a cover-up for this error in the embargo.

:ninja::LOL:

TRX250EX

Reaction score
Guys this exact car, this exact location, I have been there! It's grey and it's the only one that came to Dubai or middle east.... There's no demo cars until another 2-4 months from now.

It's just the picture filters makes it look blueish.

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Guys this exact car, this exact location, I have been there! It's grey and it's the only one that came to Dubai or middle east.... There's no demo cars until another 2-4 months from now.

It's just the picture filters makes it look blueish.
Another Lotus spy...a "new member"

🧐

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The guy hosting the video said it had an FE badge, so I guess his camera is really biased towards blue or something.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here's the original photog's Instagram post. Flip through to the other photos. It seems to be Shadow Grey but they punched these photos up a bunch in post so it makes the blue pop like crazy. Very tricky to the eye.

95% sure it's the same SG car that went everywhere else. Headlights are a giveaway too, it's the only car with the silver bits like that. Also it has the cheesy safety stop button in the center console cupholder.

3MIRA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Shadow Grey is surprisingly blue, like expensive polished granite as your kitchen work top. They also have non FE colour "Nautilus" up their sleeve which is clearly a bluer dark blue than Shadow Grey. It would make sense to ship their darkest colours to the middle east for hot weather testing.

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Shadow Grey is surprisingly blue, like expensive polished granite as your kitchen work top. They also have non FE colour "Nautilus" up their sleeve which is clearly a bluer dark blue than Shadow Grey. It would make sense to ship their darkest colours to the middle east for hot weather testing.
You seem to have a lot of in knowledge of the colors, have you been to the factory or do you have an inside source?