• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I am a very late depositor (Feb 10, 2024) as part of the last allocations on the FE 2.0 manual. I was told by the dealer the build would be June/ July with a Oct/Nov delivery most likely. That conflicts with the info you received. Was your news on just the manual FEs or did it include the automatic FEs as well?
I can’t speak for your dealer but a thread on LotusTalk has a couple of early automatic depositors with confirmed builds. I’m a mid auto depositor (Oct 22) so potentially less than a year away……give or take a decade.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ok, I’ve had all of two hours driving it, but honestly, and I’m a pretty critical guy, it’s like nothing else. The handling and road connection is just unmatched. It’s fun at low speeds with gearing requiring quick shifts that keep you involved (very annoying you have to switch to Sport mode every time you start the car though.). Lotus has made a shot across the bow of Porsche saying drivers don’t want all your heavy electronic steering cars with too many unpurchased options leaving glaring empty spaces in my dash. And they don’t want to pay extra for simpler “limited edition” manual versions with more angular looks.

The Emira has an absolutely excellent design all around interior and exterior. And feature wise it is a welcome throwback to pre-nanny era cars. Just enough luxury features but not too many. I think it’s a balanced wake up call to the world in general.

As far as negatives go: I’m used to much smoother shifters (in my BMW 135i and high school Honda Prelude Si) so I thought the old clunky shifter in the Emira would be it’s biggest drawback (which it is) but it keeps you involved and adds character and not as bad as I thought it would be. Also as expected the KEF stereo is crappy by today’s standards (we didn’t need a throwback on this), which is an annoyance.
Glad you are enjoying your car. You shouldn't have to switch it into sport mode to start it. Touring is the normal setting. Plus they want you to keep it there for the break-in period. Sport is elective not obligatory. Odd.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Glad you are enjoying your car. You shouldn't have to switch it into sport mode to start it. Touring is the normal setting. Plus they want you to keep it there for the break-in period. Sport is elective not obligatory. Odd.
I think he means that it defaults back to "Tour" at every shutdown.... ;)

Rhinocerosity

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think he means that it defaults back to "Tour" at every shutdown.... ;)
I feel like that's pretty standard behavior though no? My M4 was the same way, GTR is the same way. Most sports cars I've driven default to a particular drive mode on start, regardless of what it was in when turned off.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I feel like that's pretty standard behavior though no? My M4 was the same way, GTR is the same way. Most sports cars I've driven default to a particular drive mode on start, regardless of what it was in when turned off.
It makes sense that manufacturers are going to want the engine to start in the safest mode, especially when it's cold, rather than an extreme performance mode which uses different timing and fuel delivery maps.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It makes sense that manufacturers are going to want the engine to start in the safest mode, especially when it's cold, rather than an extreme performance mode which uses different timing and fuel delivery maps.
It's also for emissions compliance. The default mode is the primary emissions test mode.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Really? Don't they know who you are? Respect
With all the trash talk I have done on here, I hope not. Lol

But seriously, my dealer has been really good. Not much updates but they have always contacted me when they had news. Ray at Summit NJ Lotus is a top notch sales guy. Definitely one of the better ones I have dealt with. I am not just saying this because I want him to deliver my car ASAP.

PrimalD

Reaction score
With all the trash talk I have done on here, I hope not. Lol

But seriously, my dealer has been really good. Not much updates but they have always contacted me when they had news. Ray at Summit NJ Lotus is a top notch sales guy. Definitely one of the better ones I have dealt with. I am not just saying this because I want him to deliver my car ASAP.
I deal with Ray also, so far he's been great! Hopefully picking my car up early next week. :)

I.am.Duke

Reaction score
Its there anyone on this forum who had a car land in Delaware and has received an update on delivery?

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I called Lotus USA about this today. They said to contact the dealer. The dealer has informed us they're overwhelmend and not to call or email them.
Wow pitiful, just pitiful. No excuse for that response to a depositor, IMO. I once called Lotus USA and left a message to confirm black pack delete in my order because I didn't want to bug my dealer and thought it would be better to confirm the oft-cited confusing double negative/positive (black pack delete = yes) directly with Lotus. They apparently referred the call to my dealer who responded to me the very next day. And aside from the transition gap from the old GM to the new representative, Eurocar has ALWAYS responded to my inquires quickly, usually within the same day and sometimes within the hour, even if just to say they have no more information. Great experience in that regard so far. Maybe the difference between a smaller dealer and the larger ones. With that said, the Emira will be among the lowest priced cars that Eurocar deals in given their high end exotic inventory outside of Lotus.

sirringo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Boardwalk lotus just received their Emiras :)
Whoa - did you hear directly from Kyle/Tom?

I got my VIN from them last weekend but can't find it in any tracking sheet, so not sure whether I'm days, weeks, or months away...