'when will we know options/colors for non first edition?

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hmmm. My dealer told me that the deposit ($3,000 USD) was fully refundable up until you sign on the dotted line and complete the purchase.
Yep that's what they told me too so we should be good.....well on the deposit anyway, not sure if we'll ever see a car..:)

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I can very much see where Lotus where over whelmed by the response to the Emira and didn't plan / see the success coming. Sprinkle in some covid lockdowns and supply chain issue and voila.

I just don't get their idea behind the launch - In N/A markets (not sure about Australia/Asia) F/E's were cut off by a production figure amount. Yet in most other places, like UK/EU it was cut off by a certain date/time. Yet they allocate 2,400 to the US market for 2023 production. 1,700 of these will have to be base spec cars. Yet they almost certainly have a full production schedule of F/E cars to build. Potentially you can have a V6 F/E being built for a UK customer, 6 months after a US customer is receiving his V6 base spec. Either that or I have no idea how Lotus can project 2400 allocations to the US market and still build the 5K+ V6 F/E earmarked for the UK market. All this without adding in ROW F/E's. I am just preparing myself for a potential disappointment.... I did not make the F/E cut off despite depositing September 2021. I do get the feeling it will be sometime in 2024 I actually see an Emira unfortunately.

Only other theory I have is that Lotus will do a U-turn on doing base orders in 2023 at least until Q4 and make the remaining 1700 US allocations into V6 / i4 FE specs.
This would make too much sense but there must be a reason - I’m not super familiar with the industry but could it be that the NA dealerships can make more revenue selling options on a base model vs an FE and therefore wanted to keep the FE sales low in NA?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In markets where there is a limit based on numbers of cars rather than date, I suspect that’s related to emissions or type approval or import quotas.

I don’t understand why there’s a separate limit on FE and Base numbers. Only reason I can think of is pricing/margin.

TRACKS

Reaction score
Posted today from @GatorMotorsport

7 additional paint colors confirmed:
• Solid Zinc Grey
• Atlantis Blue
• Meridian Blue
• Vivid Red
• Osmium Silver
• Aspen White
• Cosmos Black
All 6 launch colors will be available on the ‘Base’ cars as well.
Seems strange to me that they would offer 3 versions of blue and 3 versions of grey

I need a Chrome Orange Emira!

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Posted today from @GatorMotorsport

7 additional paint colors confirmed:
• Solid Zinc Grey
• Atlantis Blue
• Meridian Blue
• Vivid Red
• Osmium Silver
• Aspen White
• Cosmos Black
All 6 launch colors will be available on the ‘Base’ cars as well.
Good things come to those that wait, more choice. Now if Lotus can just drop one sample of each (full size please) in my driveway I can decide on a colour. It’s so hard to pick from a sample that’s 5,800 kms away!

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good things come to those that wait, more choice. Now if Lotus can just drop one sample of each (full size please) in my driveway I can decide on a colour. It’s so hard to pick from a sample that’s 5,800 kms away!
pictures of each colour is coming .... Lotus soon