Tire pressure icon on dash won’t go away

azlambo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My tire pressure icon (tire with exclamation point in middle) is illuminated on my dash. My tire pressure might have been a little low. I aired up the tires to slightly above the recommended pressures. Been driving the car. The icon stays on. Am I missing something?

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Needs to be cleared. As it is still brand new, better to bring it to the dealer and have them do it, but you can still drive it without issues.
I agree, although if pressure is in the range (1.9 bar+ for front tires , 2.1 bar+ for rear, cold tires) yellow warning should disappear after running 15 - 20 secs.
Or one TPMS is faulty. I had rear left TPMS faulty suddenly, yellow warning on, stop, yellow warning off, and on again, 0.0 reading on LR tire, pressure was ok, and of course that specific TPMS failed. Replaced for new one and everything ok.

OP
A

azlambo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I agree, although if pressure is in the range (1.9 bar+ for front tires , 2.1 bar+ for rear, cold tires) yellow warning should disappear after running 15 - 20 secs.
Or one TPMS is faulty. I had rear left TPMS faulty suddenly, yellow warning on, stop, yellow warning off, and on again, 0.0 reading on LR tire, pressure was ok, and of course that specific TPMS failed. Replaced for new one and everything ok.
How do you test individual tpms sensors?

danmessy

Reaction score
Reposting my response here that I wrote to your question elsewhere, to ensure you (and others) see it ...

Short answer - dealer had to reset mine for calibration, then I drove it around for a few KMs so it could calibrate. For my issue though, this did not resolve anything the errors returned. I note that it always would say "Pressure Good" or whatever the sceen says, but the tyres on screen were red.

Long answer that eventually resolved by TMPS issues (for the brief description of issue, see my other post(s) in another thread regarding TMPS error / warning lights - perhaps try: https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/tpms-issue.3234/#post-110208 - 14 August 2023)

3 of 4 sensors needed replacing as after the calibration attempt mentioned above, the same issues / warnings arose (despite my tyre pressures being checked and fine).

Turns out, there was water (?!) inside of my actual tyres which ruined the sensors. Dealer showed me some pics of the moisture. 3 sensors were replaced (warranty), then the dealer did the calibration reset thingy for me and ensured all good (at least I think they triggered the calibration - though it may have been new sensors it just calibrates ). Either way, I watched them on my Scorpian Tracker doing a loop on the freeway to get things calibrated. Few days/weeks later, the 4th TMPS sensor started causing the same issue to arise , though dealer had gotten some in and given we knew the previous issue, it was resolved quickly by changing out the final 4th sensor.
No issues since then. That was probably 2000-3000km ago.

No idea how the water got in? Though speaking to a cousin of mine who works in marine mechanics said something along the lines that (and correct me if I am totally misunderstanding or misstating this) there are different types of air compressors, and some of which need water wastage emptied. Thus it may be the case that at the factory when they filled the tyres, someone had not emptied the waste and was causing water to get in - or something to that effect. Admittedly this was a guess at best.

That conversation I had was had probably 5 months months ago and i'm no mechanic so I may have got that message wrong, but at the time, it seemed like reasonable and potential explanation as to why there was water inside of the tyre well and on the rim which in turn was washing over the sensors. I am unsure if the issues you're facing are similar to mine but perhaps this information will help you.

Good luck mate!

Nick Sticks

Reaction score
For most uses air compressors need a water separator filter. Air tools don't like water.
About 20 years ago we had a £100k rapid prototyping machine that used compressed air. When it was moved into a new building the maintenance department were told of the air requirements but somehow forgot the water filters and the machine was ruined. It stood still for ages until a very costly repair.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How do you test individual tpms sensors?
Since you have all 4 individual measures in the screen, once one TPMS fails, you will get Yellow Pressure Warning message, and the correspondent failing TPMS will show blank reading for that tire pressure on the screen

OP
A

azlambo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Here’s the latest:

Here’s my story:
The “low tire pressure” light came on. Checked pressures and filled to the correct pressures: 29psi front, 32 psi rear. Multiple starts and drives after that. Tire light always flashes for about a minute on start up, then stays illuminated. Took car to dealer. Dealer “re-set” the calibration/light and light went out. Told me to drive continuously at 40 km (25 mph) or more for 10 minutes. This was easy, since I had a 30 minute drive home on the freeway. Just before getting home, the light came back on. Contacted the dealer. They are ordering all new sensors and will notify me when they get in. To be continued………

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Here’s the latest:

Here’s my story:
The “low tire pressure” light came on. Checked pressures and filled to the correct pressures: 29psi front, 32 psi rear. Multiple starts and drives after that. Tire light always flashes for about a minute on start up, then stays illuminated. Took car to dealer. Dealer “re-set” the calibration/light and light went out. Told me to drive continuously at 40 km (25 mph) or more for 10 minutes. This was easy, since I had a 30 minute drive home on the freeway. Just before getting home, the light came back on. Contacted the dealer. They are ordering all new sensors and will notify me when they get in. To be continued………
My problem is better. The LOTUS dealer cleared the icon, I haven't met the problem since then. Hope it will never happen again.