What if ... BMW engine in an Emira

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If Lotus had somehow managed to put a BMW B58 into the Emira it would have been sick. The capabilities of that engine are remarkable and I LOVE how it sounds in my F30 with the M performance exhaust. 500WHP+ is fairly easy with just a few bolt-on mods and a couple thousand bucks.

That said, the Emira also sounds amazing IMO and has a different character. I do wish it had more tuning options but it is what it is. The Supra will never have anything on the Emira in the looks and 'special' department.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If Lotus had somehow managed to put a BMW B58 into the Emira it would have been sick. The capabilities of that engine are remarkable and I LOVE how it sounds in my F30 with the M performance exhaust. 500WHP+ is fairly easy with just a few bolt-on mods and a couple thousand bucks.

That said, the Emira also sounds amazing IMO and has a different character. I do wish it had more tuning options but it is what it is. The Supra will never have anything on the Emira in the looks and 'special' department.

The B58 certainly sounds far better than the S55 in my F82 with MPE, that thing sounds like a metal trash can rolling down the street.

OP
K_Squared

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The B58 certainly sounds far better than the S55 in my F82 with MPE, that thing sounds like a metal trash can rolling down the street.
I have gotten comments from several friends with more expensive vehicles with much bigger engines (BMW 650i, AMG S63) that said my comparatively humble 340i ZHP sounds significantly better than theirs. Engine/exhaust note is honestly the single biggest factor why I'm not a fan at all of EVs. Even if you can go 0-60 in less than 3 seconds in a Model S, it's still just...quiet. In the real world, that == boring.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I didn’t like the sound of the S55 in my F87 either. I went with equal length midpipes, ditched the secondary cats and resonators. Totally different experience! You might give it a try!

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Haven't heard one but six cylinder plus turbo combo doesn't seem to have a great sound in general.

OP
K_Squared

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Haven't heard one but six cylinder plus turbo combo doesn't seem to have a great sound in general.
I know this has gone way off topic but IMO this sound is epic:

Note: if you're not a fan of gunshots and burbles you can tune those out.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Second this. I think the B58 will go down as one of the greats. Simply phenomenal engine around town.