World's first Emira customer delivery?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A shame about the Exige, if it was just a bit better looking and a better interior... more reliable...better made..... ohhhh it is, its called an Emira.. haha. No, its not..... but you can hope it is :)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:... That was pretty funny.

F-150 is strictly required for work purpose. I'm not a truck guy, but I certainly appreciate the utility.

No twins... The C8 came first, only had it two months and was not a huge fan of the exterior in person. Also a bit of a "boring" car (driving dynamics wise) similar to how a 911 is. Trade for the Spyder had it for a year. Enjoyed it very much. The gearing in 2nd is very long, and to get the engine to come alive requires the higher revs. But once there it is great. I traded it back to Porsche for the 911 S. Ok I will be honest, I had 911 envy. When you spend the similar price on the 718 Spyder (optioned) to a 992 911 S (less options) it's hard not to justify the move to the bigger brother. I think the delta between the two was 10K-15K CAN, not crazy. The 992 is a classier, faster car with more prestige. Way better tech. You would think I would be happy. But the 718 Spyder is a much more fun car, and I realized I made a mistake. I was going to go back to the Spyder, but then the Emira happened. So you can now see why I choose it, I hope. I also like the rare aspect to the Lotus, but I must say the way the factory is producing, I don't want it to be that rare!

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
One thought that occurred to me was that Geely may have intervened with the production schedule to prioritise cars for the EU. If they're seeking to sell 10 Eletres for every Emira and the EU market for SUVs is much larger than the UK, do they need to get the Emira out there first to promote the brand? Presumably Geely bought Lotus because of the brand and it's not as well known in Europe as it is in the UK. The RHD parts issue may just be a red herring. Just a thought

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
One thought that occurred to me was that Geely may have intervened with the production schedule to prioritise cars for the EU. If they're seeking to sell 10 Eletres for every Emira and the EU market for SUVs is much larger than the UK, do they need to get the Emira out there first to promote the brand? Presumably Geely bought Lotus because of the brand and it's not as well known in Europe as it is in the UK. The RHD parts issue may just be a red herring. Just a thought
Possibly, would have some good theory there. But the fact that dealer Demo's in UK haven't gone out, and the LOG41 event in the US featured only 1 Emira really does point to serious supply issues are still happening at the factory. I think they fixed a few major items last minute and pushed everything back farther then anyone expected.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Something 🐟 I don’t buy it at all that they have LHD parts and not right - don’t believe a word Lotus say - we’ll should correct that as they don’t tell us anything anyway

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Possibly, would have some good theory there. But the fact that dealer Demo's in UK haven't gone out, and the LOG41 event in the US featured only 1 Emira really does point to serious supply issues are still happening at the factory. I think they fixed a few major items last minute and pushed everything back farther then anyone expected.
What if the suppliers were told to prioritise parts for EU bound cars? That would explain why no UK demo cars have gone out. Surely the same suppliers are being used for UK & EU cars where there's a difference. Dash, pedal box, wiring loom etc. I find any other explanation hard to believe.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Or Lotus is struggling for cash so is selling cars to locations with the biggest margins first.

Lolub

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been checking this forum now and then but thought it would make sense to finally create an account and interact after I have seen this post.

Long story short, I am the lucky future owner of the DV / diamond-cut wheel EMIRA that has arrived at Lotus Antwerp.

Couldnt get the car yet as I am travelling a lot for work these days (weekend included :( ) , was expecting the car to arrive much later and hence have just started the process to get it insured, get a personnalized plate, etc. In a clear blue sky scenario, I could get the car next weekend.

The lotus shall be my first sports car and I have been driving an underpowered Class C coupé for the past 6 years so I will not be in a position to provide you with a super detailed technical feedback vs. other sports cars since the Lotus will be such a gigantic leap forward vs. the daily routine but I'll keep you posted once the car is in the garage / after a few hours of fun on the steering wheel.

Of note, I put the deposit down on July 16 2021.

Cheers and good weekend to all!
Congratulations and very happy for you!! 🤠🤠

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@TomE - I recall that there was a requirement to fit ADAS or whatever technology is needed for speed control or something similar earlier this year, but can't remember if that was EU only. Sorry to be so vague, but I didn't take a great note of it, as at the time it didn't seem relevant to the V6 Emira.
If this is now indeed a requirement for the UK and the question over Type Approval for the V6 auto remains (see V6 autobox news thread), this could be a big problem.
Hope this makes sense and you will be very kindly be able to provide some facts. Many thanks.
Covered in the linked thread below. The EU requirement applies just to the intelligent speed limiter but not all ADAS features.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What if the suppliers were told to prioritise parts for EU bound cars? That would explain why no UK demo cars have gone out. Surely the same suppliers are being used for UK & EU cars where there's a difference. Dash, pedal box, wiring loom etc. I find any other explanation hard to believe.
As in Geely went behind Lotus' back and told suppliers to prioritze Euro spec parts? I dunno about that, seems a little far fetched. Most likely the part or parts holding back UK spec was either delivered incorrectly manufactured or some other logical reason. I don't think it was done purposely.

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It’s clear it’s a parts issue. In reality they’re still only producing a handful of cars. Fortunately they have the huge Chinese ownership, else the lack of cash would undoubtedly have been a massive issue. I’m sure they want to move a lot faster, but they’ll be battling with other manufacturers who probably had bigger order books & much larger contracts.

Very little anyone can do as no real sign of any huge improvement in the short to medium term.

Personally, I’ve moved on & whilst I’ll probably still take the vehicle when it eventually arrives if resale value looks good, I’ve lost the initial excitement.

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As in Geely went behind Lotus' back and told suppliers to prioritze Euro spec parts? I dunno about that, seems a little far fetched. Most likely the part or parts holding back UK spec was either delivered incorrectly manufactured or some other logical reason. I don't think it was done purposely.
No, not behind their backs, but forced into it. There has been talk on this forum about behind the scenes politics after all. As far as I'm aware they still haven't informed their UK dealers about the EU deliveries either.

Last edited:

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
He has finally picked it up

Attachments

• 0443F2FF-C0D0-4D85-A0B8-84C1631D3588.png
    0443F2FF-C0D0-4D85-A0B8-84C1631D3588.png
    177.7 KB · Views: 212