10 second video of a dark blue Emira in a showroom... Has anyone else seen this yet?

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It’s shadow grey.

From their IG last year, looks blue here too.

Attachments

• 8BFD6611-EEB6-43E7-912E-687FC1C5CFFF.jpeg
    8BFD6611-EEB6-43E7-912E-687FC1C5CFFF.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 68

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That's outside with blue neons clearly visible. It's also not the same color blue. The car inside is under white lighting, and it's a darker blue. The video shows what looks like a rehearsal at night. Why would they be doing that for a gray car that they've already had and shown?

8BFD6611-EEB6-43E7-912E-687FC1C5CFFF.jpeg

Screenshot_20220304-175804_Chrome.jpg

Here's what the gray car looked like in a showroom under the same type of lighting environment.

lotus-3-jpg.jpg

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Seems you really want to believe it’s Blue…I’ll leave you to it.

I live here and know a few people at the showroom. I know for a fact it’s the same shadow grey show car that made the rounds last year. The YouTube poster lied about the timing and colour.

Last edited:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Seems you really want to believe it’s Blue…I’ll leave you to it.

I live here and know a few people at the showroom. I know for a fact it’s the same shadow grey show car that made the rounds last year. The YouTube poster lied about the timing and colour.
Seems you really want to believe it's gray... I'll leave you to it as well. So who do we believe, the guy posting a video, or you? Maybe the people you know are being told to say that because they're under embargo and they'd get fired if they didn't. Go take a picture or video yourself if you live there, and show us it's the gray car. Right now you have no more credibility than anyone else who posts on the web. He's got a video; show us otherwise.

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Seems you really want to believe it's gray... I'll leave you to it as well. So who do we believe, the guy posting a video, or you? Maybe the people you know are being told to say that because they're under embargo and they'd get fired if they didn't. Go take a picture or video yourself if you live there, and show us it's the gray car. Right now you have no more credibility than anyone else who posts on the web. He's got a video; show us otherwise.
Have you seen the shadow grey car in person?

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It’s shadow grey.

From their IG last year, looks blue here too.
Hi, I don't think its grey, even adjusting the light/contrast the lotus badge becomes weak loosing its yellow tones.

To me this looks like an old Elise colour I had - cobalt blue - guessing otherwise!

Attachments

• SPD Lotus_0023.JPG
    SPD Lotus_0023.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 55

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This is hilarious. I guess sometimes the koolaid is just that good.

There is one lotus showroom in Dubai. I was there a week and a few days ago. On both visits I discussed with senior members of the team. The showroom is full of Evoras and Elise’s. There haven’t been any Emira’s in Dubai since the reveal.

The YouTube poster when pushed sent a link to his Instagram for that single event. Heck, they have a number, why don’t you call ask about the blue Emira 😂

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This is hilarious. I guess sometimes the koolaid is just that good.

There is one lotus showroom in Dubai. I was there a week and a few days ago. On both visits I discussed with senior members of the team. The showroom is full of Evoras and Elise’s. There haven’t been any Emira’s in Dubai since the reveal.

The YouTube poster when pushed sent a link to his Instagram for that single event. Heck, they have a number, why don’t you call ask about the blue Emira 😂
You're right. It is hilarious. People who have been given a reveal car under a strict embargo, won't obey that if you ask them. They'll freely tell you they have an Atlantis Blue car hidden out of sight. But hey, that's okay. For you it's a video of the gray car back in October. I'm okay with that. Oh yes, and let me also include a laughing emoji to show my superiority in this contest. :ROFLMAO:

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
As a photographer I continue to be amused at how little people understand camera metering and auto white balance.

A grey car with a large highly lit blue led screen right behind it (don’t know what’s on the front side) looks blueish- who would have imagined….

As I have harped over and over again - unless someone shoots a grey card and corrects white balance or sets it correctly before taking the photo ALL photos on the internet ESPECIALLY taken by amateurs with consumer equipment are assumed to be garbage as it relates to color accuracy.

#forthegreycard

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
As a photographer I continue to be amused at how little people understand camera metering and auto white balance.

A grey car with a large highly lit blue led screen right behind it (don’t know what’s on the front side) looks blueish- who would have imagined….

As I have harped over and over again - unless someone shoots a grey card and corrects white balance or sets it correctly before taking the photo ALL photos on the internet ESPECIALLY taken by amateurs with consumer equipment are assumed to be garbage as it relates to color accuracy.

#forthegreycard
For the back of the car, you'd be correct. But the entire car has that color to it. It's consistent everywhere on the car, even to the point of where it reflects the floor. I worked in the graphic industry for 15 years, so I'm familiar with white balance and color adjustment.

Here's a picture of the location at night. There's nothing showing inside that would create that strong and consistent of a dark blue all over a car that's sitting in there. It's actually bright and very well lit.
Lotus-Bahrain_3-scaled copy.jpg

At any rate, it's not really important. Not at this stage. We're so close to videos and photos being available, it's no longer a big deal.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the location at night. T
View attachment 3557

At any rate, it's not really important. Not at this stage. We're so close to videos and photos being available, it's no longer a big deal.

So...that's not even the location...which I hopes shows how silly this is.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Well...not so exciting I guess. He replied with a link to these photos, and they were taken in October.

Shadow gray it is 😖

So that’s either the lighting or the images have been re-coloured. The Shadow Grey car was in Dubai last October, at the time these photos were taken. These pictures are of a V6 manual with a First Edition badge and base spec wheels. So I reckon it’s the Shadow Grey dynamic prototype.

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Cool me stupid , but I’m going with Magma, it’s just the lighting. I may be wrong but I rarely am