• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

When will UK customers be a delivery date?

Hi all, received my phone call in October from Lotus for my second deposit and I have read some comments that there maybe a third requested at some point in Dec/Jan.

What I’m interested in knowing is, at what point will UK FE customers be informed when their scheduled delivery date is? So far it seems it’s been largely discussed amongst the consumers but has anyone actually been told by Lotus at what point this will be decided?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m expecting indicative delivery dates for UK deposit holders to be available late Dec/early Jan just before 3rd deposits are due.

Then delivery dates confirmed after all the 3rd deposits have been paid, once they know who has committed. So probably late Jan/early Feb.

I’ve already asked Lotus last week to confirm the next steps and will update when I have news.

What’s also become apparent last week is some UK depositors haven’t been called yet about second deposits. They are in a second batch, which looks like it’ll be Dec/Jan for deposit #2 calls and likely to be Q3/Q4 2022 delivery.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m expecting indicative delivery dates for UK deposit holders to be available late Dec/early Jan just before 3rd deposits are due.

Then delivery dates confirmed after all the 3rd deposits have been paid, once they know who has committed. So probably late Jan/early Feb.

I’ve already asked Lotus last week to confirm the next steps and will update when I have news.

What’s also become apparent last week is some UK depositors haven’t been called yet about second deposits. They are in a second batch, which looks like it’ll be Dec/Jan for deposit #2 calls and likely to be Q3/Q4 2022 delivery.

I apologize, I don't mean to hijack this thread but I had a related question to delivery dates. Is it possible to delay your delivery date? You are ready to do a final configuration and buy the car, but you want to delay it 3 to 6 months... Would this be possible?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That should be possible but check with your dealer, as it’s a different process in the US.

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Cheers for this reply most helpful!

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Hi - first post...

I put my initial deposit down in mid July. Hadn't heard anything and been busy at work so didn't think anything of it assuming they would be in touch.

Then started to get a bit worried so called Lotus UK sales tody and was told they sent me an email on 13th Oct to get confirmation of engine (they are only starting with V6 production I believe) and that had I replied I would have been sent a configuration link.

The chap was very helpful and resent the email (that I could confirm I hadn't received, unless somehow got lost in Junk) and when I verbally confirmed V6 manual he was able to send an individual configuration link.

BUT when I naturally asked about delivery he said couldn't really give any idea but likely to be 4Q22. That is considerably later than I had expected so I asked him if by missing that email I had somehow dropped down the pecking order. He assured me that build slots are being allocated based on timing of first deposit...

To set my mind at rest can anyone share any more UK timings, even indicative, versus when they put their initial £2k down ?

Thx

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
From what we know on the forum the deadline for second deposits was 12/11, so if you have paid second deposit after that then you will be in second batch we believe thus later potential delivery date

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
From what we know on the forum the deadline for second deposits was 12/11, so if you have paid second deposit after that then you will be in second batch we believe thus later potential delivery date
Thanks donskibeat - I kinda feared that. But I think he should have been honest with me rather than say no impact. And they should have tried to call me rather than assume I had seen an email - that I didn't receive.

Can you shed any light on what difference first batch versus second batch makes to approx delivery quarter next year ?

dave355

Reaction score
i placed first deposit mid July and paid second early Oct and told would be in first batch but probably delivery late 2022 so I believe what you was told was correct by lotus and you order is based on the first deposit

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
i placed first deposit mid July and paid second early Oct and told would be in first batch but probably delivery late 2022 so I believe what you was told was correct by lotus and you order is based on the first deposit
Thanks dave355 - much appreciated. I'll lock in spec and wire the next £3k and hope for the best !

Going to check the spec threads now as the latest configurator looks very different (in terms of options) to the one I played with before I put the July deposit down...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi - first post...

I put my initial deposit down in mid July. Hadn't heard anything and been busy at work so didn't think anything of it assuming they would be in touch.

Then started to get a bit worried so called Lotus UK sales tody and was told they sent me an email on 13th Oct to get confirmation of engine (they are only starting with V6 production I believe) and that had I replied I would have been sent a configuration link.

The chap was very helpful and resent the email (that I could confirm I hadn't received, unless somehow got lost in Junk) and when I verbally confirmed V6 manual he was able to send an individual configuration link.

BUT when I naturally asked about delivery he said couldn't really give any idea but likely to be 4Q22. That is considerably later than I had expected so I asked him if by missing that email I had somehow dropped down the pecking order. He assured me that build slots are being allocated based on timing of first deposit...

To set my mind at rest can anyone share any more UK timings, even indicative, versus when they put their initial £2k down ?

Thx
Welcome!

Exactly as you were told, delivery date will be based on the date of your FIRST deposit, provided you pay the second and third deposits when requested.

Online deposits opened on the evening of the 6 July reveal and by the start of Goodwood on 8 July they had about 500 UK deposits. They then took 500 UK deposits per day at Goodwood (so up to about 2500 by end of 11 July). There have been some cancellations when pricing was announced and during the recent roadshows, but also some new deposits so roughly 2700 still in play. About 50% are going for V6 FE from decisions so far.

So I reckon if you put a deposit down by mid Goodwood (end of Fri 9 July) you're probably looking at delivery by end Sept 2022 (plus/minus a month) and deposits 10 July onwards would be sometime in Q4. Lots of variables, but that's a well-informed guess.

When you didn't respond to the first email you should have had a chaser email about 2-3 weeks go, but I guess that ended up in spam/junk like the first one. It looks like you aren't losing out and if you submit config and pay the £3k will still be in the queue in the right place.

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Welcome!

Exactly as you were told, delivery date will be based on the date of your FIRST deposit, provided you pay the second and third deposits when requested.

Online deposits opened on the evening of the 6 July reveal and by the start of Goodwood on 8 July they had about 500 UK deposits. They then took 500 UK deposits per day at Goodwood (so up to about 2500 by end of 11 July). There have been some cancellations when pricing was announced and during the recent roadshows, but also some new deposits so roughly 2700 still in play. About 50% are going for V6 FE from decisions so far.

So I reckon if you put a deposit down by mid Goodwood (end of Fri 9 July) you're probably looking at delivery by end Sept 2022 (plus/minus a month) and deposits 10 July onwards would be sometime in Q4. Lots of variables, but that's a well-informed guess.

When you didn't respond to the first email you should have had a chaser email about 2-3 weeks go, but I guess that ended up in spam/junk like the first one. It looks like you aren't losing out and if you submit config and pay the £3k will still be in the queue in the right place.
Super helpful !!! Thanks TomE. Much appreciated. I thought I was quick on the draw on 12th July, but clearly not that quick ;-)

I read somewhere that the V6 may not be offered for long - have you heard anything on this ? Thx again !!!

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Welcome!

Hi - first post...

Thx
I had a conversation with Lotus via 'chat' today, with some similar questions and I must say that I'm not much wiser after the chat than I was before!

I asked if the deadline for the second deposit was the 12th November - They confirmed it was, for early deposit placers (not really sure what that means as they didn't confirm what parameters qualified an early deposit placer) My first deposit was 11th July and I paid the second in October. I'm not sure if any of the really early deposit placers can tell me if they ever had an email telling them that there was a deadline??

I asked if all the V6 FE cars would be built prior to production of i4 FE cars - They said that due to the high demand that both models would be built at the same time but with production of the V6 in Spring and i4 in Autumn, which I guess means an overlap for some of the mid-July deposit cars as some early i4 cars will be delivered before the later V6 deposit cars.

I also asked about everyones place in the queue being honoured based on date of deposit - They confirmed that they will be honoured based on the first deposit but I don't really know how that will work regarding the second deposit payment (with the 12th Novemeber deadline) as that would mean that if you haven't paid the second deposit then how can they honour your place based on the first deposit 🤯🤯

Anyway, I'm sure that hasn't helped 😂 but that's the latest I know!

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I had a conversation with Lotus via 'chat' today, with some similar questions and I must say that I'm not much wiser after the chat than I was before!

I asked if the deadline for the second deposit was the 12th November - They confirmed it was, for early deposit placers (not really sure what that means as they didn't confirm what parameters qualified an early deposit placer) My first deposit was 11th July and I paid the second in October. I'm not sure if any of the really early deposit placers can tell me if they ever had an email telling them that there was a deadline??

I asked if all the V6 FE cars would be built prior to production of i4 FE cars - They said that due to the high demand that both models would be built at the same time but with production of the V6 in Spring and i4 in Autumn, which I guess means an overlap for some of the mid-July deposit cars as some early i4 cars will be delivered before the later V6 deposit cars.

I also asked about everyones place in the queue being honoured based on date of deposit - They confirmed that they will be honoured based on the first deposit but I don't really know how that will work regarding the second deposit payment (with the 12th Novemeber deadline) as that would mean that if you haven't paid the second deposit then how can they honour your place based on the first deposit 🤯🤯

Dommo - thanks for that extra colour.

I am hopeful that based on your interaction with them today, what they told me and also the great input from TomE (who looks like one of the top forum contributors for sure), that they honour our places in the built queue "for a while" when they can't get hold of someone.

As I said, I didn't know I had to lock in the configuration nor pay the next £3k, so I am on that now (a few choices to make...) and hopefully will be no worse off.

But as you say, that system doesn't make sense for ever - at some point they need to assume someone has lost interest, or can't fund - and drop them down the list. Hopefully that is a little way off, given there are not many options to play with, so can't see why needs to be "locked in" so far in advance of when our cars will actually be built.

I am really looking forward to finishing my spec and ultimately taking delivery...sometime (hopefully) in 2022 !!!

Thanks again !

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
outside of UK, shall we expect 2023 deliveries?
sorry guys, I realized I had to edit a couple of typo errors

Following this question, which we all repeat ourselves in different parts of the World,
only my personal opinion in my specific case in Spain.

When the whole thing started back in July, the info we had here from Lotus Spain version of the web page, and same info from local dealer at the time, was:
Global sales available Spring 22.
Way after this, Lotus modified the web page as says only about FE V6 available Spring 22, and this is all we got from this end till now.
In parallel, our dealer´s last info (not much) is that they will have a show car FE V6LHD probably in May 22.
And that our deposit cars will come either 2 months after the start of production or after they finish the UK FE V6 queue.
As you can see everything is confusing to say the least.

In my case, I am starting to get a little annoyed about the lack and/or different informations from both Lotus and dealer, specifically related to possible changes in estimated delivery dates.

Being committed in the order since beginning July and Nr. 1 in the queue of my local dealer, only way we con go through in Spain, I am evolving in some thoughts:

Even if they said at the beginning this was a Global Launch, I assumed, with no complaint at all, that Lotus would start delivering in priority UK spec, by recognizing it's the main, original, and with possible production matters (RHD)
What I would consider not fair is to have to wait for delivery until all FE UK units have been delivered.
I just don't think it is is fair that possible long delay. This would go against what they made us believe about Global, and some of us made deposit at an early stage based on a supposedly delivery Spring 22, not Autumn, or even worse into 2023 if we have to wait for all Uk deliveries first, and fearing that now they change again, and will even say after US deliveries as well, which I believe is the 2nd volume market for Lotus, which would mean for Continental Europe probably way into 2023 for an FE V6.
Not to mention if after that they even start deliveries prioritized on different European countries with more different schedules, which for me based on the little volume of orders for Spain (info from dealer is less that 20 for all Spain and Portugal) compared to countries like Germany, France or Italy where I am sure there will be many more orders, then after all at the end I find myself reiceiving the car in Summer Autumn 23, where 5.000 customers got their unit delivered before whilst most of them placing the order after me.
I don't like to be apocalyptic but Lotus is not helping at all.
I wouldn't like to have to cancel the order for feeling teased, but if they continue this route, I might have to consider it.
Now, let me sit on the positive and IMHO logical schedule:
LOTUS, please start production of LHD cars maximum two months after the beginning of UK production, and start delivering to Continental Europe straight after (same for US and rest of the World), and please follow the proportional deliveries as per the First In First Out Basis proportional to the amount of cars actually sold by date, (Same as for the UK buyers) but on a separate list 2 months behind for the rest of the World.
I think this is only asking about giving everybody in the World more or less the same option to enjoy there purchase in the right time. Can't be so difficult!
And if it cannot be, at least tell as why, and then each one will decide what to do.

Last edited:

AlexB

Reaction score
Dommo - thanks for that extra colour.

I am hopeful that based on your interaction with them today, what they told me and also the great input from TomE (who looks like one of the top forum contributors for sure), that they honour our places in the built queue "for a while" when they can't get hold of someone.

As I said, I didn't know I had to lock in the configuration nor pay the next £3k, so I am on that now (a few choices to make...) and hopefully will be no worse off.

But as you say, that system doesn't make sense for ever - at some point they need to assume someone has lost interest, or can't fund - and drop them down the list. Hopefully that is a little way off, given there are not many options to play with, so can't see why needs to be "locked in" so far in advance of when our cars will actually be built.

I am really looking forward to finishing my spec and ultimately taking delivery...sometime (hopefully) in 2022 !!!

Thanks again !
Also (and check this with Lotus for your own peace of mind) don’t get too stressed about finalising spec now as I believe you will be able to change it next year, something like up until 12 weeks before build.

By then you’ll have definitely seen photos of actual cars in all six colours, and possibly even at a dealer as well.

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Super helpful !!! Thanks TomE. Much appreciated. I thought I was quick on the draw on 12th July, but clearly not that quick ;-)

I read somewhere that the V6 may not be offered for long - have you heard anything on this ? Thx again !!!
Sorry to have to break the bad news that 12 July put you further down the queue. Lotus were very surprised at the reaction and I think Goodwood deposits were roughly twice what they'd expected. By the end of the first day they were already talking about adding a second shift and having to review country allocations.

I was told the V6 would be available as long as it met emissions requirements and there was customer demand, and that there was no quota to use up. It's likely the proposed changes in 2025/26 will kill it. Judging by interest so far it looks like there is plenty of demand!

The 12 Nov deadline turned out to be for only the first batch of V6 FE and by my reckoning that was about 6 months UK production or 600ish cars. I did get an email with a deadline after Lotus called me about the V6 FE decision, and an email saying it was being extended from 5th to 12th November, and a reminder about a week before. There do seem to have been some glitches with emails, some not being sent and some going into spam/junk.

They will honour the first deposit date. This is why they've contacted the first 1000-1500 UK deposit holders in deposit date order, so they could build the order book for the first batch of build. The second batch of outbound calls will be in Dec/Jan to later deposit holders and they will then be slotted in to the second batch of build, with build order also based on their first deposit date. No one should be out of sequence, provided they pay second/third deposits when asked.

For non-UK orders I have been told production will start 1-2 months after UK production, so deliveries locally will start 2-3 months after the start of UK deliveries (factoring in shipping and customs clearance). I don't know how Lotus intend to sequence within each country and between countries but I would expect them to try and treat everyone fairly, as they have tried to do in the UK. It is also partly in the hands of the dealers and how they sequence and batch their allocations.

I'd expect Lotus to provide more info on timings in Dec/Jan, once UK batch #1 has been planned and they have confirmations of a chunk of the US, Europe and Asia orders. I don't know all the country-specific order deadlines. If they are planning out deliveries for April to Sept (UK batch #1) that would include about 50% of 2022 allocations for each country if they run +2 months then in parallel. So Jan deadlines for orders/build commitment for at least those 50% would fit with the same deadline for UK batch #1.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sorry to have to break the bad news that 12 July put you further down the queue. Lotus were very surprised at the reaction and I think Goodwood deposits were roughly twice what they'd expected. By the end of the first day they were already talking about adding a second shift and having to review country allocations.

I was told the V6 would be available as long as it met emissions requirements and there was customer demand, and that there was no quota to use up. It's likely the proposed changes in 2025/26 will kill it. Judging by interest so far it looks like there is plenty of demand!

The 12 Nov deadline turned out to be for only the first batch of V6 FE and by my reckoning that was about 6 months UK production or 600ish cars. I did get an email with a deadline after Lotus called me about the V6 FE decision, and an email saying it was being extended from 5th to 12th November, and a reminder about a week before. There do seem to have been some glitches with emails, some not being sent and some going into spam/junk.

They will honour the first deposit date. This is why they've contacted the first 1000-1500 UK deposit holders in deposit date order, so they could build the order book for the first batch of build. The second batch of outbound calls will be in Dec/Jan to later deposit holders and they will then be slotted in to the second batch of build, with build order also based on their first deposit date. No one should be out of sequence, provided they pay second/third deposits when asked.

For non-UK orders I have been told production will start 1-2 months after UK production, so deliveries locally will start 2-3 months after the start of UK deliveries (factoring in shipping and customs clearance). I don't know how Lotus intend to sequence within each country and between countries but I would expect them to try and treat everyone fairly, as they have tried to do in the UK. It is also partly in the hands of the dealers and how they sequence and batch their allocations.

I'd expect Lotus to provide more info on timings in Dec/Jan, once UK batch #1 has been planned and they have confirmations of a chunk of the US, Europe and Asia orders. I don't know all the country-specific order deadlines. If they are planning out deliveries for April to Sept (UK batch #1) that would include about 50% of 2022 allocations for each country if they run +2 months then in parallel. So Jan deadlines for orders/build commitment for at least those 50% would fit with the same deadline for UK batch #1.
Thanks Tom, my hope you are right!!!