What to try on your new KEF audio....?

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I reckon I'll test out my sound system and get it equalised using this song as a base

Archspire - Drone Corpse Aviator

Definitely not a popular choice, but the album it is on is my most listened to this year, and if I can tune it to pick out all the individual instruments and hear it clearly rather than just a cacophony of unintelligible noise, then that's a win to me!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Im very interested to hear the sound in the emira and from the speakers too. hah.
Recently, I had a Honda e, and before you scoff, it has for me an abolutely amazing sound... and you have a HDMI connection for watching netflix etc:

"Honda e Advance receives an upgraded 376-watt premium audio system, with an external amp, 75-watt subwoofer located under the rear seat, and 45-watt centre speaker added as one of eight speakers for additional sound depth."
if the EMira's system gets close to this, I will be happy..... shame I cant watch netflix while Im filling up with 130 euors of fuel though.. hah
I do love the Honda E 😇😃

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I do love the Honda E 😇😃
me too.. if the battery was just aother 50 miles bigger...i may have kept it.. one of my fav cars..super turning circle.... cameras..seats...display... music... best car they made, porsche type quality if not better!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
me too.. if the battery was just aother 50 miles bigger...i may have kept it.. one of my fav cars..super turning circle.... cameras..seats...display... music... best car they made, porsche type quality if not better!
I think that's the crux of it unfortunately 😕

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
And probably the best...

65CAB25E-0CFD-434B-9AB0-EFE30BD8DA49.gif
65CAB25E-0CFD-434B-9AB0-EFE30BD8DA49.gif

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It's always interesting to see what people listen to and like. Almost like a window into their soul; who they really are inside behind the image we see on the outside.

I've been listening to different music styles for 7 decades now. My parents listened to big band and the rock and roll of the 50's on the radio. I remember sitting in front of the TV and watching the Beatles appearing on the Ed Sullivan show in 1964. I was a huge Beatles fan, but also loved Simon and Garfunkel. Later in that decade got into the Doors, Moody Blues, and totally into Yes. Loved Boston and the Eagles going into the 70's, but by the end of the 70's and into the 80's I was into electronic music. I was into Vangelis, Andreas Vollenweider, and those types of sounds.

By the 90's, I was surprisingly not that much into music in that decade. I was working long hours 7 days a week in my graphics design business, although I do recall having melodic New Age stuff playing on the radio in the shop at the time.

In the early 2000's I started listening to the old stuff again, Beatles, Peter Frampton, Eagles, Credence Clearwater, Aerosmith, Journey, even some ABBA. Then from 2010 on, my tastes changed quite a bit.

I was never huge on formal classical music, although I did listen to certain composers; DeBussy, Tchaikovsky, Strauss. However in the last decade through the power of personal computers and the newer software, I started creating my own music. I now listen to mostly orchestral sounds (not classical music, but classical instruments), and create things that are melodic, instrumental, and thoughtful more than just loud and exciting. I like some of the stuff Hans Zimmer does. Virtually everything I listen to now is instrumental; I rarely listen to anything with vocals, not that I'm against vocals, just that I don't want the distraction of lyrics.

I find that often some of the music I like the best is found in video game soundtracks, and movie soundtracks as opposed to pop or songs created to be presented on their own. The background music of some video games is really good, as well as movie or even some tv show soundtracks. I liked the music for the first season of Stranger Things for example, and the soundtrack for the movie Chariots of Fire. The video game Elder Scrolls has some really nice music.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the KEF system sounds, although I usually don't have the sound system on when I'm driving for the express purpose of driving. I like to hear the sounds of the car.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
It's always interesting to see what people listen to and like. Almost like a window into their soul; who they really are inside behind the image we see on the outside.

I've been listening to different music styles for 7 decades now. My parents listened to big band and the rock and roll of the 50's on the radio. I remember sitting in front of the TV and watching the Beatles appearing on the Ed Sullivan show in 1964. I was a huge Beatles fan, but also loved Simon and Garfunkel. Later in that decade got into the Doors, Moody Blues, and totally into Yes. Loved Boston and the Eagles going into the 70's, but by the end of the 70's and into the 80's I was into electronic music. I was into Vangelis, Andreas Vollenweider, and those types of sounds.

By the 90's, I was surprisingly not that much into music in that decade. I was working long hours 7 days a week in my graphics design business, although I do recall having melodic New Age stuff playing on the radio in the shop at the time.

In the early 2000's I started listening to the old stuff again, Beatles, Peter Frampton, Eagles, Credence Clearwater, Aerosmith, Journey, even some ABBA. Then from 2010 on, my tastes changed quite a bit.

I was never huge on formal classical music, although I did listen to certain composers; DeBussy, Tchaikovsky, Strauss. However in the last decade through the power of personal computers and the newer software, I started creating my own music. I now listen to mostly orchestral sounds (not classical music, but classical instruments), and create things that are melodic, instrumental, and thoughtful more than just loud and exciting. I like some of the stuff Hans Zimmer does. Virtually everything I listen to now is instrumental; I rarely listen to anything with vocals, not that I'm against vocals, just that I don't want the distraction of lyrics.

I find that often some of the music I like the best is found in video game soundtracks, and movie soundtracks as opposed to pop or songs created to be presented on their own. The background music of some video games is really good, as well as movie or even some tv show soundtracks. I liked the music for the first season of Stranger Things for example, and the soundtrack for the movie Chariots of Fire. The video game Elder Scrolls has some really nice music.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the KEF system sounds, although I usually don't have the sound system on when I'm driving for the express purpose of driving. I like to hear the sounds of the car.

Trent Reznor of NIN fame has gone on to score quite a few movies and even scored the PC game Quake in '96.

What are some video game soundtracks that you enjoy?

As far as melodic music with minimal lyrics... There is a lot I enjoy as well, but this track by Ulrich Schnauss holds a special place in my heart. Years ago I flew out to Oregon on a solo adventure and had this album playing in my headphones as I hiked along the coast. It always brings me peace.

*fun fact.. I almost bought a Jag E Type on a whim while on the same trip.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Trent Reznor of NIN fame has gone on to score quite a few movies and even scored the PC game Quake in '96.

What are some video game soundtracks that you enjoy?

As far as melodic music with minimal lyrics... There is a lot I enjoy as well, but this track by Ulrich Schnauss holds a special place in my heart. Years ago I flew out to Oregon on a solo adventure and had this album playing in my headphones as I hiked along the coast. It always brings me peace.

*fun fact.. I almost bought a Jag E Type on a whim while on the same trip.

That's a really nice piece of music! Thanks for that one.

As for video game soundtracks, I liked the original MYST soundtrack, Two Worlds and the sequel Pirates of the Flying Fortress, Morrowind, some of Witcher 3, and the theme to Final Fantasy XIV are the ones that immediately come to mind. Reznor did the soundtrack to Silent Hill which had a lot to do with how impactful that game was.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a really nice piece of music! Thanks for that one.

As for video game soundtracks, I liked the original MYST soundtrack, Two Worlds and the sequel Pirates of the Flying Fortress, Morrowind, some of Witcher 3, and the theme to Final Fantasy XIV are the ones that immediately come to mind. Reznor did the soundtrack to Silent Hill which had a lot to do with how impactful that game was.

Final Fantasy came to mind too. The music in the FFVII remake was fantastic.. I believe they won an award for it. I'll have to put some more thought into this as I've played a ton of games over the years. There is a game series called Ori on Xbox that was absolutely beautiful and also has a really relaxing and magical soundtrack too.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Final Fantasy came to mind too. The music in the FFVII remake was fantastic.. I believe they won an award for it. I'll have to put some more thought into this as I've played a ton of games over the years. There is a game series called Ori on Xbox that was absolutely beautiful and also has a really relaxing and magical soundtrack too.

Oh that's another good one. It's surprising how many games have these really great soundtracks. I think they're able to do that because they don't have to sell on the popular market as stand-alone music, so the artists can make money as part of the game project. A lot of these composers are big name cinematic composers too. Games nowadays have gotten so big and complex, that they're pretty much like motion pictures except you're a participant instead of just an observer. I don't know if you played Elden Ring, but that was incredible.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Oh that's another good one. It's surprising how many games have these really great soundtracks. I think they're able to do that because they don't have to sell on the popular market as stand-alone music, so the artists can make money as part of the game project. A lot of these composers are big name cinematic composers too. Games nowadays have gotten so big and complex, that they're pretty much like motion pictures except you're a participant instead of just an observer. I don't know if you played Elden Ring, but that was incredible.
Sounds like you are PlayStation (i am now) but HALO on Xbox.... when you loaded that up and heard the music.... 🥰🤩

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Sounds like you are PlayStation (i am now) but HALO on Xbox.... when you loaded that up and heard the music.... 🥰🤩
Yes, I have a Playstation 5. People know the graphics have greatly improved, but what I don't think is so often mentioned is how much better the sound is. I got the Sony 3D spatial audio PS5 headphones, and it's like being in another world. Elden Ring was incredible. For $99 the sound quality was better than I was expecting it to be. I usually listen to music on a high end pair of headphones, Meze Empyreans, so I wasn't expecting all that much from the Sony's but for a video game, they're actually pretty darned good!

Gran Turismo 7 looks and sounds great. I just wish they had Lotus. I'm also playing Black Desert Online right now. It's only the PS4 version but it still looks pretty good. They said they're working on the PS5 version but haven't said when it would be available. Not anytime soon I'm guessing.

SteveB

Reaction score
The Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You
Heard it today for the first time in ages and reminded me what a great driving song it is. Very appropriate opening line for first drive in an Emira. How many watts does the Keff audio system produce?!!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
The Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You
Heard it today for the first time in ages and reminded me what a great driving song it is. Very appropriate opening line for first drive in an Emira. How many watts does the Keff audio system produce?!!

KEF system is 340w! The base audio system will be 128w.

speaker-placement.png