• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Verification of ID and payment to Lotus UK via Stripe

MRL

Reaction score
Real quick one - I completed check out on my Emira about a month ago and all had been quiet until I received an email for Stripe Verification today
It's an external site and other than the Lotus logo, there's not much to show it's a legit request for photo ID, address docs etc.

I've been on hold to Lotus customer service for about 2 hours and still haven't reached anyone so I thought I'd ask here to see if it's a normal part of the process so I can get it completed and hopefully see a car soon

Thanks
Mark

///M

Reaction score
Real quick one - I completed check out on my Emira about a month ago and all had been quiet until I received an email for Stripe Verification today
It's an external site and other than the Lotus logo, there's not much to show it's a legit request for photo ID, address docs etc.

I've been on hold to Lotus customer service for about 2 hours and still haven't reached anyone so I thought I'd ask here to see if it's a normal part of the process so I can get it completed and hopefully see a car soon

Thanks
Mark
Yes all part of checkout ,l was told by CC to expect this email

OP
M

MRL

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I've now completed that so another step closer.

It would make sense for Lotus CC to let people know to expect it as the email doesn't come from a Lotus email address and the link asks for the document uploads without showing any info about you as a customer or your order.

centerpunch

Reaction score
I assume "stripe verification" is a common UK term? What does it mean?

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Stripe are the payment provider Lotus use to process the final payments etc. And they also use them to do the identity verification just before you do final payment. The official email looks like below (or at least it did for me when I did it)

1679517777494.png

Peeltone

Reaction score
That’s normal the next challenge you will face if like me paying cash or I imagine a deposit is that lotus issue with a stripe account which is “unique to you” to pay the deposit or balance. That got my bank quite wound up I spent a lot of time on the phone to them this week to clear payments which were held for fraud checks. Have you seen the car, what’s the reg number etc etc they didn’t quite get pay lotus and pickup from dealer. Anyway got there in the end.

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That’s normal the next challenge you will face if like me paying cash or I imagine a deposit is that lotus issue with a stripe account which is “unique to you” to pay the deposit or balance. That got my bank quite wound up I spent a lot of time on the phone to them this week to clear payments which were held for fraud checks. Have you seen the car, what’s the reg number etc etc they didn’t quite get pay lotus and pickup from dealer. Anyway got there in the end.
Can you pay the whole balance in one go? Or do Stripe have an upper payment limit? I appreciate you are limited by what you can pay online from your bank, but my bank (Lloyds) allow transfers of up to £250K in branch, but that is no help if the receiving account has a limit.

Peeltone

Reaction score
Can you pay the whole balance in one go? Or do Stripe have an upper payment limit? I appreciate you are limited by what you can pay online from your bank, but my bank (Lloyds) allow transfers of up to £250K in branch, but that is no help if the receiving account has a limit.
Depends on bank limits. I had to pay two payments for my bank (all online).and one was “stopped” . When they both went through I got email from lotus saying invoice paid and Nik who was the lotus Retail guy I was dealing with confirmed all done.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I sent through £5 and then called LCC to confirm they had received it. After that it was easier for the bank to make the big payments. I had to do it in two chunks, not because my bank had an issue but there was some limit at Lotus end.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anyone done it via Debit Card instead of online ?