Z06 pricing announced.... ouch

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I see GM are also trying to restrict flipping on some high-demand cars including the Z06. Not sure how effective them threatening to invalidate the warranty is going to be. It won't prevent dealers adding markups.

GM anti-flipping conditions.jpg

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I see GM are also trying to restrict flipping on some high-demand cars including the Z06. Not sure how effective them threatening to invalidate the warranty is going to be. It won't prevent dealers adding markups.

View attachment 7831
Wow, not sure how that is legal. Guess anything goes in the US of A

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Isn't that the deal that comes with the $5,000 credit? I know that GM has also already stated that dealers caught applying excessive mark-ups, will have their allotment pulled and it will be given to some other dealer. I don't know if they've defined what 'excessive' is, but I would guess more than a 10% markup might qualify. Certainly those adding $20k-$50k would.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I thought US dealers were threatening to pursue a legal challenge on any manufacturers trying to restrict what dealers can do on pricing?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The angle GM seems to be taking is not restricting their pricing, but restricting their allocation. They can try and charge whatever they like; they just won't be able to get any cars. Not sure how that would be challenged in court, but I'm sure there's going to be one. It remains to be seen how that works out.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My (limited) understanding is manufacturers have to show the process for allocations to dealers is fair and consistent. Using lower allocations as a way of penalising some dealers could be argued as manufacturer control, which is what the rules are supposed to restrict.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
They didn't say they were going to lower the allocations, they were going to cancel them completely. Dealers found charging excessive ADM's weren't going to get any cars at all. I don't know how that works legally, but maybe they can just drop them as dealers?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I think most of this is just talk to make it look like the manufacturers are trying to do something, but they aren't. I ordered a Ford Bronco over a year ago and it finally came in last week. I when down to buy it and the dealer slapped a $10K ADM on it. I told them I ordered the Bronco, waited my time and I didn't think I should have to pay the ADM on a vehicle I ordered. They stuck to their guns and wouldn't sell it to me for anything less. So I called Ford several times hoping they could help me out and basically they just told me that "each dealer individually owned and operated". Their way of saying there's nothing that they could do. So I walked away from the deal and the dealer gets to win again because I think it's sitting on their lot now with a $25k ADM.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I think most of this is just talk to make it look like the manufacturers are trying to do something, but they aren't. I ordered a Ford Bronco over a year ago and it finally came in last week. I when down to buy it and the dealer slapped a $10K ADM on it. I told them I ordered the Bronco, waited my time and I didn't think I should have to pay the ADM on a vehicle I ordered. They stuck to their guns and wouldn't sell it to me for anything less. So I called Ford several times hoping they could help me out and basically they just told me that "each dealer individually owned and operated". Their way of saying there's nothing that they could do. So I walked away from the deal and the dealer gets to win again because I think it's sitting on their lot now with a $25k ADM.
That sucks. This is why car dealerships as an industry have such a bad reputation. You didn't have anything in writing about MSRP? If you do, I'd go to the District Attorney for the city the dealer is in and file a complaint. I'd use words like fraud, misrepresentation, breach of agreement, etc.

Yes MSRP is a suggested retail price, but if you place an order for an agreed price, that's a contract. Talk to the owner of the dealership. Often they're not completely aware of what some of their employees might be doing.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I wouldn’t even bother. I’m so over the bronco after seeing them in the wild for a bit. They did you a huge fav

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
That sucks. This is why car dealerships as an industry have such a bad reputation. You didn't have anything in writing about MSRP? If you do, I'd go to the District Attorney for the city the dealer is in and file a complaint. I'd use words like fraud, misrepresentation, breach of agreement, etc.

Yes MSRP is a suggested retail price, but if you place an order for an agreed price, that's a contract. Talk to the owner of the dealership. Often they're not completely aware of what some of their employees might be doing.
No, I had placed the order early hoping to turn it into a Bronco Raptor allocation. Unfortunately, I was denied the allocation so I just left the order in there and thought I would take it if it all worked out. Once it got to the dealership they decided to stick it to me. I have a Bronco Raptor on order now through another much more honest dealer and I'm just waiting for it to come in now.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I actually just got a call from my local dealer about putting down a deposit for a new Z06.

I politely declined.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I actually just got a call from my local dealer about putting down a deposit for a new Z06.

I politely declined.
Did you turn it down because of the dealer mark-up they were asking or because you'd rather have an Emira?

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Did you turn it down because of the dealer mark-up they were asking or because you'd rather have an Emira?
I rather have an Emira. 👍

And I absolutely loathe the practice of ADM.

I thought US dealers were threatening to pursue a legal challenge on any manufacturers trying to restrict what dealers can do on pricing?
The whole Manufacturers vs Dealerships thing is like China vs Taiwan.

Lots of threats, lots of shouting, nothing happens.

Last edited:

TRX250EX

Reaction score
It's too expensive and take into mind dealer mark-ups then we talking about 200K figures, even at MSRP you need to add options to get max performance which puts it close to GT3/GT4RS which imo superior cars that don't have any performance options except for brakes.

Also if I want a 458 like car which GM made here I will buy 458 itself with a warranty + service package considering you won't find Z06 unless you pay premium for dealer mark-ups, 458 going up in price while Z06 resale value will go below MSRP at some point.

If you can get one at MSRP then that's another story, also keep in mind this is US pricing and from C8 we learned outside US C8 prices gone beyond 100K before any dealers markups, so I expect to see Z06 easily hitting over 160K with options before dealer mark-ups outside US.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Exactly…. I’ve already come to grips that my V6 Manual Base is going to be just under $100k OTD when it’s all said and done and I don’t expect I’ll be the odd ball config.
Im guessing $115K if optioned like an FE. (Before ADM) Hope I'm wrong