World's first Emira customer delivery?

NickyBuddy

Reaction score
Hi all,

As a quick update, I took delivery of my car yesterday at Lotus Antwerp :)

I think that this post could fit on several threads in the forum but I am paying tribute to eriegz who started this conversation 😉

I am attaching some pics on direct sunlight so you can have a glimpse on all the shades of dark green/clouds reflections. Needless to say again that it's even more stunning in the flesh. Also adding a pic next to my daily Class C coupe for size comparison.

I have driven around 160kms / 100 miles so far (only reason I'm not behind the steering wheel at the moment is that it's raining cats & dogs with strong winds and I am trying to avoid getting the medal for the first guy to have a tree fall on his Emira...).

In very short, I am enjoying every second as an Emira owner. Lot of things have already been said on the car following test drives so I'll just share a short summary of my very first impressions below:

- It took me around 30 minutes to forget my "muscle memory" from my Mercedes to get used to the clutch, the pedals setting and the gearbox. Well...I stalled 2 times in the Lotus parking lot, ended up several times in #4 gear instead of #2, etc. but not a show stopper at all. Once you "connect" to the car it feels natural
- Breaking-in period is 2,500 kms, with a reco not to go past 4,000 revs. Cannot therefore really comment on the full performance potential of the car yet. The EMIRA is my first sportscar so my comparison points are limited but I can tell you I already had a lot of fun, especially in sport mode (not tried track yet as a reco from the dealership). The car is planted on the road, feels super agile, nice torque, etc. It's very much alive and I am looking forward to be able to push beyond the 4,000 limit!
- Seat is confortable, interior is neat and well-finished. My wife enjoyed the ride yesterday and is super enthusiastic about future roadtrips so that's already a strong selling point 😁 The space in the backseat can fit 2 carry-on luggages
- Havent specifically focused on the sound system and navigation so far (wanted to focus on the drive and listen to the engine) but the KEF system did not specifically stand out
- Last but not least...and stating the obvious again: what a beautiful car!! I drove through a city used to welcome lots of exotics brands, and yet I have received a dozen of "thumbs up", some guys were snapping pics as I was passing, etc. Not that I am interested in coming across like a douchebag showing off his new car, but it kind of strenghtens the experience of driving something quite unique (well, being one of the first lucky guys to have the car worldwide helps I guess 😇). Went to a restaurant for dinner and frankly, it was painful to leave the car on the parking lot after staring at it for a few minutes with a grin on my face.

I'm in "honey-moon" period with the EMIRA and probably biased as I havent experienced the car enough to see some pain points/ sources of frustration (maybe KEF and visibility of the central screen under direct light are questionable) but I can say I am super happy.

Good Sunday to all,

Cheers,

NB

Attachments

• EMIRA Delivery 1.jpg
    EMIRA Delivery 1.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 416
  • Emira Delivery 2.jpg
    Emira Delivery 2.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 414
  • Emira Delivery 3.jpg
    Emira Delivery 3.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 400
  • EMIRA Delivery 4.jpg
    EMIRA Delivery 4.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 400
  • Emira Delivery 5.jpg
    Emira Delivery 5.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 391
  • Emira Delivery 6.jpg
    Emira Delivery 6.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 414
  • Emira Delivery 7.jpg
    Emira Delivery 7.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 414
  • Emira Delivery 8.jpg
    Emira Delivery 8.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 424

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for the update and congratulations on starting to drive it. Wishing you many miles of smiles (I'm not sure what the equivalent is in kilometres!).

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Interesting..and another not so amazed Kef performance....
Would be more worried if the V6 didnt sound good, but still Kef should really have nailed their sound in this car... I dont believe they did.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Would be more worried if the V6 didnt sound good, but still Kef should really have nailed their sound in this car... I dont believe they did.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I listened to the kef at b&c yesterday… sounded pretty good to me via CarPlay and a bit of deadmau5 😁

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I listened to the kef at b&c yesterday… sounded pretty good to me via CarPlay and a bit of deadmau5 😁
In my audition of the KEF system (360w pre-amp upgrade), the digital radio sounded compressed (not surprisingly DAB sounds crap everywhere) and CarPlay sounded very clear and well balanced. I’m sure it has improved since then given the power upgrade.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
yes i heard it pre upgrade and it was ordinary, not even good I would say, but well lets see where the next 4 5 people point us over the next few weeks.
In fact, I will probably have my car in a few weeks so I can hear it my self... he said, being overly and foolishly optimistic

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
yes i heard it pre upgrade and it was ordinary, not even good I would say, but well lets see where the next 4 5 people point us over the next few weeks.
In fact, I will probably have my car in a few weeks so I can hear it my self... he said, being overly and foolishly optimistic
soon, you will have it soon.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,

I think that this post could fit on several threads in the forum but I am paying tribute to eriegz who started this conversation 😉

I am attaching some pics on direct sunlight so you can have a glimpse on all the shades of dark green/clouds reflections. Needless to say again that it's even more stunning in the flesh. Also adding a pic next to my daily Class C coupe for size comparison.

I have driven around 160kms / 100 miles so far (only reason I'm not behind the steering wheel at the moment is that it's raining cats & dogs with strong winds and I am trying to avoid getting the medal for the first guy to have a tree fall on his Emira...).

In very short, I am enjoying every second as an Emira owner. Lot of things have already been said on the car following test drives so I'll just share a short summary of my very first impressions below:

- It took me around 30 minutes to forget my "muscle memory" from my Mercedes to get used to the clutch, the pedals setting and the gearbox. Well...I stalled 2 times in the Lotus parking lot, ended up several times in #4 gear instead of #2, etc. but not a show stopper at all. Once you "connect" to the car it feels natural
- Breaking-in period is 2,500 kms, with a reco not to go past 4,000 revs. Cannot therefore really comment on the full performance potential of the car yet. The EMIRA is my first sportscar so my comparison points are limited but I can tell you I already had a lot of fun, especially in sport mode (not tried track yet as a reco from the dealership). The car is planted on the road, feels super agile, nice torque, etc. It's very much alive and I am looking forward to be able to push beyond the 4,000 limit!
- Seat is confortable, interior is neat and well-finished. My wife enjoyed the ride yesterday and is super enthusiastic about future roadtrips so that's already a strong selling point 😁 The space in the backseat can fit 2 carry-on luggages
- Havent specifically focused on the sound system and navigation so far (wanted to focus on the drive and listen to the engine) but the KEF system did not specifically stand out
- Last but not least...and stating the obvious again: what a beautiful car!! I drove through a city used to welcome lots of exotics brands, and yet I have received a dozen of "thumbs up", some guys were snapping pics as I was passing, etc. Not that I am interested in coming across like a douchebag showing off his new car, but it kind of strenghtens the experience of driving something quite unique (well, being one of the first lucky guys to have the car worldwide helps I guess 😇). Went to a restaurant for dinner and frankly, it was painful to leave the car on the parking lot after staring at it for a few minutes with a grin on my face.

I'm in "honey-moon" period with the EMIRA and probably biased as I havent experienced the car enough to see some pain points/ sources of frustration (maybe KEF and visibility of the central screen under direct light are questionable) but I can say I am super happy.

Good Sunday to all,

Cheers,

NB
Congrats!!! Now you have me rethinking my switch from DV to Nimbus...again. Enjoy that car..:)

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Any high end system has a break-in period. Right out of the box they tend to sound wooden and a bit flat, but give it at least 25+ hours of use and the sound will begin to warm up.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Any high end system has a break-in period. Right out of the box they tend to sound wooden and a bit flat, but give it at least 25+ hours of use and the sound will begin to warm up.
so [edit] now we have to break in the stereo too.... 25 hours....

You may be right, but I've said it before, the best stereo I have heard is the Honda E and out of the box it was outstanding...... passers by (while charging) would lean in to watch my netflix as they could easilly hear it.. haha

Moderator edit: part of post moved to Running-in procedure thread here

Last edited by a moderator:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
so [edit] now we have to break in the stereo too.... 25 hours....

You may be right, but I've said it before, the best stereo I have heard is the Honda E and out of the box it was outstanding...... passers by (while charging) would lean in to watch my netflix as they could easilly hear it.. haha

Knowing Honda, some of the break-in on their audio system might have been done at the factory before delivery, but they also might have dialed in some compensation electronically. I don't think Lotus is doing any kind of audio break-in procedure at the factory, but that's okay. The KEF system should warm up like any high-end system does. Give it some time. KEF is known for clarity and detail, so if you're used to bass-centric sound systems, initially it might seem like the KEF system is under-performing, but it'll warm up.

Moderator edit: part of post moved to Running-in procedure thread here

Last edited by a moderator:

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Hi all,

Good Sunday to all,

Cheers,

NB
Congratulations! It's refreshing to hear your genuine excitement rather than the complains about having x hp less than the Evora, not as perfect as the GTS etc.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations! It's refreshing to hear your genuine excitement rather than the complains about having x hp less than the Evora, not as perfect as the GTS etc.
To be fair, it is his first sportscar so he doesn't have as much basis for comparison as some people. But it's still great to read the excitement of first time ownership.

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi all,

Good Sunday to all,

Cheers,

NB
You are a legend!! Thank you for "closing the loop" on the world's first happy customer delivery, and for sharing your excitement and ownership experience with all of us! :) It's so great to see this long-awaited car finally become REAL for somebody out there.

1664734751942.png

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
To be fair, it is his first sportscar so he doesn't have as much basis for comparison as some people. But it's still great to read the excitement of first time ownership.
Agreed. But that's also what I mean, just the enjoyment of a purposeful machine. Sometimes we have too much information and reference points and we end up suffering the process more than enjoying it!