• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

V6 manual or I4 DCT?

OP
EmiraFan

EmiraFan

Reaction score
My only dilemma is time , we will be looking at end of 2022 start of 2023 before getting a i4 I don’t think I can wait that long so going to have a go at a auto v6 instead 👌🏽
US pricing will be out Oct 1. Hopefully, the wait for I4 DCT won’t be beyond Q4 2022. Otherwise, I’m going for the V6 Manual

OP
EmiraFan

EmiraFan

Reaction score
I have a daily as a manual so I get my fix. I wavered toward an Auto V6, but now I am back on V6 manual. The clincher for me is the position of that stick. When I watched the Jenson Button video with him shifting gears it just seems as though the stick is just right there. That seems like it's gonna be a lot fun. Hopefully my dealer with have the manual during the tour so I can confirm this! I know a lot of you may have had or have a stick like this but it just seems that this car, with the handling and the video game like placement of the stick will be too much fun. I like to shift a lot when I drive.
It was fun to watch Jenson have a go at it with the stick shift car

EM12AAM

Reaction score
The stick position is higher than in a typical manual. The way the stick falls closer to your hand is more like a sequential shift on a race car or manual on some supercars. If you’ve driven an Esprit you might see the similarity.
I think it’s a lot closer to the steering wheel than on an Esprit tbh… unless Jenson has huge hands…