• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Whiling away the hours waiting for call from PPF shop...where to drive first?
1000016100.jpg

kertong

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Took delivery of my FE1.0 Seneca Blue last Friday, and just noticed this condensation on the inside of the headlight. Seeing it on both, so not sure if this is an open/vented light that eventually evaporates and drains out, or if it's a closed/sealed design that shouldn't have this. No other issues on this car so far (knock on wood), though I do hear an occassional pop in the car - not sure if subwoofer or hvac vents/vacuum flaps etc.

Anyone else see this on theirs?

IMG_6206.jpeg

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Took delivery of my FE1.0 Seneca Blue last Friday, and just noticed this condensation on the inside of the headlight. Seeing it on both, so not sure if this is an open/vented light that eventually evaporates and drains out, or if it's a closed/sealed design that shouldn't have this. No other issues on this car so far (knock on wood), though I do hear an occassional pop in the car - not sure if subwoofer or hvac vents/vacuum flaps etc.

Anyone else see this on theirs?

View attachment 42455
according to the manual, normal.

SirSoysauce

Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Although the MF is not good, isnt the residual actually pretty good? If the MF can be negotiated down it may not be a bad way to go.
The residual is pretty good, if MF gets better by the time my number rings up, it'll definitely make me feel a bit better. I'm considering leasing given that the concerns for paint bubbling. APR of roughly 10.4% though feels like a nightmare....

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
does anyone know why this would be normal? On most cars, this is an issue that needs to be fixed/replaced. Just odd to me.
The housing is not airtight. been that way on a lot of cars with plastic lens cover. I don't know if it's to prevent air pressure difference when driving at altitude or something.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anybody know if there's a Lotus app for iphone that has the owner's manual on it?

RichiEmira

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do you plan on cruising the Front Street to 2nd street loop?
(Former resident)
I’m on Front Street a lot returning from North Harrisburg. Beautiful drive long the Susquehanna… although prone to speed traps!

pc368

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Although the MF is not good, isnt the residual actually pretty good? If the MF can be negotiated down it may not be a bad way to go.
Yes, the residual is very good, MF is :eek: .

I'm considering leasing so I can have options down the line (return the car, keep it, or keep and sell). Although I almost never do cap reduction on a lease, I may put some $ down this time to ease the pain of the 10%+ interest rate this time.

I'm weary because I will be a first-time Lotus owner (Lotus does have a reputation:rolleyes:). If the experience pans out like I hope, I can always buy out the lease early to escape the 10% IR.

On a side note, I saw an Emira that arrived on the same boat with mine on Galpin Lotus website (with higher VIN), I asked them and was told 2~3 week away.

Last edited:

R35_J

Reaction score
Dealer just let me know my car is enroute on the water! They also gave me the vin. How were you guys looking up the shop manifests?

Drambeenie

Reaction score
Dealer just let me know my car is enroute on the water! They also gave me the vin. How were you guys looking up the shop manifests?
Who's your dealer?

importinfo.com shows when ships have already arrived and unloaded but not ships on the way.