• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Liquid Hot Magma

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What I was quoted in Calgary back in 2022:

$6,995.00 freight , prep, & PDI
$6.25 AMVIC
$895.00 documentation fees
$100.00 AC tax
$20.00 tire taxes
Total: $8,016.25 CAD
Adding another data point This is what the Vancouver dealer is charging:

$695 documentation fee
$4,995 freight
$2,990 PDI dealer prep
Total: $8,680 CAD

Provincial and federal taxes, federal luxury car tax, and I presume the new 6% tariff for imported UK cars(!) extra. 😩

According to this BBC article, the tariff took effect April 1, 2024.

New post-Brexit tariff to apply to UK cars going to Canada

But, I don’t actually know if Lotus is passing along the cost of that tariff. Has anyone who has taken delivery in Canada been charged for this new 6% tariff?

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Still haven't driven my Emira yet. Trailered it to PPF shop Tuesday which was a 'surprise' for PPF shop (dealer had only told me couple days earlier it landed). Popped in today and they are trying to squeeze me in but still have a few cars ahead of mine. I may be looking at another week or LONGER to wait. I have made a few conjugal visits but this is killing me!
1000016159.jpg

Last edited:

3A3968M

Reaction score
IMG_8429.jpeg

Picked up my car from Summit this morning!
A very brisk transaction to sign a couple of pages and off we went :)
There was another customer picking up a magma red with a black pack, black alcantara with red stitch, and silver wheels - a similar spec to my Seneca blue with a black pack, black alcantara w/ yellow stitch, and silver wheels!
A couple of bubbles from the PPF application are curing.
On the way home I had a very strange experience with the A/C - at first it wasn’t blowing any air, then started blowing the cold air on high speed. I lowered the speed and it stopped blowing the air again. Then 20-30 minute into a drive with the driver window open it started to work again, the fan speed was adjusting normally.
Anyway, she is home replacing my M2.

Attachments

• IMG_2828.jpeg
    IMG_2828.jpeg
    313.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2819.jpeg
    IMG_2819.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 41
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Still haven't driven my Emira yet. Trailered it to PPF shop Tuesday which was a 'surprise' for PPF shop (dealer had only told me couple days earlier it landed). Popped in today and they are trying to squeeze me in but still have a few cars ahead of mine. I may be looking at another week or LONGER to wait. I have made a few conjugal visits but this is killing me!View attachment 42802
Arrrgh, that's gotta be frustrating. I'd like to get ahead of this, and actually be able to schedule this stuff to avoid these kinds of waits, but....with NO idea when my car will actually arrive, trying to plan my summer, with lots of obligations and trips upcoming, it seem pretty impossible. Looking forward hearing great stories from you once you're actually out on the road!

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For those of you who have taken delivery of your Emira, please take a few minutes to complete the form on this new thread. TIA!

Have you still not gotten yours? Any updates?

Livinglegend

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I took delivery of mine yesterday at Lotus Montreal. I switched from my Exige S to the Emira back to back.

Strong points :

- The car look in person is just insane. It is a masterpiece art of design.
- The car dont feel like it will fall appart into the bad bad road condition in Montreal. Between I would never have keep my Exige for 17 years if I was living anything near Montreal and maybe not even an Emira at that point.
-The shifter feeling is tighter then my exige. I like it.

Weak points :

-Car feel much slower then my S300.
- The steering is far less communicative then my exige.
-The steering is too tick because of those wheel buttons. Much better race car feel and grip with the little momo steering in the Exige.
-I have wind noise coming from the driver window at the corner triangle where the miroir is. It start to be annoying at 60+mph. I suspect the door alignment because in my miror the door body line dont fit well with the body line that goes to the rear fender. Or it is a rubber window seal.
- I have the ticking noise all the time on the highway back home that seem to be coming from the transmission cable. If I put pressure on shifter the noise is greatly reduced.
- The clutch seem very loose when I drive at low speed lets say 1800-2200 rpm for exemple when I was jam into the traffic and you drive it slowly in second gear. The clutch make a rattle noise like if it was loose. Not pleasant.
- And finally there is another noise into the engine compartment coming from the passenger side that sound like metal screeching. I dont know how to describe it and I will try to make a video for that one.

If I can fix those problem I will love driving the car. Otherwise I will prefer to look at it .

View attachment 42752View attachment 42753View attachment 42754
How much did the dealer charge you in extra fees on top of the 129900?

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
View attachment 42804
There was another customer picking up a magma red with a black pack, black alcantara with red stitch, and silver wheels - a similar spec to my Seneca blue with a black pack, black alcantara w/ yellow stitch, and silver wheels!
On the way home I had a very strange experience with the A/C - at first it wasn’t blowing any air, then started blowing the cold air on high speed. I lowered the speed and it stopped blowing the air again. Then 20-30 minute into a drive with the driver window open it started to work again, the fan speed was adjusting normally.
Congrats on the pickup, that's a beautiful spec!

The AC behavior is classic symptoms of a bad resistor pack… sorry to say.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
View attachment 42804
Looks great! Did you tell your dealer what’s been happening with the AC? If it wasn’t blowing air they def should have caught during the pre delivery inspection

TCB

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Holding the start button is how you start the car, so if holding it for longer does anything, it would be after the car is already started.
Without foot on brake or clutch, hold start button for 5 sec. Next, put in Sport or Track mode. Next, turn on car by holding foot on brake.

3A3968M

Reaction score
Looks great! Did you tell your dealer what’s been happening with the AC? If it wasn’t blowing air they def should have caught during the pre delivery inspection
It happened on the drive back home. I will call them on Monday to see if it can be quickly addressed.

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ok, so the big if true nugget I pulled from this is at the very end, namely when the narrator states that the cars destined for Carb states never left Hethel until Carb was over the line. Is this known fact and I've just been snoozing (quite possibly actually)? Because I'm not sure I've heard that before. If true, it could be interesting to compare if those cars do not have the issues we're associating with the ones that were just sitting around for months (the AC/resistor pack issue, CELs because of low battery, brake pad/rotor issues, etc).

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Without foot on brake or clutch, hold start button for 5 sec. Next, put in Sport or Track mode. Next, turn on car by holding foot on brake.
But do you have to do this every time?

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok, so the big if true nugget I pulled from this is at the very end, namely when the narrator states that the cars destined for Carb states never left Hethel until Carb was over the line. Is this known fact and I've just been snoozing (quite possibly actually)? Because I'm not sure I've heard that before. If true, it could be interesting to compare if those cars do not have the issues we're associating with the ones that were just sitting around for months (the AC/resistor pack issue, CELs because of low battery, brake pad/rotor issues, etc).
I believe that’s the story. In fact it was reported that cars from carb states actually made it over to the us but were sent back to hethel to wait for carb approval given the delays and nowhere to put them. clearly customers in non-carb states are getting their emiras first. CA is just beginning to deliver emiras in the past few weeks- way behind non-carb states.

SONOFEMERY

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Took delivery of my Emira today from Galpin Lotus. Awesome feeling. I was on the waitlist for about 2 years, and am pretty surprised I have it, it seems I'm relatively early to get one in the US. Thanks to this forum and everyone in here for providing some help and entertainment during the wait. If anyone has questions about the purchase experience, dealer stuff, etc, feel free to ask!

Also, surprisingly got given a Lotus jacket as a gift from Galpin. Honestly, pretty impressed. It's super high quality, not like much of the other random Lotus merch.

Terrible photos for now, will get some better ones.

IMG_4221.JPG
IMG_4219.JPG
IMG_4239.JPG
IMG_4218.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4218.JPG
    IMG_4218.JPG
    326.6 KB · Views: 27

ameeriklane

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I believe it. I visited Hethel in mid-January (also I'm the one who broke the story about Emiras gettting CARB -- I filed a FOIA). and the place was packed with Tyvek-wrapped Emiras. The main test track was closed because it was being used for Emira parking. Even parking to visit the factory was a challenge bcause there were Emiras parked _everywhere_ and just to park your car was a challenge.

Sorry, can't show photos to back it up as photos were not allowed.

squish

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
But even so the carb state cars were still sitting around just as long, but at Hethel instead of Baltimore, Michigan, or dealerships.

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If you've taken delivery of your Lotus Emira, please take a minute to complete the tracker (see my signature below). We've got 13 entries and counting and starting to see data slowly emerge...

1714904394644.png