• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Trade in values at checkout

Beady

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When checking out to complete purchase (for anyone that has done it) - how do the trade in values for your existing car compare to say WBAC or similar.

I tried WBAC a few days ago for our macan before speaking to a dealer (looking at another car) and the 2 figures they gave were very similar - but I then tried Cazoo who where a lot lower - like £5k.

Just wondered if lotus/BCA trade in values where sensible or low-ball?

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
WBAC, BCA and Cinch are all part of the same company. I think Cazoo are supplied with stock by BCA.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Try Motorway - it’s a different business model - they recently beat a dealer trade in offer by over £2k on my RR Velar… They set a (good) reserve then their 5000 or so signed up dealers get a 7-hour window to make their best offer…..

Last edited:

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I got better deal from WBAC than I got from Lotus even though they are both being handled by BCA

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Try Motorway - it’s a different business model - they recently beat a dealer trade in offer by over £2k on my RR Velar… They set a (good) reserve then their 5000 or so signed up dealers get a 7-hour window to make their best offer…..
Motorway worked for me. And then some.

Got £6000 more than the Lotus valuation for my 3.5yo Evora 400.