V6 FE's available for immediate delivery

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
These are obviously cars that are cancelled by the original order customers. And the specifications do not fit spot on with other cars on backorder.

At least it sounds like a good opportunity for someone who can be matched with a car that has an agreeable specification.
Surely they must match an existing UK order?

There are not 'that' many combinations in the first place.

Can't be that hard to run the config through their system.

And if they can't be matched, then that makes them very rare.

Perhaps they are horrible configs - but that can't be the case - I can't configure a horrible one if I try.

Incidentally - these 'orphaned' cars have been available from day one - I was offered one immediately after my test drive 6 months ago...

I don't understand why they exist though, as you surely legally 'commit' before they actually build yours? How do you cancel after it's been built?

Very confusing!

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Surely they must match an existing UK order?

There are not 'that' many combinations in the first place.

Can't be that hard to run the config through their system.

And if they can't be matched, then that makes them very rare.

Perhaps they are horrible configs - but that can't be the case - I can't configure a horrible one if I try.

Incidentally - these 'orphaned' cars have been available from day one - I was offered one immediately after my test drive 6 months ago...

I don't understand why they exist though, as you surely legally 'commit' before they actually build yours? How do you cancel after it's been built?

Very confusing!
Well I don't know, Hethel Yellow with red interior is a bold choice!

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well I don't know, Hethel Yellow with red interior is a bold choice!
Ha ha - I hadn't thought of that - my brain wouldn't let me! (I'd get yourself checked out... 😂)

morphious

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ha ha - I hadn't thought of that - my brain wouldn't let me! (I'd get yourself checked out... 😂)
Bold maybe, but I believe someone on this forum has that color combo and I thought it actually looked really good. I went with black interior as I don't really like colors on the inside but I did go with red calipers on my HY.

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Bold maybe, but I believe someone on this forum has that color combo and I thought it actually looked really good. I went with black interior as I don't really like colors on the inside but I did go with red calipers on my HY.
Always gonna offend somebody 😂 - I suppose red seats and red calipers on a HY would look pretty cool now you mention it.

But it's all personal choice - I'm so close to going Hethel Yellow I can't tell you - but I've spent 18 months wanting Seneca and now I can't decide (hence my avatar - which has nothing to do with Ukraine!).

I personally however, couldn't live with the red interior.

How do you find the Yellow - liveable?

morphious

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Always gonna offend somebody 😂 - I suppose red seats and red calipers on a HY would look pretty cool now you mention it.

But it's all personal choice - I'm so close to going Hethel Yellow I can't tell you - but I've spent 18 months wanting Seneca and now I can't decide (hence my avatar - which has nothing to do with Ukraine!).

I am in the US so no car yet. I had a Competition Yellow (similar color) Corvette with black interior years ago and loved it, so I am sure the combo will be no different on this.

Last edited:

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Always gonna offend somebody 😂

Well I sir am offended ;) (not really)

I came from 180 degree different position. I wanted the red leather interior (always wanted a car with red interior since I was a kid) and have had an impossible time trying to figure out if any of the colors will look good with it. Finally settled on Mist White, Black Top, and Red Leather Interior... couldn't live without it :)

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well I sir am offended ;) (not really)

I came from 180 degree different position. I wanted the red leather interior (always wanted a car with red interior since I was a kid) and have had an impossible time trying to figure out if any of the colors will look good with it. Finally settled on Mist White, Black Top, and Red Leather Interior... couldn't live without it :)

I've concluded they all look 💩🔥 to be honest. Which is why I said I can't configure a bad one.

That'll be just beautiful!

I stand corrected... 😉

Attachments

• ew.JPG
    ew.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 64

M100man

Reaction score
That’s mine. It looks absolutely amazing! Hethel yellow red interior and red calipers!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In the UK you only contractually commit at Checkout, which is about 30 days before delivery. At that point the car has usually been built or is in production.

Hence there are a lot of orphaned cars as people are cancelling when asked to sign the contract.

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In the UK you only contractually commit at Checkout, which is about 30 days before delivery. At that point the car has usually been built or is in production.

Hence there are a lot of orphaned cars as people are cancelling when asked to sign the contract.

Ahh - makes sense.

Not from their point of view though - think they'd lock you in before build...

Gizmo750

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Love my Hethel Yellow and using it as a daily driver - just don't get yellow if you are a bit shy or don't like people - I can't stop it anywhere without people coming up to me and asking about it.

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Love my Hethel Yellow and using it as a daily driver - just don't get yellow if you are a bit shy or don't like people - I can't stop it anywhere without people coming up to me and asking about it.
I'm definitely not shy - love being asked about my car - it's more my wife's and daughters' reluctance to the yellow.

But what do they know... 😂

Reactions: ADC

Lazaruos

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This will undoubtedly get some deposit holders blood boiling!! What are you going to do... or do you have yours already or one on order?
indeed .. specially if they delay the i4 orders more they promised me q3 or q4 2023 but if they shift that to q1 2024 with that instant delivery for v6 that's actually blood boiling

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm definitely not shy - love being asked about my car - it's more my wife's and daughters' reluctance to the yellow.

But what do they know... 😂
same here - Ignore them!!!

Biggles of Norwich

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How many car are on the road in the UK?
Loads of cancelled orders for sale plus 45 on auto trader?.
Seems odd as all fe cars are essentially the same but colour.
No they are not. There is a choice (some at extra money) of seat material and colour, caliper colour, black pack, privacy glass, home link, tracker, wheels, steering wheel. I've just bought one, so been through all the options.