U.S. Update: Allocation & Order Date

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
From what I’ve heard, the supply issues affected initial V6 FE cars aren’t electronics. It’s various ancillary items that are needed to finish the cars. Things like sun visors and exhaust finishers. Hence why they could get the LDA cars out with alternatives or missing items.

Beyond the first 1-2 months of production it’s much less clear where the supply issues are. And it’s changing every week. New lockdowns in Asia recently. And now Germany suggesting some energy-Intensive industries might have to scale down or stop to protect essential energy supplies over the winter. That could stop their aluminium processing and knock on to downstream users of aluminium.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
It makes perfect sense. the GBP is down 15% from last year to the USD - do the Math - unfortunately, the USD is crushing almost every other currency right now and it seems it will continue for a while...!
Doesn't that mean it's financially advantageous to earn the dollars from US buyers/dealers since that money is now worth more?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Doesn't that mean it's financially advantageous to earn the dollars from US buyers/dealers since that money is now worth more?
It's easy to forget/put aside a sales territory from accross the Atlantic they don't really care about, if it eases the current burden.
They haven't got the basics down to be a UK D2C company, yet alone a global one.

NWFL

Reaction score
It's easy to forget/put aside a sales territory from accross the Atlantic they don't really care about, if it eases the current burden.
They haven't got the basics down to be a UK D2C company, yet alone a global one.
FWIW, USA is Lotus largest and most important market and with the forthcoming Emira the potential is more than Huge!...Heck, I might even give up my 718 once I get my Emira i4.
DSC01343.JPG
DSC01345.JPG

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been in contact with someone higher up in Lotus and received some reassuring information this morning regarding the US market. Please know that I don't mean to be cryptic or secretive in any way. I simply want to respect this person's privacy while also sharing this bit of info:

With regards to your point around US depositors not being prioritised I can absolutely assure you that is not the case. Homologation for the US market is complex and takes longer than most other markets, that is what dictates timing of first deliveries its not Lotus deciding which market we want to send cars to first. The US market is a very significant opportunity for us and I hope to make it over there next year with the Evija and another special project we are working on that I cannot tell you about yet……

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've been in contact with someone higher up in Lotus and received some reassuring information this morning regarding the US market. Please know that I don't mean to be cryptic or secretive in any way. I simply want to respect this person's privacy while also sharing this bit of info:
Lotus pickup truck confirmed.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have written before about the non-existent Lotus USA. For a market as large as the US/CAN it is odd that Lotus HQ did not revamp this well in advance of the Emira reveal. This isn't about homologation, it's about Customer Service / Comms and being able to serve the customers better.

I have never seen Lotus very active in the car enthusiast world in the US. Heck, Radford does a better job of promoting for Lotus than Lotus does.

Last edited:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
By by indie Lotus Dealers.... 👋
?

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I scratch my head in wonder each time I read/see this (US market importance).
Lotus Sales/US had to beg to get the 700 allocation.
After that was consumed by October 1st (if not September) FE orders continued well into 1st quarter and beyond in UK and EU.
Please convince me how wrong I might be.

ND2021

Reaction score
I had an email from dealer that they expected their first batch of v6 in November with a demo. I4 still winter 23. That was two weeks ago....

Last edited:

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just heard back from my dealer. The meeting was delayed from last Friday to tomorrow. Sounds like it might be the same zoom meeting for all USA dealers?

Need to Zoombomb!

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Received this today

Dear David,
Greetings from Lotus Orlando to our priority Emira depositors.
As many of you have heard or seen online, a video from Lotus Cars Managing Director, Matt Windle, discussed supply chain and parts avaibility challenges for the production of your new Emira. We are aware of these considerations and are in constant contact with the team at Lotus Cars USA as to how this impacts the availability and timing of your new Emira. We are just as excited as you are to have these cars in our community and we cannot wait to share them with you and be the Lotus hub in our wonderful community.
As an Emira depositor, you'll be the first one to know additional details as the situation becomes clear.
We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding. The Emira will certainly be worth the wait.
Regards,
Lotus Orlando
That's actually pretty thoughtful of your dealer. I am usually the one that has to call my dealer to give them updates. 😂

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just heard back from my dealer. The meeting was delayed from last Friday to tomorrow. Sounds like it might be the same zoom meeting for all USA dealers?
Sounds likely. The EU dealers had a Zoom call end of last week.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think it was “soon” ;)

Some of them have more info on timing of their demo cars (mostly in Sept). Some also know their first few customer cars will be delivered at the same time as the demos, typically only 1-3 cars.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

Sounds right to me. The way the GM of my dealer made it sound was that this was a big meeting with all the US dealers and Lotus.

We need to find this zoom link. I wonder if CS would believe I'm an employee who lost the email invite. 🤫

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Sounds right to me. The way the GM of my dealer made it sound was that this was a big meeting with all the US dealers and Lotus.

We need to find this zoom link. I wonder if CS would believe I'm an employee who lost the email invite. 🤫
You could wear a disguise to fit in?
Screenshot_20220809-202731_Google.jpg

NB TOTAL joke as I'm not that cruel. Sorry Lotus.