When? I need a fix to keep me going...

Mark.

Reaction score
When can we expect to start seeing / hearing the i4 amg cars out and about?

I'm hoping not too much longer!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Currently the earliest date given for a customer delivery is July 2023, so I reckon dealer demo cars will be delivered in June and press cars/reviews in May/June.

Based on their experience with the V6 launch and reviews, I suspect Lotus will wait until they have final production spec cars to use for press reviews. They need to get decent reviews and be selected for awards like ECOTY. You got a sense from several of the V6 reviews that journalists were hedging their bets so they could declare the i4 the "better" car.

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
After my test drive I came to the conclusion that the base i4 is going to be the best option at 60k if you can get one at that price a great deal, for me personally would need some tillet seats on slim runners to get the correct driving position.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Hopefully, we will see more information in early spring. 🤞

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Any clue when Doug, throttle house, big Matt and s geese get a go? It’s annoying me to no end waiting for their takes.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Any clue when Doug, throttle house, big Matt and s geese get a go? It’s annoying me to no end waiting for their takes.
In an i4? Like Tom said, probably not until May/June...?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
You and me both! The idea of an aggressively tuned Emira I4 breathing fire out the tailpipes gets me all twitterpated!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm guessing the US-based journalists who didn't review the pre-production V6 prototypes last June are waiting for US-spec cars to be delivered in March. Or maybe they will get use of the current US tour cars after they finish the dealer tours.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm guessing the US-based journalists who didn't review the pre-production V6 prototypes last June are waiting for US-spec cars to be delivered in March. Or maybe they will get use of the current US tour cars after they finish the dealer tours.
I hope they get different cars. The one I drove was excellent but was definitely not a production-spec vehicle. The Sport mode didn't even open the exhaust baffle, it was completely disabled. It also lacked US market equipment... no amber reflectors in the headlights, was set up with EU convex mirrors, etc. Not sure what else might have been non-production, the seat base definitely seemed higher than it should have been.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I hope they get different cars. The one I drove was excellent but was definitely not a production-spec vehicle. The Sport mode didn't even open the exhaust baffle, it was completely disabled. It also lacked US market equipment... no amber reflectors in the headlights, was set up with EU convex mirrors, etc. Not sure what else might have been non-production, the seat base definitely seemed higher than it should have been.
Do you have a fav reviewer on our side of the pond?

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@JamesTH is a member here! He hasn't posted since June, but maybe he'll check in with an update at some point...
Hope he gets one soon, idk if he's an early FE reservation or not or prioritized by Lotus USA.

Edit: They can borrow mine if not :D

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I believe the Euro-spec cars being used for the US tours can't stay in the US, as they only have temporary approvals. But they seem to have been there for months. Some permanent US-spec press cars would make more sense. Fingers crossed those are in the first batch of dealer demo and customer cars being shipped to the US.