World's first Emira customer delivery?

mjjbyers

Reaction score
140C4920-7197-45D2-949A-8C90E610B2EE.jpeg
51656D0D-08DB-4D9F-89BA-4D370DE20039.jpeg

Some interior pics from his FB page, it’s in the comments for anyone wondering.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Customer car with the mesh screen, but it also has the badge on the dash. Floor mats look nice. This is how my interior will look except I'll have the leather steering wheel instead of the Alcantara.

This is a decent looking little sports car. Clean, purposeful, minimalist without the hokey gimmicks. If all goes well, one of these will be in my driveway in about 7 months.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I personally love the tan, its slightly less orange in the flesh but I'm really happy with it, side by side its less orange more Tan than my van but depending on light they can both photograph very differently
20211014_132211.jpg

20220730_195827.jpg
20211014_132203.jpg

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The tan looks nice too, but I wish it was more a natural un-stained leather colour. I.e. A bit lighter, almost sand like and less dark brown/orange. That would have been even more classy imho.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
View attachment 8906View attachment 8907
Some interior pics from his FB page, it’s in the comments for anyone wondering.

Beautiful!

I hope by the time mine arrives (since I don´t know how "soon" is going to be) they already sell the bespoke fridge for my Champagne not to have to carry it on the passenger seat like that. It gets warm! 😭

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So, that's a production seat, looks fine. I wonder if it sits lower than the pre-production version
Lower than the July 2021 show car. Same height as the recent press cars shown at Goodwood, which had the final iteration of non-production seats before production.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Haha, I know you're joking, but I actually bought a brand new Triumph (guess I have a thing for British brands!) Daytona 675 sportbike some years ago, and on collection day I got really excited to start the bike up and see the odometer reading "0 km", indicating that this brand new bike was mine, all mine.

Instead, to my slight dismay, I put the key in, turned on the ignition, and the LCD display came to life reading "1 km". I asked the salesman why the bike already had 1 km on it, I thought I was buying a brand new bike? etc., and he chuckled and explained to me that some bikes will easily rollover their first kilometer just by being pushed back and forth across the dealership floor during unpacking & delivery! I would've never thought of that, but it made total sense to me after he explained it. :p

I figure the above is a similar situation.
I picked my Corvette up at the museum and it had a couple miles on it. They run every car over a short "obstacle" course to make sure everything is aok. Not a big deal...:) I did catch a Youtube reviewer taking an already purchased car out for a drive. That IS a big deal, I'd be pissed if I was the owner of that car!!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wasn't the first customer car the RHD DV car that was delivered to Bridge of Weir Leather, the one they were showing at the concours in the U.K. a couple weeks ago? People keep saying the first customer cars weren't in the U.K., but I believe they were.

Since most of the production (and dealer demo) cars appear to be LHD so far, there must be some kind of hang-up on getting the parts for the RHD cars. I don't think there's anything sinister going on.

The people on this forum seem to have the idea that they're the most important Lotus customers in the world, but in reality this forum is a fraction of the number of people who have deposits/orders in. We don't know who's connected to who, the politics, or any of the other behind-the-scenes things that could be going on as far as early deliveries.

I'm just glad customer cars are now being built and delivered! That's a milestone we've been waiting for this entire year. That means it's now strictly down to parts and supply. Hopefully Lotus has been working on second-sourcing some of the parts they've been having supply difficulties with. They need that anyways, to be able to reliably keep up with the current, and soon to be expanding demand once these are in dealer's showrooms, and out on the roads.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wasn't the first customer car the RHD DV car that was delivered to Bridge of Weir Leather, the one they were showing at the concours in the U.K. a couple weeks ago? People keep saying the first customer cars weren't in the U.K., but I believe they were.

Since most of the production (and dealer demo) cars appear to be LHD so far, there must be some kind of hang-up on getting the parts for the RHD cars. I don't think there's anything sinister going on.

The people on this forum seem to have the idea that they're the most important Lotus customers in the world, but in reality this forum is a fraction of the number of people who have deposits/orders in. We don't know who's connected to who, the politics, or any of the other behind-the-scenes things that could be going on as far as early deliveries.

I'm just glad customer cars are now being built and delivered! That's a milestone we've been waiting for this entire year. That means it's now strictly down to parts and supply. Hopefully Lotus has been working on second-sourcing some of the parts they've been having supply difficulties with. They need that anyways, to be able to reliably keep up with the current, and soon to be expanding demand once these are in dealer's showrooms, and out on the roads.
The RHD DV car at the Hampton Court Concours was a Lotus press car, sponsored by Bridge of Weir at the event to showcase their leather work.

As mentioned on other threads, there are problems with parts supply for the 50+ parts that are different between the RHD and LHD cars. The shortages affect production of RHD cars more than the LHD ones, but the LHD ones aren't exactly flying out of the factory either and only about 20 have been delivered so far, of which half are dealer demos.

The "first car" that's more of a mystery is the RHD Nimbus one that Matt Windle showed in his delay video back in June, which he said was the first customer car to be built and had been finished on 10 June. Maybe Lotus have filmed a handover already and are waiting to release it. I haven't seen any evidence of this car or any other RHD customer car being delivered.

I'm sure Lotus would like to get early cars out to people like Harry and Schmee. They don't know when theirs are coming. I suspect the UK people who've already had the Checkout email will get their cars before them. I was told by Lotus folks last year that YouTubers buying cars wouldn't necessarily get to jump the queue for their own cars, although of course they'd get access to press cars to do reviews.

Senior Lotus folks and UK dealers also said UK deliveries would be based on deposit date order - at Goodwood 2021 and at the dealer roadshows. They spent a lot of time ensuring people who paid pre-reveal deposits direct to dealers were converted across to the central Lotus system correctly (they got it wrong initially and then corrected it). Why do all that if deposit date wasn't a factor?

Lotus had also said vey clearly that they intended to start delivering UK cars first, then European cars would start being delivered about 2 months later and the first US cars about 2 months after that.

Clearly since then the parts supply and approvals issues have thrown that approach up in the air. I don't think any UK deposit holders are asking to be given special VIP treatment, they'd just like to be treated in line with what Lotus told them before. And if that needs to change due to parts issues, then tell people what the implications of that are. Outside the UK it's a different model and a different story.

Is it really too much to expect a company to honour the promises it publicly made, or explain and re-set expectations if they can't?