• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hey All, I was just curious if there were a delivery tracker similar to the order tracker that was posted on LotusTalk a couple years ago. I found it very helpful (and the VIN tracker from @Nova ) and was thinking of posting one if it doesn't already exist. Thanks in advance.

1714580786861.png

pc368

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I would advise using your own Financing resources (bank, credit union) as dealer usually have the worst rate. The only reason I'm using theirs is that I'm doing a business lease as I can get a partial write off with pre-tax dollars.
What is the residual and MF they offered you for the lease? Which bank?

Raskits

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
10.5% APY

There should be a base mf. I was told the mf is .00433 /3years and that's what lotus bank wants. But if we can have the base MF then buyer can haggle close to it

Last edited:

RichiEmira

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How was the application process for the film?

You mentioned driving by the 9/11 memorial in Shanksville -- I was there in 2021 on the 20th anniversary. Really worth a visit - well done, good explanation of history, and respectful.
I slapped the film on very temporarily. I had no intention of keeping it on for long. I smoothed it over with my hand and it tacked well. Bubbles everwhere... it was comical! That being said, it comes with an applicator squeege/burnisher if you want to take your time and make it look nice.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
10.5% APY

Holy bajeezus. That's a terrible deal.

For those not using it, plug any lease data you have into the calculator on Leasehackr and see how it shakes out. It can give you a lot of insight into whether a lease is worth doing or not.

Zardoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well fellow Emira enthusiasts, it is time to bid farewell to this thread & all 611 pages as I took delivery of my DV Emira yesterday. Of course it was with a hitch as the AC worked with my salesperson in car for a millisecond before it gave up. Needless to say, they were embarrassed. I took car anyway as it is safer in my possession. Now, off to the AC problem thread. I will check in from time to time to see how you are all doing. I am very happy, car is brilliant.
Just have to drive with windows down for now. Good luck all.
IMG_0498.jpeg

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well fellow Emira enthusiasts, it is time to bid farewell to this thread & all 611 pages as I took delivery of my DV Emira yesterday. Of course it was with a hitch as the AC worked with my salesperson in car for a millisecond before it gave up. Needless to say, they were embarrassed. I took car anyway as it is safer in my possession. Now, off to the AC problem thread. I will check in from time to time to see how you are all doing. I am very happy, car is brilliant.
Just have to drive with windows down for now. Good luck all.View attachment 42438

1714597177066.gif

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just have to drive with windows down for now. Good luck all.View attachment 42438
Fan resistor pack needs to be replace as it set outside at the factory for month while waiting for EPA/CARB approval.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Brought my car to my local lotus dealer on the east coast to take care of some little issues (trunk light, SOS, as well as some fun stuff 😏) and I’ve been told that Lotus has not provided any info on any recalls for resistors or HVAC issues , etc. (my car does not have these issues but I was just curious)

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Brought my car to my local lotus dealer on the east coast to take care of some little issues (trunk light, SOS, as well as some fun stuff 😏) and I’ve been told that Lotus has not provided any info on any recalls for resistors or HVAC issues , etc. (my car does not have these issues but I was just curious)

My dealer have to replace 4 out of their initial shipment of 20 last week and they told me they order a bunch of them in addition to what was used just in case the problem comes up on ours and the rest of the cars coming in.

Last edited:

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My dealer have to replace 4 out of their initial shipment of 20 last week and they told me they order a bunch of them inaddtion to what was use just in case the problem comes up on ours and the rest of the cars coming in.
So they are probably only fixing it when an issue arises versus having a recall

Raskits

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Although the MF is not good, isnt the residual actually pretty good? If the MF can be negotiated down it may not be a bad way to go.
I agree...at end of lease owner should still come up with some positive equity and recoup some money if they decide to sell it before end

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Had a fantastic day yesterday! Drove to Lotus of Pittsburgh to pick up my Seneca Blue with my friend. He picked up his Dark Verdant at the same time. We had a great trip home traveling on Route 30 back to Harrisburg (Lots of mountain passes on that drive) and even got to glimpse at the Flight 93 Memorial in Somerset County through the Spring foliage. Both cars performed admirably on the way home. I can’t believe I woke up to the Emira in my garage!View attachment 42366View attachment 42367
Do you plan on cruising the Front Street to 2nd street loop?
(Former resident)