!UPDATED! POLL: How many of you have placed a deposit and where are you from?

If you have made at least one deposit with Lotus, choose your country.

• Total voters

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Can we get a poll to see how many users on here have a put down an initial deposit (at a minimum), and are at least 90% sure they are going to be buying an Emira as soon as one is available to them? This will give us a total and let us know what countries people are in.

It would be interesting to know if there are 100, 300, 1,000? Since they are planning to build 3,000-3,500 the first year, I want to know how many of us on here will be in line for those cars.

I have updated the poll to have 25 options, 1 is still the "All others" that are not included. If you previously voted in "All others" and now your country is on the new list, you can change your vote. If your country is not listed, just make a post stating where you are from.

Thanks!

- Nick B.

Last edited:
OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Also, if my poll choices aren't very accurate, they can be changed. I was just trying to guess the main markets.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good idea! You might want to change England to UK to avoid leaving out the folks in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland ;)

I know there are deposit holders in Spain, Italy, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan too. A shame it's limited to 10.

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Good idea! You might want to change England to UK to avoid leaving out the folks in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland ;)

I know there are deposit holders in Spain, Italy, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan too. A shame it's limited to 10.
Yes! Stupid American 😄

Can a mod make the change? Seems now that there are votes it won't allow me to edit the poll choices.

Joeszo31

Reaction score
Put $2,500 down last summer. However, after seeing pricing for the V6, I'm 90% sure I'm going a different direction. One with hardtop convertible that has 495 HP. :cool: I've already got an Elise, which I love, so I'll still have a Lotus.

Regardless, who knows when either of these cars will be available. I tried to buy 5 things recently and all of them are out of stock. (C8, Emira, a guitar, cabinets for the garage, a racing gaming rig/seat.)

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. I'll just use the cash to buy more crypto on this dip and by the time the market recovers I should have enough profit to buy whatever I want/need.(y)

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Put $2,500 down last summer. However, after seeing pricing for the V6, I'm 90% sure I'm going a different direction. One with hardtop convertible that has 495 HP. :cool: I've already got an Elise, which I love, so I'll still have a Lotus.

Regardless, who knows when either of these cars will be available. I tried to buy 5 things recently and all of them are out of stock. (C8, Emira, a guitar, cabinets for the garage, a racing gaming rig/seat.)

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. I'll just use the cash to buy more crypto on this dip and by the time the market recovers I should have enough profit to buy whatever I want/need.(y)
I hear ya! I have had a reservation for a C8 Z06, Emira, Cybertruck and a Model Y since last year, or earlier. At least the Y arrived last month. I have been waiting for a Thermador double oven I ordered back in Dec. 2020!

I was looking at the ol' crypto again today, trying to decide how much to bury away for a long time...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

At least it’s mostly discretionary stuff. It could have been a shortage of toilet roll!

Several of my corporate clients can’t get basic IT infrastructure components. Stuff with semiconductors inside is going to take 2+ years for supplies to stabilise.

AndyHB

Reaction score

Could put Australia and NZ together to get extra coverage.

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I did contact an admin about changing the poll options, but no response.

I definitely figured we would get a lot more votes than the 50 or so we have so far. Are we missing a bunch of members in this vote?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I did contact an admin about changing the poll options, but no response.

I definitely figured we would get a lot more votes than the 50 or so we have so far. Are we missing a bunch of members in this vote?
Don't worry, it's the same with every poll on every forum! The ones about colour choices only got a small percentage responding too.

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Up to 94 votes as of this evening! Is there a way to see how many total members there are on the forums?

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1641857143929.png

Joeszo31

Reaction score
At least it’s mostly discretionary stuff. It could have been a shortage of toilet roll!

Several of my corporate clients can’t get basic IT infrastructure components. Stuff with semiconductors inside is going to take 2+ years for supplies to stabilise.
Yeah, definitely 1st world problems. I'm in sales and am still concerned about the supply chain issues my customers are facing, and there is a spiking covid variant affecting plenty of businesses here in the USA. I recently spoke to a nurse and she said that about 90% of the calls coming in for appointments are covid related.

Things are still going to be touch-and-go for a while. Whether it be a '22 or '23, I'm guessing my C8 won't get here till summer. Perfect weather for top-down driving. (y)

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Well, I was able to get the poll updated to say "UK" instead of England. If anyone wants to change a vote, you can modify your choice at the top (y)

-- UP over 100 votes as of today

Reactions: AGP