Factory Collection PPF options

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So Lotus have arranged factory PPF options only for cars being collected from Hethel. This is mentioned in the 5 minutes with Scott Walker article.

I reached out via the web chat and Abigail gave me the following information, so for those of you looking to pick up from the factory, who want PPF before you drive home, this is what you can get:

PPF is currently only available with factory collection. There is a variety of prices/packages.
Option 1—full decontamination and correction. XPEL PPF installed to bonnet, front bumper, front wings, wing mirrors, A pillars, headlights and side sill sections, rear arch areas. C5 wheel armours applied to alloy wheel faces & G1 applied to glass. Gtechniq Halo applied to all PPF areas—£3,108.00 retail price including VAT
Option 2—full decontamination and correction. Single stage corrective machine polish and Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra applied to paintwork, C5 wheel armour applied to alloy wheel faces, G1 applied to glass—£1,499.00 retail price including VAT.
Option 3—full decontamination and correction. XPEL PPF installed to the entire car, Gtechniq Halo applied to entire PPF application. C5 wheel armour applied to alloy wheel faces, G1 applied to glass—£7,140.00 retail price including VAT.
Option 4—decontamination and correction. XPEL PPF applied to entire front access panel, and the complete front bumper section and front wing sections—£1,788,00 retail price including VAT.

Personally I think I'm going to take option 1 when I get my car in April, looking forward to doing the collection experience now!

I'm March build/April delivery and will be looking at the same option I think!

Thanks for sharing. I was very interested to know this. Seems very overpriced for PPF. Especially option 3 🤪

Given how much PPF is going on (I think it's equivalent of the gold packages by detailyoureyecandy), I think 3 is a relatively fair price from what I've seen elsewhere, but yes, the full PPF option is a little scarier 😅

So Lotus have arranged factory PPF options only for cars being collected from Hethel. This is mentioned in the 5 minutes with Scott Walker article.

I reached out via the web chat and Abigail gave me the following information, so for those of you looking to pick up from the factory, who want PPF before you drive home, this is what you can get:

Personally I think I'm going to take option 1 when I get my car in April, looking forward to doing the collection experience now!
You should ask them which XPEL ppf are they offering.
If they are using XPEL Ultimate Plus, the price seems to be fair, taking into account the difference in labour cost between Spain and UK.

For comparison, my XPEL official installer in Spain quote is:

OPTION 1
XPEL Ultimate: 2,918 Eur VAT included, aprox 2,596 GBP
XPEL Ultimate Plus: 3,428 Eur VAT included, aprox 3,049 GBP

OPTION 3
XPEL Ultimate: 5,444 Eur VAT included, aprox 4,843 GBP
XPEL Ultimate Plus: 6,778 Eur VAT included, aprox 6,030 GBP

OPTION 4 (Extended with headlights and mirrors)
XPEL Ultimate: 1,967 Eur VAT included, aprox 1,750 GBP
XPEL Ultimate Plus: 2,365 Eur VAT included, aprox 2,104 GBP

Just received my checkout email and so under pressure to arrive at a decision regarding ppf. Is the above correct, in that the corrective machine polish is only for option 2?

Job lot of checkout emails today it seems. Guess I can now confirm I am fully "in" and ordered up this evening with a visit to Hethel now in the plan. The McLaren will just have to wait. Besides myself with excitement, last minute decisions on the insurance and protection side now made, but effectively deferred the ppf decision by going for the paint protection for chips and scratches which at 399 for up to 18 callouts in 36 months does seem like an excellent way to ensure the car stays looking good until we can see all the options that come out for stripes and decals from the various 3rd party vendors...I quite like Tom's approach of just doing the front, lower sides and rear wheel arches with ppf...the bits more exposed to stone chips...but would quite like a stripe along the lower black sill with the Lotus lettering behind the door. EM13RAS is about to become real.

Been quoted £4K for full car coverage and seen others quoted even less. Why it it so expensive from Lotus?

Who in Norfolk is quoting you 4k ?
There’s a detailer in littleport (technically cambs) called luxury detailing. However I’m sure I’ve seen caffyns and others quoting less than that