10 second video of a dark blue Emira in a showroom... Has anyone else seen this yet?

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Video was just posted today, said it was a special reveal for him (notice nobody else there?)

#
Video was just posted today, said it was a special reveal for him (notice nobody else there?)

#fortheconspiracytheorists
Looks like when the show car was doing the Middle East rounds. Very much doubt they cleared out the showroom for him.

Timing and title probably just for views.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Maybe they're practicing for a showing once production begins or the embargo lifts? There's a picture of Chapman on the wall next to the big screen, and that looks like the California coast on the screen. Hopefully Lotus will update the configurator with base info, including colors, options and pricing in the next few days.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

It's a nice color! Non-FE of course
Hmmm, I'm kind of torn. If it's faked up or manipulated to look blue it's been done pretty well, with any colour-shift localised to the car.

But from everything we've all come to know on this forum a non-FE colour car in a showroom would be really unusual and big news.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Shadow grey does have some blue metallic fleck in it but it’s very subtle and only visible in bright light or sunlight.

This is definitely shadow grey as it includes the chrome headlights of the dynamic prototype car.

Like other silver/grey colours, it will pick up different tones/shades depending on the surroundings and camera colour balance.

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Aha! Here is his reply to his YouTube video when I asked:

Screenshot_20220305-091150_YouTube.jpg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I saw that. It’s strange. None of the dealers have got showroom cars and aren’t getting them soon. When they do they will be (initially) V6 FEs in the FE colours. The two show cars are touring and we know which two colours they are.

I wonder if this is a validation car doing hot weather testing and they just brought it in to the showroom for this. But then I’d expect it to have lots of instrumentation.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I saw that. It’s strange. None of the dealers have got showroom cars and aren’t getting them soon. When they do they will be (initially) V6 FEs in the FE colours. The two show cars are touring and we know which two colours they are.

I wonder if this is a validation car doing hot weather testing and they just brought it in to the showroom for this. But then I’d expect it to have lots of instrumentation.
That feeling you get when you feel like you’ve discovered the next element…

Surely I knew of them all.
Surely someone else has discovered this.
Why haven’t they told us?
I can’t be the first.
Have they been lying to me this whole time?

#ForTheBetrayal

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well there's a yellow car in China, a Red one (apparently not Magma) in Spain, so why not a random dark blue one in Dubai? There are clearly many more cars out there than the two show cars, and apparently they all fully running and registered.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Absolutely, there are dozens of validation cars in random colours out there on the roads. It's the context of this one that's odd - a reveal in a showroom.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Well there's a yellow car in China, a Red one (apparently not Magma) in Spain, so why not a random dark blue one in Dubai? There are clearly many more cars out there than the two show cars, and apparently they all fully running and registered.
Uh huh!

You’ve won who done it.

I had the Seneca in Sweden with the i4. Then I was like, no, it’s gotta be the Dark Verdant in Canada with the black pack. Out of nowhere I tell ya my hunch switched to the Opium Silver Metallic with Candy Apple Red pinstripe right there in Germany.

#ForTheClueFans

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Well...not so exciting I guess. He replied with a link to these photos, and they were taken in October.

Shadow gray it is 😖

Last edited:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
These pics are at night, so maybe they're rehearsing a reveal. Since this dealer was featured as the first to officially have the new Lotus retail showroom and look, they might have also been given an Atlantis Blue car either for validation testing, or to be the first to show a base model. They were months ahead of others for the new showroom.

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was visiting and paying my deposit in this ADAMA lotus center like 1-2 months ago and the only Emira that came there was a shadow grey last year , I think in summer

So BS