UK dealer demo cars - specifications

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This morning I went to have a good look at the demo at Parks in Hamilton. First time I have seen a production spec Emira and I thought the quality of the paintwork and the interior fit and finish looked superb.
View attachment 10408
View attachment 10409
While I was there I also had a sit in this stunning MC20, in a colour very similar to Seneca. It lists somewhere north of £220k, and on first impression the interior seemed to be of similar quality to the Emira. So, rest easy folks, hopefully the issues reported on the Lotus Central car are a bit of an outlier!
View attachment 10410

Also confirmed the Parks demo is on touring suspension.
Sports or Touring in Parks?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What about B&C??
I'm told they've got it but I've not seen anything posted about it. I've dropped Jamie a message to find out the spec.

Has anyone seen confirmation of Rybrook Birmingham's spec?

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm told they've got it but I've not seen anything posted about it. I've dropped Jamie a message to find out the spec.

Has anyone seen confirmation of Rybrook Birmingham's spec?
Went past today and it isn't in the showroom yet...

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lotus Birmingham (Solihull)
Have a Seneca, touring car on Goodyear's.
V6 manual,
Yellow calipers,
alcantara interior including steering wheel,
yellow stitching.

20221101_145600.jpg

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Table in post #1 updated with the last two demo cars.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've just updated the table in the first post to reflect the demo car delivered to Lotus Sussex having Sports suspension, not the expected Touring. Let me know if you have any other corrections based on seeing and driving the cars.

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just test driven the Seneca blue Emira at Rybrook Solihull. Charlie told me it was Sports suspension rather than the Touring, and made a call to someone at Rybrook to confirm it whilst we were on the test drive. I hope he is correct because the suspension was a little crashy around Earlswood (even when I drove like Miss Daisy) and I'd expect better from Touring.

Can we verify the spec and update the first page?

EDIT: TomE states in post 131 that Leonard had said it was Touring spec. Interestingly the Seneca Blue referred to in post 131 as going to Rybrook Bristol (on Sports suspension) may match the spec of the Emira at Rybrook Solihull.

Last edited:

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If anyone's looking at any demo cars and want to confirm the suspension, it says on the actual spring. It will prob depend on the orientation but on my car driver side rear spring I can relatively easily read that it says sports. Hopefully will help clear up any confusion!

Jack Stone

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Dropped by Hendy Performance Eastleigh today and was shown around their Seneca/Sport/Goodyear blackpack/Silver wheels by very helpful Lotus sales rep Emma. Black leather/Alcantara interior. (And Emma sold me 2 FEs - in 1/43 & 1/18!)

(re-uploaded first pic to fix brightness after coment blelow...)
20221116_134214.jpg

20221116_134749.jpg

Last edited:

schuey100

Reaction score
Know it well, once saw David Dickinson near Pressbury in his Bentley. I knew it was him as he looked like an ompa lumpa, all bronzed. And Alex Ferguson at the M +S near there too.
Took him for a test drive in a Corvette C5 in 2002! Nice bloke to be fair

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just test driven the Seneca blue Emira at Rybrook Solihull. Charlie told me its was Sports suspension rather than the Touring, and made a call to someone at Rybrook to confirm it whilst we were on the test drive. I hope he is correct because the suspension was a little crashy around Earlswood (even when I drove like Miss Daisy) and I'd expect better from Touring.

EDIT: TomE states in post 131 that Leonard had said it was Touring spec. Interestingly the Seneca Blue referred to in post 131 as going to Rybrook Bristol (on Sports suspension) may match the spec of the Emira at Rybrook Solihull.
Thanks for the update, let's try and confirm the spec.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, let's try and confirm the spec.
That would be great as I'm booked in for a 2nd test drive in early Jan at Solihull specifically for Touring suspension (my order) - it looks like the next nearest location for me is Bristol (6 hour commute there and back) .

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Just test driven the Seneca blue Emira at Rybrook Solihull. Charlie told me it was Sports suspension rather than the Touring, and made a call to someone at Rybrook to confirm it whilst we were on the test drive. I hope he is correct because the suspension was a little crashy around Earlswood (even when I drove like Miss Daisy) and I'd expect better from Touring.

Doh purposely booked this because it was Touring.
Lotus sending out random demo cars not to Dealer specification is just another poor show