What's this wizardry?

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Saw this on Youtube - 99% sure the Emira has a passive setup. Modified with something like Photoshop? (It does appear the tires move too to deal with the shifting weight as the car moves up/down).

CleanShot 2022-10-23 at 22.56.05.gif

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Totally fake. Originated on TikTok, where this kind of thing gets created to get attention - it worked!

My guess is it's been done with a trolley jack.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What I don't get is, WHY did someone create this? It seems like such a boring yet oddly-specific product feature to fake, and would require a decent amount of effort to make it look convincing. The only explanation I can think of is that the creator deliberately wanted to sow disinformation about the Emira, because... reasons??

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What I don't get is, WHY did someone create this? It seems like such a boring yet oddly-specific product feature to fake, and would require a decent amount of effort to make it look convincing. The only explanation I can think of is that the creator deliberately wanted to sow disinformation about the Emira, because... reasons??
There's a lot of idiots in social media, doing always fakes.
Guess they have nothing better to do

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's an example of a category of videos called ASMR or autonomous sensory meridian response. It's very pseudo-scientific and is mainly about sights and sounds that trigger your senses. Loads of them are posted on TikTok and are largely meaningless. Certainly not intended as any sort of car review or for accurate information!

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And what is this random little device?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 3.11.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 3.11.04 PM.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 52

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They have suspension like this called air cup lift system by stanceparts. However, I don't think it'll be easily fitted this early since it doesn't even have a prototype.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's an example of a category of videos called ASMR or autonomous sensory meridian response. It's very pseudo-scientific and is mainly about sights and sounds that trigger your senses. Loads of them are posted on TikTok and are largely meaningless. Certainly not intended as any sort of car review or for accurate information!
Really, just when I was getting excited about the exposed manual gear linkage, the visible supercharger throttle action and throaty V6 rasp in Sport mode. Well that’s just KEF.
Do we have an Emira ASMR Edition or not?