• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

They will only say "we will give you two weeks notice." I've explained it is a 650 mile trip that I need to plan around and with other obligations, but that is still all they will say. Thanks for asking.
I'd be happy to pick your car up and put the required break in miles on it for you!

Getting soooooooo close now. Car just arrived at the dealership today! Manager sent me this pic. They said they'll need about a week to complete all their pre-delivery checks, which works great for me as I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow.

Wow, the end is in sight!

1,038 days since deposit, or 2 years, 10 months, and 3 days

processed-21969890-2425-4BC0-9F4A-C45D9C49D81E.jpeg

Finally picked up my carr from PPF shop and got to dive into her (BTW full PPF $7175 at One-of-One in San Diego). Loving Nimbus and red leather (considering both were ordered sight unseen). Happy w my selection of Touring considering my test drive was only Sport. Put 80 miles on yesterday and my left foot and leg are aching.from that heavy clutch (labor of love). Shifter is better than I expected/remembered. Find myself downshifting into 2nd before 1st just to give it a little love. No satellite radio? That was a surprise/disappointment. And do the headlights not automatically switch from low to highbeams?? I did opt to tuck that little siliicone barrier between the leather and the rough plastic - works great. (Here is link. https://a.co/d/jaXdKDU)
But the looks! Really pictures dont do justice. Im getting my exercise in just from all the laps Ive taken walking around it over and over. I absolutely love it - to me best looking car Ive ever owned and maybe ever even seen. Couldn't be happier.

View attachment 43636View attachment 43637
Congrats @Balboa looking GREAT! You're probably busy driving, but in your spare time, would you give us some more info on your experience with your PPF install and the shop you used, the good, bad, and any ugly? Full sheet, template, oversized, fully wrapped? How the "fiddlely" bits were handled like around the badges/letters (removed/cut around) and the intakes, etc?

Getting soooooooo close now. Car just arrived at the dealership today! Manager sent me this pic. They said they'll need about a week to complete all their pre-delivery checks, which works great for me as I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow.

Wow, the end is in sight!

1,038 days since deposit, or 2 years, 10 months, and 3 days

View attachment 43655
Oh wow so the gloss black wheels doesn't look too bad on the full yellow, non black pack car. I was thinking I might regret not getting the full silver or diamond cut wheels after seeing some on other's yellow cars at my dealer.

Congrats @Balboa looking GREAT! You're probably busy driving, but in your spare time, would you give us some more info on your experience with your PPF install and the shop you used, the good, bad, and any ugly? Full sheet, template, oversized, fully wrapped? How the "fiddlely" bits were handled like around the badges/letters (removed/cut around) and the intakes, etc?
One-of-One in San Diego (They wrapped my F-Type in 2015 and it still looks great). High end shop - always Ferraris and Mclarens etc. Took all letters and emblems off. Most everything is wrapped under whereever they can. They said trickiest part was the bottom front splitter. They do a hybrid approach of template and custom. The side airvents were tricky. I just noticed there's this little cutout triangle they had to leave bare which i was disappointed to find cuz I really want the COVERED - like sunscreen on a baby. Also noticed the mirrors are like only half or 3/4 covered so Im going back to them on that. Not sure if I'll get an answer on the triangle. Very curious if other 'Full-wrappers' will end up w the same or if their installers found a better way to skin the cat. These guys are using Xpel 10 which is a little thicker and harder to install. They also wrapped lots of black parts. Lower BP and front and back. Also arouns engine window and even the black inside the side air vents. Mostly very happy but wont be if other installers found a way to avoid ' the triangle ' (You have to look closely to see it)
1000016427.jpg

One-of-One in San Diego (They wrapped my F-Type in 2015 and it still looks great). High end shop - always Ferraris and Mclarens etc. Took all letters and emblems off. Most everything is wrapped under whereever they can. They said trickiest part was the bottom front splitter. They do a hybrid approach of template and custom. The side airvents were tricky. I just noticed there's this little cutout triangle they had to leave bare which i was disappointed to find cuz I really want the COVERED - like sunscreen on a baby. Also noticed the mirrors are like only half or 3/4 covered so Im going back to them on that. Not sure if I'll get an answer on the triangle. Very curious if other 'Full-wrappers' will end up w the same or if their installers found a better way to skin the cat. These guys are using Xpel 10 which is a little thicker and harder to install. They also wrapped lots of black parts. Lower BP and front and back. Also arouns engine window and even the black inside the side air vents. Mostly very happy but wont be if other installers found a way to avoid ' the triangle ' (You have to look closely to see it)View attachment 43671
what color s this? nimbus?

Sorry if I missed it...what's the silicon strip for? Was something rubbing against your leather seat?