• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1000005094.jpg
1000005095.jpg

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I picked mine up yesterday from the same dealership as well (Lotus of NJ)! What time were you there? I got home after 10pm last night.
I was there at around noon. It was very quick. I was out by about 12:30. Ray and Pete took good care of me. Got my little box of macaroons. Haha.

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was there at around noon. It was very quick. I was out by about 12:30. Ray and Pete took good care of me. Got my little box of macaroons. Haha.
I got there at 2:30- great experience from order to pick up. I was planning on going to Kate’s car and coffee tomorrow, but I see it’s going to rain, so I guess I’ll catch a different Saturday.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I got there at 2:30- great experience from order to pick up. I was planning on going to Kate’s car and coffee tomorrow, but I see it’s going to rain, so I guess I’ll catch a different Saturday.
You mean Katie's? I am gonna go. It's going to be light rain. Something like 0.03 inch per hour. More like a mist. I guess I will see what its like when I get up.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Received a call from my salesman at Lotus of Orange County (Eurocar) this morning (5/3). He said my car (FE 2.0 Osmium/Ice Grey) is through PDI in Baltimore and ready to be shipped to the dealer. The car will depart when 5 more cars are ready to ship (to the same dealer). He said typically 6-7 days to get here once on the road. They will do the dealer PDI and detail the car for delivery. Nova's spreadsheet had my car in NJ on 4/7 so that might give a sense of turnaround time at Baltimore although the whole first in/ last out lottery probably has a lot to do with turnaround times. Original deposit was 7/15/2022. Was 39th or so inline at Eurocar and missed out on their first and second allocations. Was finally offered a 2.0 build which was confirmed on 8/29/2023. Wasn't expecting the car ahead of others in front of me but I put this down to the last in/first out approach to storage at Hethel, shipping and PDI. I certainly haven't been pestering them for updates (that they wouldn't have anyways.) He shared that they have been checking before delivery for HVAC operation/brake discs/pads based on issues mentioned here in the forum and that the first six cars delivered have had no issues thus far (of course, it's been not much more than two weeks). I asked for a quote for full PPF and ceramic on the wheels/brake calipers and fiddly bits that would be difficult to wrap (side and rear vents) and he said he would reach out for a quote. They work with Elite Clear Bra in Huntington Beach and if you just want the front clip they typically come to the dealership to install but if they are going to wrap the whole car they do it in their shop. They appear to use EXPEL. Not sure if they can source STEK but will ask once I have their quote. They will be sending an invoice so I can complete my financing (probably Navy Federal Credit Union) and I told him I was planning for around $117k including freight and sales tax-7.75% here in OC/registration fees and he said that sounded about right to him. Will update if there are any surprises. Have to give Zach credit. He has called whenever he had something useful to share (three times - once to offer the 2.0 build, once to say my car was on a boat and share a VIN and the call this morning with a shipping update). Given the way Lotus seems to operate, I can't ask for more than that.
BTW my car was also delivered on 4/7. Picked up from Zach on Tuesday. Oct 2021 order FE2.0. One of the first 6 they got but certainly not in the first 6 orders placed

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I thought it was done by holding the start button for several seconds as you turn it on.
Holding the start button is how you start the car, so if holding it for longer does anything, it would be after the car is already started.

NoFear99

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I took delivery of mine yesterday at Lotus Montreal. I switched from my Exige S to the Emira back to back.

Strong points :

- The car look in person is just insane. It is a masterpiece art of design.
- The car dont feel like it will fall appart into the bad bad road condition in Montreal. Between I would never have keep my Exige for 17 years if I was living anything near Montreal and maybe not even an Emira at that point.
-The shifter feeling is tighter then my exige. I like it.

Weak points :

-Car feel much slower then my S300.
- The steering is far less communicative then my exige.
-The steering is too tick because of those wheel buttons. Much better race car feel and grip with the little momo steering in the Exige.
-I have wind noise coming from the driver window at the corner triangle where the miroir is. It start to be annoying at 60+mph. I suspect the door alignment because in my miror the door body line dont fit well with the body line that goes to the rear fender. Or it is a rubber window seal.
- I have the ticking noise all the time on the highway back home that seem to be coming from the transmission cable. If I put pressure on shifter the noise is greatly reduced.
- The clutch seem very loose when I drive at low speed lets say 1800-2200 rpm for exemple when I was jam into the traffic and you drive it slowly in second gear. The clutch make a rattle noise like if it was loose. Not pleasant.
- And finally there is another noise into the engine compartment coming from the passenger side that sound like metal screeching. I dont know how to describe it and I will try to make a video for that one.

If I can fix those problem I will love driving the car. Otherwise I will prefer to look at it .

5F44AD74-B850-44D7-84EB-F28186BA3D88.jpeg
3A45D46C-EA59-45B4-BB29-5FA366780BE9.jpeg
8CD06540-3405-4919-B46D-5E25D1267C12.jpeg

Attachments

• E6017E0D-B1F3-40AB-9853-DDEE07BF8C09.jpeg
    E6017E0D-B1F3-40AB-9853-DDEE07BF8C09.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 21

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
- The clutch seem very loose when I drive at low speed lets say 1800-2200 rpm for exemple when I was jam into the traffic and you drive it slowly in second gear. The clutch make a rattle noise like if it was loose. Not pleasant.
Congrats!
I started this thread for that exact 1800rpm sound. Folks are reporting normal gearbox characteristic for this type. Doesn't bother me at all as long as I know it's not unhealthy.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I took delivery of mine yesterday at Lotus Montreal. I switched from my Exige S to the Emira back to back.

Strong points :

- The car look in person is just insane. It is a masterpiece art of design.
- The car dont feel like it will fall appart into the bad bad road condition in Montreal. Between I would never have keep my Exige for 17 years if I was living anything near Montreal and maybe not even an Emira at that point.
-The shifter feeling is tighter then my exige. I like it.

Weak points :

-Car feel much slower then my S300.
- The steering is far less communicative then my exige.
-The steering is too tick because of those wheel buttons. Much better race car feel and grip with the little momo steering in the Exige.
-I have wind noise coming from the driver window at the corner triangle where the miroir is. It start to be annoying at 60+mph. I suspect the door alignment because in my miror the door body line dont fit well with the body line that goes to the rear fender. Or it is a rubber window seal.
- I have the ticking noise all the time on the highway back home that seem to be coming from the transmission cable. If I put pressure on shifter the noise is greatly reduced.
- And finally there is another noise into the engine compartment coming from the passenger side that sound like metal screeching. I dont know how to describe it and I will try to make a video for that one.

If I can fix those problem I will love driving the car. Otherwise I will prefer to look at it .

View attachment 42752View attachment 42753View attachment 42754
Congrats!!! Still waiting for my Seneca any day soon, I know someone else had the drivers side noise issue - sounds very common and it was adjusted at the dealership so seems like a common thing but very fixable.

When I test drove it in Toronto the feeling over potholes etc. blew my mind - ate them up better than my Mercedes and it was sport as well. I was literally thinking about Montreal roads at that time lol.

I think virtually everyone is also having issues with the AC motor eventually as well - may want to see if the dealership can be proactive on that if you’re already taking the car in…

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congrats!
I’m picking up my Seneca Blue from Summit today!
Did you do the PPF?
I have mine PPF’d at the dealer, will report how it looks once I pick it up.
I didn't get PPF. I saw a PPF'd senica blue, might have been your car? 😍 It's the one on the lower left of this photo.

1000008667.jpg

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
For those of you who have taken delivery of your Emira, please take a few minutes to complete the form on this new thread. TIA!

Livinglegend

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Varies by dealer, I don't know freight specific but it sounds like 7Kish total fees for west coast and 5Kish for Toronto...
Humm its 8400 in montreal as of this month.
Someone told me paid 8300 in calgary a month ago
im talking total freight and pdi charges
They can split them in 2 charges on the invoice look carefully at your invoices guysssss

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Humm its 8400 in montreal as of this month.
Someone told me paid 8300 in calgary a month ago
im talking total freight and pdi charges
They can split them in 2 charges on the invoice look carefully at your invoices guysssss
What I was quoted in Calgary back in 2022:

$6,995.00 freight , prep, & PDI
$6.25 AMVIC
$895.00 documentation fees
$100.00 AC tax
$20.00 tire taxes
Total: $8,016.25 CAD

Livinglegend

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What I was quoted in Calgary back in 2022:

$6,995.00 freight , prep, & PDI
$6.25 AMVIC
$895.00 documentation fees
$100.00 AC tax
$20.00 tire taxes
Total: $8,016.25 CAD
documentation fees is bs its pure profit
In mtl right now they detail it as
3400 freight + 5000 freight & pdi
(no documentation fees)

but calgary now its up to 8300 total freight and 'documentation fee'
As someone told me yesterday they picked it up a few weeks ago

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
For those of you who have taken delivery of your Emira, please take a few minutes to complete the form on this new thread. TIA!

already have a few responses, so I added a couple pie charts with a link to the data in this dedicated thread. When someone posts that they've taken delivery, please ask them to kindly complete this form...it only takes a couple minutes.