What other “raw” cars have you owned ?

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This clio was raw because it was a tin can (not a photo of the actual car)

F5DCCC22-7556-4827-8C72-5F3A791078A6.jpeg
FE779AA9-097E-4910-9CE3-417C34AFAD65.jpeg

I lived in London for years and cycled everywhere but hired some fun cars when I could

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Well if we are going to show off on this post, then at least do it with a video!! haha. This is my rawest car... maybe. I have a better video somewhere, will look it out.

Also they are my vineyards, roads, estate, whole local region in southern france, which of course I have shares in....France I mean, and even the drone is mine... haha. At least one of those is a lie..

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
found it.
Now you may look like a bit of a plonker driving it, but for me, as a weekend car, you can keep your lotus, ferrari, porsche, caterham / westfield (well maybe now I am exaggerating), this is the most fun and for me the coolest car made over the last 10 years, but to each their own. Its a car without reason or purpose....

Bloody brexit made it impossible to insure it outside the uk, so I had to sell all the *hundreds of cars I had at the time, it also ruined many Uk manufacturers of car parts businesses... but well, we wont turn this political with realities.

Castano

Reaction score
Well if we are going to show off on this post, then at least do it with a video!! haha. This is my rawest car... maybe. I have a better video somewhere, will look it out.

Also they are my vineyards, roads, estate, whole local region in southern france, which of course I have shares in....France I mean, and even the drone is mine... haha. At least one of those is a lie..

Very cool

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The missus has an early Mk 1 MX5 which was pretty raw.
Myself, had a stripped out 968 Sport.

However, the best car for feel of all was my beloved integrale.
Alas, i sold it before the price rises but what an amazing car.
Had some mad, mad reactions to it.

I still have a picture of it in front of me :D

I am hoping that the Emira will actually be the first car since that will make me fall in love, always look back when leaving it, and just parking it up and staring at it.

Not my actual one but identical:
1993_Lancia_DeltaHFIntegraleEvoluzioneII1.jpg

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

AMAZING!!! Love it!!!
I considered a Nomad (would still love one). You have to be a bit of a massachist to have one in the UK though #weather
In fact I think I recall seeing yours for sale and considered buying it then! Thought it was a nice spec and would have been a great road trip back home :)

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
AMAZING!!! Love it!!!
I considered a Nomad (would still love one). You have to be a bit of a massachist to have one in the UK though #weather
In fact I think I recall seeing yours for sale and considered buying it then! Thought it was a nice spec and would have been a great road trip back home :)
yeh, well its not great on the highway/mortorway.... but apart from that. Weather is all about clothes haha, ive seen them out in the snow.
now there is a car that theoretically does a very fast 0-60 but I never could... but put it in to 2nd and along side a ferrari while moving through a toll gate and you will take it on and virtually anything..thats fun :). Also, they dont jump people up the queue for who they are, waiting lists are for waiting... doesnt matter if you buy 2 3 4 8, hence not like porsche which is tiring.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Pretty amazing collections…

I can’t help but think the Emira would make a great addition, not replacement, to the vast majority of the calibre of cars on display.

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
whats your opinion of it in various aspects, handling, thrills, reliability, comfort etc... ? looks very nice
Thank you for your compliment.....
The Esprit has no power steering.......ough..... but when the Turbo came in it was fantastic.....only 2,2 ltr 4 cyl. and 264 bhp / 280 peak bhp for 30 sec.......but 0-100kmh in 5,0 sec. was terrific in the 90's.......faster than the Ferrari Testarossa and 0.4 sec faster than the flat six 330bhp Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3 coupe.
Kerb weight 1305 kg versus Porsche 911 Turbo 1458 kg.
The road holding and curve balance was phenomenal for that time (and now); brakes were a weak point.
Besides one blown turbo when dueling with another sports car I never had serious problems, low (mostly self-) maintenance costs........grand total € 4000 to € 5.000 for 28 years incl. revised turbo installed by Lotus dealer..
With my 6ft5in length entering was quite a procedure ....you have to adjust to the car, not reverse.
From 1993 to 2021 I was very, very happy with my Esprit.
However already 78 years old I wanted to make a final step to a new Lotus.....with tears in my eyes I said goodbye and traded in my beloved lady in 2021 against the last in the Netherlands available (dark grey) Evora GT 410 Sport IPS; the first automatic in my life with which I am very, very happy.
BTW there are only 3 Evora GT 410 Sport in the Netherlands
I am very, very happy with the GT, did not regret it for one second since then.
It is a huge step forward compared with the classic Esprit, faster etc. etc. roomier, more comfortable.
I could not keep the Esprit when purchasing the Evora because I can garage only one car and a 1975 Honda Goldwing GL1000 K1 motorbike.
Besides I have to keep running a 2013 Mazda 2 GT-M and a 2009 new purchased Mazda Rotary RX-8 Renesis HP.
I preferred to test drive and purchase the last available Evora immediately in stead of waiting one/two years fot the Emira.....I got an attractive price.......I did prefer the rawness of the Evora GT over the elegance of the Emira.

170979506_157389386186605_966170398120474954_n.jpg
IMG_20220207_153110 (2).jpg
WP_20160623_13_59_40_Pro.jpg
IMG_20150927_170835.jpg

Last edited: