Will today reveal IE F4 pricing?

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes all the electric vehicles will be made in China in Wuhan (Yes that Wuhan) and as we know the Chinese don't mess around when it comes to production, lets just keep our fingers crossed that they maintain quality.

If you google it can see the facility they are building, very impressive I must say.

This end in the UK its all come to strong to fast for Lotus. i'm sure they will come good.
Not quite true - the electric "lifestyle" vehicles will be built in China, but forthcoming electric sports cars at Hethel - starting with the type 135, which is (allegedly) going to share the LEVA platform with a forthcoming Alpine which could also be built at Hethel... So :
  • Lotus 132 (2023-): Eletra E Segment all-electric SUV - China
  • Lotus 133 (2024-): Sedan, all-electric four-door super saloon - China
  • Lotus 134 (2025-): Mid-size SUV, all-electric - China
  • Lotus 135 (2026-): Sports car, all-electric - Hethel
https://www.lotusengineering.com/leva/

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2026-lotus-type-135-electric-elise-successor-detailed

www.motorauthority.com .. e-successor-due-in-2026-teased

(ignore the stupid Autocar renders, as usual....!)

Last edited:

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Aren't the electric vehicles going to be made in China? They tend to be better at mass production because of the size of their labor pool, although QC is always an issue with them unless there's strict oversight. From my experience with things I've bought, material quality standards aren't as high or consistent as you might find in the U.S. or Europe. Since Matt emphasized in the TG interview that quality, quality, quality was the focus, that bodes well for the electric vehicles. Hopefully they can deliver both quality and quantity in a timely manner.

I think once Lotus gets this new production process underway and gets some experience under their belt, things should improve. They really took on a big load to do everything at the same time; new car, new production facility, new production process, new paint system, etc. And of course, they're doing this in the middle of an international sh*tshow of epic proportions from governments, media, you name it.

I can be patient; right now quality sounds good.
I think you will find Chinese top end manufacturing is nowadays very high quality - for example apple products and Shanghai made Teslas are prime examples.
All EV BMWs and Mercs are also made in China iX3s and iX.
EVs techs in China are way ahead for the masses…..

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not quite true - the electric "lifestyle" vehicles will be built in China, but forthcoming electric sports cars at Hethel - starting with the type 135, which is (allegedly) going to share the LEVA platform with a forthcoming Alpine which could also be build at Hethel... So :
  • Lotus 132 (2023-): Eletra E Segment all-electric SUV - China
  • Lotus 133 (2024-): Sedan, all-electric four-door super saloon - China
  • Lotus 134 (2025-): Mid-size SUV, all-electric - China
  • Lotus 135 (2026-): Sports car, all-electric - Hethel
https://www.lotusengineering.com/leva/

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2026-lotus-type-135-electric-elise-successor-detailed

www.motorauthority.com .. e-successor-due-in-2026-teased

(ignore the stupid Autocar renders, as usual....!)
I suppose that makes sense that lotus uk leaves themselves something to build in 5 years time.

KusaKusa

Reaction score
Manufacturing is only as good as the company that executes it, no matter the country. For example, Americans produce both shit quality cars (Ford/Lincoln recently with the Explorer) and great ones (Toyota, Honda, and BMW all have American manufacturing for American cars). The NUMMI manufacturing plant in Fremont went from one of GM's worst performing plants to one of its best with the joint venture with Toyota to mediocre again with Tesla. Tesla's Shanghai plant is well known for better quality than the American made cars, likely because they learned more and could better engineer quality into their manufacturing design. I've worked with German suppliers who had factories in China, and their level of manufacturing was still superb because they had a comprehensive presence at the factory and acted like a world class site with world class engineers no matter where it was located.

Reactions: DJS

denk0815

Reaction score
any news for i4 FE pricing outside of UK? more precisely central Europe pricing?
No, nothing.
At the demonstration of the V6, my dealer in St. Gallen told me to expect just over CHF 90k for the i4. During our last phone call, he corrected the amount upwards but couldn't give me anything more precise.