USA/Canada Delivery Thread

B r I a n

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It is perplexing that no Emiras have been loaded and delivered since the CARB approval date of 2/29. The last Emiras to arrive were loaded on the Atlantic Sail on 2/26, and unloaded on 3/9. So this Saturday will make three weeks since any Emira deliveries. I expected the floodgates to open after CARB approval, but there has been nothing. I know some have heard their cars are "on a ship" and hopefully they will be on the next one coming in. Fingers crossed that next one has a couple hundred Emiras!
Maybe they are waiting for the CARB website to be updated :)

Raskits

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well apparently I'm getting my car next week... fingers crossed! It's en-route to the dealer now via transport, so if I'm super lucky it's Saturday, otherwise probably Monday/Tuesday.
When did you receive your vin?

ameeriklane

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wonder how that transportation will be carried out... hopefully hauled and not driven.

I'm sure they will use car hauler trucks that can hold many cars at once for efficiency purposes. My friend ships containers out of Newport News on a regular basis, and their big issue is finding a truck to transport the containers from their warehouse to the port. He's had containers miss their ship due to lack of drivers. They don't do enough volume where it's worth having their own driver on staff.

But... throwing this much demand for car hauler trucks and drivers is going to be tough, since it's not only Lotus who will be doing this, and the other manufacturers with much more volume probably have more clout with their suppliers.

Or is rail a possibility for this type of need?

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
IMG_6210.jpeg

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In the general search field
Oh odd, that’s where I tried a VIN that was on Nova’s list and nothing came up, I’ll try mine haha (Although had been told no Canadian cars would be on it).

Last edited:

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Oh odd, that’s where I tried a VIN that was on Porter’s list and nothing came up, I’ll try mine haha (Although had been told no Canadian cars would be on it).
If I search for my Vin, I get a row back from that vessel that just landed. If I search for a vin of a car that I suspect not to be on that vessel, it doesn’t come up. So I’m pretty sure it’s reliable. Cars in the low 1490s were there, high 1490s were not. I was trying to zero in on the cut off, but then I ran out of free searches for the day.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If I search for my Vin, I get a row back from that vessel that just landed. If I search for a vin of a car that I suspect not to be on that vessel, it doesn’t come up. So I’m pretty sure it’s reliable. Cars in the low 1490s were there, high 1490s were not. I was trying to zero in on the cut off, but then I ran out of free searches for the day.
That just happned too lol.

Nothing comes up when I search any landed VIN from the previous ship haha, I’m 12224.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Mine is 1668 and it's on there.
I searched with VIN in the commodity field. Don't know if that makes a difference.

FYI VPN etc can reset the search count. I put in the wrong number to search a landed VIN as our Canadian cars are RHC, not RHA…my car not there as expected from Lotus that after the initial 60 Canadian cars here, nothing else is on the water yet.

Congrats to everyone who’s Emira has made it!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Don’t think there’s a lot of logical sequence to the cutoff. I’m a low 1700 and my car is there — if I look at all the early res vins at my dealership only half of them are on the ship.