What to try on your new KEF audio....?

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Initially probably a bit of classic 90s dance! 😅 Only because it really stretches the range low-mid-high
Same here, 90s-modern house music :)
Also I have found Nina Simone - Sinner Man is a great way to find clarity and a good range.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Same here, 90s-modern house music :)
Also I have found Nina Simone - Sinner Man is a great way to find clarity and a good range.
Good shout. I like all music and look fwd to testing it all. But a good banging dance tune with some classical strings in the middle and a sampled opera singer seems to test the range nicely 🤣

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
House man here. My tune of the week is this…

17854EC6-A1D0-4854-BAE0-8D785FE50D7F.jpeg

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not sure about 'hi-fi' - any installation in a car is going to be severely compromised - but Leftism (Leftfield) definitely rates as a fantastic driving album. Also love Visions (Jakatta) and Behind the Sun and Chicane Chilled (Chicane) for a more chilled feel. I don't drive to aggressive music (but do have plenty of metal in my collection).

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Not sure about 'hi-fi' - any installation in a car is going to be severely compromised - but Leftism (Leftfield) definitely rates as a fantastic driving album. Also love Visions (Jakatta) and Behind the Sun and Chicane Chilled (Chicane) for a more chilled feel. I don't drive to aggressive music (but do have plenty of metal in my collection).
I'll be looking those up. Just remembered for long night drives a bit of vintage Tangerine Dream is hard to beat, White Eagle and Hyperborea being my two go-to albums - you have to watch you don't slip into a trance though!

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
A little different that most of you guys, but pretty much anything from NIN's Pretty Hate Machine, The Downward Spiral, and The Fragile albums, but specifically this...

And 5:08 on, specifically for that epic harmonizing guitar solo...

And some "classic" Pumpkins! Nothing like some psychedelic distorted guitars and whiny vocals to really showoff your new high end audio system. ;)

But in all seriousness... Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness has some superb variety and range:

Some interesting stuff there -always healthy and productive to explore outside your normal bounds.

Presume you've seen the old Melon Collie gag before?
melon collie.jpg

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Classic driving tune from back in the day, and quite appropriate if you take delivery of your car in summer => The Heat is On by Glenn Frey

Some of my other choices would be:
Hotel California (1994 version) by Eagles
(should test the low end. Most of their Hell Freezes Over album is enjoyable)
Any track from the Joshua Tree album by U2 (unfortunately its mastering was not that good)
Madness by Muse
One by Metallica (Lars U's double peddling. Basically any track from their Black album)
Highway Star by Deep Purple (plus most other tracks from their Machine Head album)
Closer by Nine Inch Nails (WARNING: explicit lyrics)
...too numerous to name, but some good Blues guitar (e.g. Stevie Ray Vaughan, Gary Moore, etc.) also make the drive rather special.

Question: who here has music playing when they are going for a spirited drive (i.e. really on it)?
I tend not to, only when cruising on a motorway or touring.
The Heat is on - Beverly Hills Cop - Epic!!!

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yup, a genuinely innovative and unique sound in its day and it still sounds fresh. I'm going to see them again live in Princes Street Gardens in August. They were brilliant at the Hydro in April.
Saw that advertised - I may be too late already!

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing - I like it! Getting a Bjork/Moloko vibe off that- very nice...
Pleasure. I’ve developed a nice memory association between their new album & my recent visit to Hethel. Impressive stuff from 2 kids in a Norfolk bedroom 👏

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Im very interested to hear the sound in the emira and from the speakers too. hah.
Recently, I had a Honda e, and before you scoff, it has for me an abolutely amazing sound... and you have a HDMI connection for watching netflix etc:

"Honda e Advance receives an upgraded 376-watt premium audio system, with an external amp, 75-watt subwoofer located under the rear seat, and 45-watt centre speaker added as one of eight speakers for additional sound depth."
if the EMira's system gets close to this, I will be happy..... shame I cant watch netflix while Im filling up with 130 euors of fuel though.. hah