V6 pricing?

Cljxc50

Reaction score
I don`t get it, we read everywhere that the 4 pot AMG is the most technically advanced and most powerful four cylinder engine available at the moment so i would assume it would be quite expensive to produce especially as they are hand built, couple this to a DCT gearbox again an other expensive option,
Yet we are hearing that the Toyota V6 manual is likely to be £10K-£15k more surely it should be the other way around?
With future higher output (more expensive) Emira models expected using the AMG platform and the easily available hike in power via a remap could Lotus be missing a trick? everybody could buy a entry model AMG engine and get it tuned leaving the more expensive models in the showroom going the same way as the Evora.

Agreed, Lotus need to clarify all this ASAP really as most details on website and press releases state sub £60k price range, and we know that in first edition the only engine available will be V6 so a lot of people have paid deposits based on this information so if it suddenly increases by £10-£15k it is not going to go well

lol, I haven't been able to figure out what the base model motor will be either. Hopefully we'll get that information soon.

The price for the AMG and DCT engine shouldn’t be much cheaper than the supercharged Toyota V6 and manual. The only way I see the V6 being significantly more than the base AMG engine is if there are some extra standard features that come with the V6.

Pricing is going to be very important for the success of the Emira. With Lotus using past technology and a new manufacturing facility costs should be reasonable.

I’m going to predict the prices should range from about the Porsche 718T for the base model to the Porsche 718 GTS for the First Edition. Lotus would be foolish to price it in line with the GT4 as that should be the future higher performance Emira.

Agreed, Lotus need to clarify all this ASAP really as most details on website and press releases state sub £60k price range, and we know that in first edition the only engine available will be V6 so a lot of people have paid deposits based on this information so if it suddenly increases by £10-£15k it is not going to go well
Well i have just had an email today from Bell and Covil stating that the starting price of the V6 will be around £75k.
i guess by the time you add a decent spec it will top out a lot more.
What a shame i would be happy to pay around 70K for a decent v6 manual but if its going to be £80k + i may have to think again :(

Tudor Black Bay = AMG
Rolex Submariner = V6
Agree its a shame though, as it leaves a bit of a bitter taste as a prospective V6 buyer...

Back