Type 133

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone seen this? Shame they can't focus one actually getting one thing out the door instead of 3.

Yep, the new Lotus is here whether we want it or not.

The Emira is getting swept off the table. Lotus has already moved on.

I saw another article today on it from Motor Authority.

Lotus Envya (Type 133) Spy Shots

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Unfortunately, it looks like it was designed by the Eletre design group instead of Carr's group. Like the Eletre, it doesn't have anywhere near the beautiful balance of lines and symmetry that the Evija and Emira have. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Type 135 looks like because that will be from Carr's design group.

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The problem with all these cars is going to be they’re just Geely cars with a body kit. The lines are all wrong. Porsche at least made their car look like a Porsche so can you say it’s a taycan competitor?

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Shame they can't focus one actually getting one thing out the door instead of 3.
I hear you, but this 133 project is being run by Lotus Technology out of Shanghai, the Hethel team (Lotus Cars) doesn't have much involvement at all.

Lotus Cars is focusing on Emira, Evija and the 135.

Last edited:

simonb

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The problem with all these cars is going to be they’re just Geely cars with a body kit. The lines are all wrong. Porsche at least made their car look like a Porsche so can you say it’s a taycan competitor?
are you sure
could have sworn that I have seen Audis with a very similar silhouette

Electric car with lotus handling
why grumble

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lotus reinvents the Vectra - Clarkson will love it..........

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Pretty sure I just seen a Eletre on the Motorway. Oh wait, I do remember it said Kia on the back.

Unless they can get my wipers fixed prompto (still waiting on software updates) I’m not ordering a Eletre. Just imagine how many software problems there will be in an electric car?

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Pretty sure I just seen a Eletre on the Motorway. Oh wait, I do remember it said Kia on the back.

Unless they can get my wipers fixed prompto (still waiting on software updates) I’m not ordering a Eletre. Just imagine how many software problems there will be in an electric car?
Just be mindful of the number of Taycans that are out of action at the moment. Hundreds world wide (maybe more) with failed heaters.
Mines lunched a set of tyres in no time at all with no real explanation and the Dealer not giving two shits about it, something is affecting the charging, the software seems to randomly not let me in as I approach then fix itself the day after and the tailgate has water in it.....
And not related to quality the arse is falling out of the used Taycan market as buyers realise there are no tax breaks available on a used one! (as per all second owner full electrics bought via Ltd Co in UK).....

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
There is also a Geeeeely plush EV coming soon, which will presumably compete with this car.... google it as I cant be bothered to find the link, Im too hungry.
I agree with Eagle, the EV design group does not compare...... its a big let down and does not stand out even 25% as much as the Emira does, its another EV ..... half trying to be a URUS and half trying to be a KIA.... fail 100%. Shame

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So I'll try to bring a little perspective to this. I just finished building a database of every EV onsale in North America, so I have a pretty recent / robust understanding of product in the market.

While the stuff coming out of Wuhan isn't going to satisfy the grumpy lot of Lotus loyalist, they are definitely compelling product.

The Eletre offers top-tier specs in the EV SUV market. It goes toe-to-toe with Model X Plaid where it counts, and with Polestar running gear it may prove reliable. Polestars have been quietly performing while many other OEMs have struggled with issues (even Porsche).

I expect this Envya will have similar specs to Eletre, but be lighter, more efficient, and quicker. If that's true, it'll make the Porsche drivetrain seem last-gen. There are only a handful of cars in the conversation up around 400 miles of range with this kind of performance. It's basically Lucid Air and Model S.

Lotus had originally said the Eletre would be 4,400lbs. If that's true, that's astonishing. That's lighter than a Taycan and would mean Lotus ethos is alive and well, even in Wuhan. I expect it'll end up being north of 5k lbs. But this Envya just might surprise us. Time will tell.

This is Lotus' opportunity to leapfrog Audi, BMW, Porsche, and Mercedes, whose own EV offerings are, for whatever reason, currently lackluster in range, efficiency and charge speed.

So while I completely understand why excitement is low around these cars from this particular group of enthusiast, if you're a fan of EVs these are pretty exciting vehicles.

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I went to the Eletre launch with a mate who has a Jaguar I-pace as his EV. He thought the Yellow one on display was simply stunning, inside and out. He's a JLR fan though, so unlikely to go for a Lotus (but I'm trying to convince him).