• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Raskits

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Agreed, it should also be obvious from the sticker. It seems like dealer ignorance
That but really hard to believe something like that can be overlooked by a dealer. What's more likely is a planned tactic to get as much money as possible.

Drambeenie

Reaction score
The Atlantic Sun which arrived on the 1st doesn’t seem to have anything for Lotus.

Hopefully the next ship arriving will

Drambeenie

Reaction score

kertong

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That but really hard to believe something like that can be overlooked by a dealer. What's more likely is a planned tactic to get as much money as possible.
My guess is a FE1.0 cancellation they're trying to backfill with someone in the FE2.0 queue with the same spec, so they can sell the old msrp stock at new FE2.0 msrp.

T6061

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Received a call from my salesman at Lotus of Orange County (Eurocar) this morning (5/3). He said my car (FE 2.0 Osmium/Ice Grey) is through PDI in Baltimore and ready to be shipped to the dealer. The car will depart when 5 more cars are ready to ship (to the same dealer). He said typically 6-7 days to get here once on the road. They will do the dealer PDI and detail the car for delivery. Nova's spreadsheet had my car in NJ on 4/7 so that might give a sense of turnaround time at Baltimore although the whole first in/ last out lottery probably has a lot to do with turnaround times. Original deposit was 7/15/2022. Was 39th or so inline at Eurocar and missed out on their first and second allocations. Was finally offered a 2.0 build which was confirmed on 8/29/2023. Wasn't expecting the car ahead of others in front of me but I put this down to the last in/first out approach to storage at Hethel, shipping and PDI. I certainly haven't been pestering them for updates (that they wouldn't have anyways.) He shared that they have been checking before delivery for HVAC operation/brake discs/pads based on issues mentioned here in the forum and that the first six cars delivered have had no issues thus far (of course, it's been not much more than two weeks). I asked for a quote for full PPF and ceramic on the wheels/brake calipers and fiddly bits that would be difficult to wrap (side and rear vents) and he said he would reach out for a quote. They work with Elite Clear Bra in Huntington Beach and if you just want the front clip they typically come to the dealership to install but if they are going to wrap the whole car they do it in their shop. They appear to use EXPEL. Not sure if they can source STEK but will ask once I have their quote. They will be sending an invoice so I can complete my financing (probably Navy Federal Credit Union) and I told him I was planning for around $117k including freight and sales tax-7.75% here in OC/registration fees and he said that sounded about right to him. Will update if there are any surprises. Have to give Zach credit. He has called whenever he had something useful to share (three times - once to offer the 2.0 build, once to say my car was on a boat and share a VIN and the call this morning with a shipping update). Given the way Lotus seems to operate, I can't ask for more than that.

Lotusdoesit

Reaction score
Went to see my car at Galpin before pre delivery inspection. We noticed serious damage on the roof, likely scraped against something metal during transport. Sales rep said it will be repainted of course. Otherwise the car looked happy, i was worried the other Emiras would pick on her but they all seemed to get along. Spec is Vivid red over tan.
View attachment 42595View attachment 42596View attachment 42597
Hey Nitro I have the same spec ordered with Galpin. How has your experience been to date from sales? Jack and Moe have been the two I have been working and so far so good. I'm sorry this happened what an unwelcomed first impression.

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Received a call from my salesman at Lotus of Orange County (Eurocar) this morning (5/3). He said my car (FE 2.0 Osmium/Ice Grey) is through PDI in Baltimore and ready to be shipped to the dealer. The car will depart when 5 more cars are ready to ship (to the same dealer). He said typically 6-7 days to get here once on the road. They will do the dealer PDI and detail the car for delivery. Nova's spreadsheet had my car in NJ on 4/7 so that might give a sense of turnaround time at Baltimore although the whole first in/ last out lottery probably has a lot to do with turnaround times. Original deposit was 7/15/2022. Was 39th or so inline at Eurocar and missed out on their first and second allocations. Was finally offered a 2.0 build which was confirmed on 8/29/2023. Wasn't expecting the car ahead of others in front of me but I put this down to the last in/first out approach to storage at Hethel, shipping and PDI. I certainly haven't been pestering them for updates (that they wouldn't have anyways.) He shared that they have been checking before delivery for HVAC operation/brake discs/pads based on issues mentioned here in the forum and that the first six cars delivered have had no issues thus far (of course, it's been not much more than two weeks). I asked for a quote for full PPF and ceramic on the wheels/brake calipers and fiddly bits that would be difficult to wrap (side and rear vents) and he said he would reach out for a quote. They work with Elite Clear Bra in Huntington Beach and if you just want the front clip they typically come to the dealership to install but if they are going to wrap the whole car they do it in their shop. They appear to use EXPEL. Not sure if they can source STEK but will ask once I have their quote. They will be sending an invoice so I can complete my financing (probably Navy Federal Credit Union) and I told him I was planning for around $117k including freight and sales tax-7.75% here in OC/registration fees and he said that sounded about right to him. Will update if there are any surprises. Have to give Zach credit. He has called whenever he had something useful to share (three times - once to offer the 2.0 build, once to say my car was on a boat and share a VIN and the call this morning with a shipping update). Given the way Lotus seems to operate, I can't ask for more than that.
Thanks for that update! Turnaround time at the port (and having to be shipped from NJ to Baltimore for PDI) definitely disappointing though. Do you know if Eurocar is shipping closed truck from Baltimore?

T6061

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for that update! Turnaround time at the port (and having to be shipped from NJ to Baltimore for PDI) definitely disappointing. Do you know if Eurocar is shipping closed truck from Baltimore?
I do not know. I thought we had another member take delivery from them last week (Nimbus/red?). Perhaps they know.

drjazzsk

Reaction score
I put my deposit with Zach as well. That would be great if you can report back costs on ppf, ceramic wheels calipers, maintenance and warranty packages. Etc. or even what finance rates he’s offering. Congrats btw!!!

T6061

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I put my deposit with Zach as well. That would be great if you can report back costs on ppf, ceramic wheels calipers, maintenance and warranty packages. Etc. or even what finance rates he’s offering. Congrats btw!!!
Thanks! Will update when I can. Traveling for work next week...

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is it possible to start the US-spec Emira in track mode? Thought I remember reading on here that you can start in track mode by first holding the mode select for 5 seconds or something like that.

ameeriklane

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Same exact thing happened to me! They confirmed no ADM for the 2.0 when I submitted the build sheet. Now that it's delivered they're saying it's a 1.0... but the MSRP matches more the 2.0? A bit all over the place 🙄

Aren't the dealers providing the Monroney "sticker" that states the price and what you're getting? Is FE1.0 or FE2.0 listed on there?

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is it possible to start the US-spec Emira in track mode? Thought I remember reading on here that you can start in track mode by first holding the mode select for 5 seconds or something like that.
Technically you can do that but I didn't notice any meaningful difference going that route. Once you have the milltek, just leave it full open when you turn it off and your starts are PLENTY loud :) I have to remember to put it back into OEM when I pull into the driveway or I risk waking up my infant from starting in the garage.

3A3968M

Reaction score
Aren't the dealers providing the Monroney "sticker" that states the price and what you're getting? Is FE1.0 or FE2.0 listed on there?
it only has an MSRP from which you can deduct if it’s FE1.0 or FE2.0.
My car has a base MSRP of $93900 which is FE1.0

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
CONGRATS to everyone who's finally gotten their cars! Hard to believe it's been almost 3 years. I'm excited to hear all of your experiences going forward!

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I thought it was done by holding the start button for several seconds as you turn it on.