World's first Emira customer delivery?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
True, in countries with an allocation framework (most of them) it does depend on what each dealer's allocation is and when you join the queue. We see that in North America with widely different deposit cut-off dates for making it onto the V6 FE list.

That's one reason why the new UK model of single queue by deposit date was supposed to be fairer and more transparent. But as we've seen, that's been somewhat abandoned now.
I still think I would prefer the direct to customer approach then having the dealer distribute allocations. Clearly it has been a bit of an unexpected rollout for the UK, but if it is because of supply chain and batching cars due to parts for production, I can live with that.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Why so low? I assume based on relatively low historical sales of Lotus in Spain,
Australia, population: 25 Million . . . 100 FE cars allocated
But we have historically been one of Lotus' strongest markets
Yes thats right, Lotus would have simply looked at where they sold Elise's, Exiges...etc in the last x years and Belgium although 1/4 the size of spain in terms of people probably ordered 4 to 5 times more cars from them, just as Holland did and indeed France, who's population is pretty much the same as the UK.
However, France's new emissions tax at about 30k... around there... on any value car that contaminates above a certain amount, is killing these sorts of sports cars. i.e. Renault and their great derivatives of sports models of their regular family cars have stopped doing them now, which is a great shame.
There were several places to buy a Lotus in France.... There is currently only one place to buy a Lotus in Spain.
Same as porsche in a way, in the UK they sell a huge number per capita, and hence give some excellent deals compared to other markets.... If you can get one ;)

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes thats right, Lotus would have simply looked at where they sold Elise's, Exiges...etc in the last x years and Belgium although 1/4 the size of spain in terms of people probably ordered 4 to 5 times more cars from them, just as Holland did and indeed France, who's population is pretty much the same as the UK.
However, France's new emissions tax at about 30k... around there... on any value car that contaminates above a certain amount, is killing these sorts of sports cars. i.e. Renault and their great derivatives of sports models of their regular family cars have stopped doing them now, which is a great shame.
There were several places to buy a Lotus in France.... There is currently only one place to buy a Lotus in Spain.
Same as porsche in a way, in the UK they sell a huge number per capita, and hence give some excellent deals compared to other markets.... If you can get one ;)
Wow. Only one dealer? What's the English word for exclusive?
The lane in Spain is mainly on the wane.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wow. Only one dealer? What's the English word for exclusive?
The lane in Spain is mainly on the wane.
There should be one in Marbella, they would sell loads of Emiras

NickyBuddy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been checking this forum now and then but thought it would make sense to finally create an account and interact after I have seen this post.

Long story short, I am the lucky future owner of the DV / diamond-cut wheel EMIRA that has arrived at Lotus Antwerp.

Couldnt get the car yet as I am travelling a lot for work these days (weekend included :( ) , was expecting the car to arrive much later and hence have just started the process to get it insured, get a personnalized plate, etc. In a clear blue sky scenario, I could get the car next weekend.

The lotus shall be my first sports car and I have been driving an underpowered Class C coupé for the past 6 years so I will not be in a position to provide you with a super detailed technical feedback vs. other sports cars since the Lotus will be such a gigantic leap forward vs. the daily routine but I'll keep you posted once the car is in the garage / after a few hours of fun on the steering wheel.

Of note, I put the deposit down on July 16 2021.

Cheers and good weekend to all!

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Hey guys,

I have been checking this forum now and then but thought it would make sense to finally create an account and interact after I have seen this post.

Long story short, I am the lucky future owner of the DV / diamond-cut wheel EMIRA that has arrived at Lotus Antwerp.

Couldnt get the car yet as I am travelling a lot for work these days (weekend included :( ) , was expecting the car to arrive much later and hence have just started the process to get it insured, get a personnalized plate, etc. In a clear blue sky scenario, I could get the car next weekend.

The lotus shall be my first sports car and I have been driving an underpowered Class C coupé for the past 6 years so I will not be in a position to provide you with a super detailed technical feedback vs. other sports cars since the Lotus will be such a gigantic leap forward vs. the daily routine but I'll keep you posted once the car is in the garage / after a few hours of fun on the steering wheel.

Congratulations! You may be the first customer delivery.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hey guys,

Welcome and congratulations on the good fortune. Consider posting your experiences on the Driving Impressions thread.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think the other Antwerp car (Dark Verdant) has already been handed over?

I'm surprised Lotus PR haven't got a photographer there to do a photoshoot and social media posts about the handover. Maybe that's coming later in the week.

Still puzzled what happened to this car, supposedly the first customer car and RHD and finished on 10 June:

View attachment 8673
That was just bullshit Joel...I'm surprised you listened to me...

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Congratulations - so you did not revive notification 30 days ago that your car was coming early so that you could be fully prepared ?
Wow first customer delivery from 16th July deposit - it’s now a complete lottery certainly way out of deposit date order now

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congratulations - so you did not revive notification 30 days ago that your car was coming early so that you could be fully prepared ?
Wow first customer delivery from 16th July deposit - it’s now a complete lottery certainly way out of deposit date order now
In this case, the Notification will come soon.

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hey guys,

Congratulations!!! 🥳 I wasn't actually expecting the lucky recipient of the world's first Emira delivery to reply to this thread, but very cool that you did!

The Emira will be my first sports car as well, so I'm actually more excited to hear your overall impressions than a "professional" auto magazine journalist's. But no rush. Safe travels, and I hope that you enjoy your new car whenever you pick it up. :)

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
just to add insult to injury!

haha.. just kidding.
congratulations and I hope your work soon allows you to enjoy such things as the Emira.
dont worry about not being an expert in the sports car field, you are in good company on this forum.. ... I know bugger all also, just pretend you are Jeremy C and all will be well .
Look forward to seeing your smiling face and the car next weekend!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hey guys,

Congratulations!!! Looking forward to both the review and some cool pictures of DV!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hey guys,

Well you certainly get the prize for the most dramatic and impactful first post on the forum!

Welcome to forum membership and congratulations on your imminent delivery. Of course everyone is eager to hear your first impressions, regardless of your previous car history and driving experience.

If you've only been dropping in to the forum now and then you may not have seen the ongoing discussion about delivery sequences and how that's been handled by Lotus, particularly the apparent re-sequencing so that EU cars are starting to be delivered before any UK cars (including dealer demos), which were expected to arrive first. That seems to be due to parts supply issues affected RHD cars more than LHD ones. Many people in the UK had been told cars would be delivered in roughly deposit date order, at least in the UK. For other countries we expected cars would be in deposit date order for each dealer, because of how dealer allocations work.

Your deposit being 18 July 2021 means it was 10 days after the reveal and a week after the end of Goodwood. That means it was placed after thousands of deposits in the UK and elsewhere. A UK deposit on that date would be roughly Month 6 or 7 for delivery (so Feb/Mar 2023 on current forecasts). I expect there will be UK deposit holders who feel your early delivery is a big surprise and a long way off what they had thought would happen. Personally it makes me pretty annoyed with Lotus, for telling many of us there would be a particular approach and then changing it without communicating.

But I'm happy for you and wish you well with your car - you're very lucky to have the first (or at least a very early) customer Emira.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The 30 day notification process is only for UK customers. In other countries it follows the usual dealer-run process, so in theory the dealers are supposed to know when their customers' cars are going to arrive at the dealership and then let customers know in advance accordingly.

Twin Cam

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Congratulations to Nickybuddy and to Lotus, The first one is the hardest to get out and it has happened, enjoy your car fella and I hope you have great times in it.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Well you certainly get the prize for the most dramatic and impactful first post on the forum!

Welcome to forum membership and congratulations on your imminent delivery. Of course everyone is eager to hear your first impressions, regardless of your previous car history and driving experience.

If you've only been dropping in to the forum now and then you may not have seen the ongoing discussion about delivery sequences and how that's been handled by Lotus, particularly the apparent re-sequencing so that EU cars are starting to be delivered before any UK cars (including dealer demos), which were expected to arrive first. That seems to be due to parts supply issues affected RHD cars more than LHD ones. Many people in the UK had been told cars would be delivered in roughly deposit date order, at least in the UK. For other countries we expected cars would be in deposit date order for each dealer, because of how dealer allocations work.

Your deposit being 18 July 2021 means it was 10 days after the reveal and a week after the end of Goodwood. That means it was placed after thousands of deposits in the UK and elsewhere. A UK deposit on that date would be roughly Month 6 or 7 for delivery (so Feb/Mar 2023 on current forecasts). I expect there will be UK deposit holders who feel your early delivery is a big surprise and a long way off what they had thought would happen. Personally it makes me pretty annoyed with Lotus, for telling many of us there would be a particular approach and then changing it without communicating.

But I'm happy for you and wish you well with your car - you're very lucky to have the first (or at least a very early) customer Emira.
Totally agree, it’s a shame that an iconic British brand can’t deliver just one car to a British customer, what’s the part that makes RHD so unique that not one can be built?
Perhaps honesty to customers is seen as a weakness in the new direct market.
Anyway whinge over let’s have an in-depth customer review from the lucky first few customers 😀

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There are over 50 and maybe as many as 70-80 parts that vary between LHD and RHD. Dashboard, driver display binnacle, steering column, pedal box, secondary wiring harnesses, door liners, carpet, sun visors, brake components, pipework etc.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
There are over 50 and maybe as many as 70-80 parts that vary between LHD and RHD. Dashboard, driver display binnacle, steering column, pedal box, secondary wiring harnesses, door liners, carpet, sun visors, brake components, pipework etc.
I know, you’ve said before, but can they build the UK demo cars?