TPMS Issue

EmiraHK

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has had the same issue. I haven’t had much time to drive my car since delivery (have put just over 200kms on so far), but the TPMS light went on the last time I drove. Now it flashes every time I start the car and remains on. I did see the readings fluctuate whilst driving but my tire pressures remain well above the recommended settings and also the center console readout says tire pressure is good. I checked all my tires and there is no puncture or leakage.

I checked out the owners manual and there is no hard reset function, but that the TPMS is supposed to reset itself after some more driving, though it hasn’t seem to have gone away after about 20kms.

Anyone had a similar issue or fix?

Attachments

• IMG_5931.jpeg
    IMG_5931.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 259

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Is there a control for TPMS? Sometimes these controls have a reset procedure where you press and hold the control for a few seconds to reset the feature.

R1272

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but my understanding of how TPMS works is that sometimes it will be set off if the difference between 2 tires is too great. First thing I would do is get all 4 tires set to the same pressure. I'm wondering if the 2.18 and 2.48 have a big enough difference to trip the system. That delta could make the TPMS think that the 2.18 tire has lost pressure compared to the 2.48.

Usually most cars have a hard reset, but if not, many times after driving the car a certain amount of times/miles will get the light to go off automatically.

GTEvora

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has had the same issue. I haven’t had much time to drive my car since delivery (have put just over 200kms on so far), but the TPMS light went on the last time I drove. Now it flashes every time I start the car and remains on. I did see the readings fluctuate whilst driving but my tire pressures remain well above the recommended settings and also the center console readout says tire pressure is good. I checked all my tires and there is no puncture or leakage.

I checked out the owners manual and there is no hard reset function, but that the TPMS is supposed to reset itself after some more driving, though it hasn’t seem to have gone away after about 20kms.

Anyone had a similar issue or fix?
I had exactly the same on my car when it was new. Went away after about 500km and has not come back. Think it was just a passing issue. However, my dealer did get new TPMS sensors in just in case it didn't go away. Now at 2000km and not there at all

OP
E

EmiraHK

Reaction score
Is there a control for TPMS? Sometimes these controls have a reset procedure where you press and hold the control for a few seconds to reset the feature.
There is not. Apparently it "self-calibrates".

OP
E

EmiraHK

Reaction score
I'm no expert, but my understanding of how TPMS works is that sometimes it will be set off if the difference between 2 tires is too great. First thing I would do is get all 4 tires set to the same pressure. I'm wondering if the 2.18 and 2.48 have a big enough difference to trip the system. That delta could make the TPMS think that the 2.18 tire has lost pressure compared to the 2.48.

Usually most cars have a hard reset, but if not, many times after driving the car a certain amount of times/miles will get the light to go off automatically.
Will try, but the rears and front should be different. The rears should be around 0.2bar higher than the fronts.

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If there is a fault in the typre pressure system, the symbole will flash for apporoximately 1 minute and then illuminate with a constant glow indicating that the system cannot detect or warn of low tyre pressure as intended.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I can only speak from Evora experience (for now) but it's a similar system. I would try setting them to the factory recommended standard pressures and driving around a bit again - your rears are quite high, even for the "high speed" setting. Reducing the pressures may be enough to give the system the "nudge" it needs to recalibrate... :

1685954733704.png

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In my experience. I set front at 1.95 bar and rear at 2.15 bar when tires are cold, using petrol station measuring machine. Had to go through 3 different machines and all of them showing different readings and the car showing a different one too. After one minute driving those readings show 1.98 and 2.18 front and rear in the car sensor.
After tires warm up, the reading is similar to the OP, 2.15-2.2 front and 2.45-2.5 in rear, and doesn't trigger any alarm.
Using Goodyears
I did find that for some reason the sensors read 0.5 higher than in the Evora, where I used Cup2´s and lately PS4S

Silver Storm

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In my experience with Lexus, the TPMS light also signals that the internal battery inside the TPMS is weak and needs replacement. Could be a simple case of replacing current TPMS with new ones.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In my experience with Lexus, the TPMS light also signals that the internal battery inside the TPMS is weak and needs replacement. Could be a simple case of replacing current TPMS with new ones.
TPMS batteries should have a life of 3-5 years minimum, and many last up to 10 years....

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In my experience. I set front at 1.95 bar and rear at 2.15 bar when tires are cold, using petrol station measuring machine. Had to go through 3 different machines and all of them showing different readings and the car showing a different one too. After one minute driving those readings show 1.98 and 2.18 front and rear in the car sensor.
After tires warm up, the reading is similar to the OP, 2.15-2.2 front and 2.45-2.5 in rear, and doesn't trigger any alarm.
Using Goodyears
I did find that for some reason the sensors read 0.5 higher than in the Evora, where I used Cup2´s and lately PS4S
Petrol station machine gauges are notoriously inaccurate, I keep a decent quality manual gauge in my car (Evora) at all times and will transfer to my Emira soon.....

OP
E

EmiraHK

Reaction score
Any update on this? I have tonight faced the same little light.
I’ve had it happen the 2nd time and both times one of the sensors failed and was unable to be read. Then would be fine again after I turned the car off and on again, but shortly after this I get the permanent light on.

I’ve dropped it off at the dealer (for other issues as well) and it’s likely that one of the sensors is either faulty or low on batteries.

Will report back on an update when I know.

danmessy

Reaction score
I’ve had it happen the 2nd time and both times one of the sensors failed and was unable to be read. Then would be fine again after I turned the car off and on again, but shortly after this I get the permanent light on.

I’ve dropped it off at the dealer (for other issues as well) and it’s likely that one of the sensors is either faulty or low on batteries.

Will report back on an update when I know.
Thanks for the update, keen to hear your outcome.

Have you already had a sensor confirmed to be faulty / low battery and going back in, or is this the first time it is to be confirmed faulty /low battery?

I will check tyre pressures tonight etc. and hopefully goes away / recalibrates.

Dealer said its likely a read issue, so no issue to continue driving (subject to tyre pressures being checked of course)

OP
E

EmiraHK

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, keen to hear your outcome.

Have you already had a sensor confirmed to be faulty / low battery and going back in, or is this the first time it is to be confirmed faulty /low battery?

I will check tyre pressures tonight etc. and hopefully goes away / recalibrates.

Dealer said its likely a read issue, so no issue to continue driving (subject to tyre pressures being checked of course)

I have no confirmed it to be faulty, but it's the some one (Front-right) one that initially triggered the first warning light.

I've tried adjusting tyre pressures. Nothing will make it go away.

Unless you have to drive 100 kms to make it go away, but I've driven w/ the light for 50-60kms and it still sticks around. It flashes when you start the car like it's trying to calibrate and then just stays permanently on thereafter.

The central console will also indicate it as "Tyre pressures OK" and have a green dot. So I'm not sure what's causing it to remain on permanently.

Attached a pic of the FR sensor failing initially before returning to normal after restarting the car.

Attachments

• IMG_6074.jpeg
    IMG_6074.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 67

danmessy

Reaction score
I have no confirmed it to be faulty, but it's the some one (Front-right) one that initially triggered the first warning light.

I've tried adjusting tyre pressures. Nothing will make it go away.

Unless you have to drive 100 kms to make it go away, but I've driven w/ the light for 50-60kms and it still sticks around. It flashes when you start the car like it's trying to calibrate and then just stays permanently on thereafter.

The central console will also indicate it as "Tyre pressures OK" and have a green dot. So I'm not sure what's causing it to remain on permanently.

Attached a pic of the FR sensor failing initially before returning to normal after restarting the car.

Thanks for the update. I have been away, though whilst away my brother took mine back to our local Lotus dealer (had a check engine and TMPS light as you described). They were cleared and no real issue identified. On my return, the check engine had popped on (but cleared itself pretty quickly). Lotus advised to come in anyway and get the latest software update which I did on Friday (11 Aug).

I put about 200-300km on the car over the following weekend (so the day after update) and had no issues. Last night on a relatively short drive (about 10-15km in total), on my last part of the journey home the TMPS light returned (flashing ~1 min, then solid light). I will check it again after work to see if it has resolved itself.

The funny thing is, all tyres are giving a reading of pressures at recommended PSI, and the green dot is there saying tyre pressures are good.

Triggering the light:
The trip last night was relatively chill as well besides 1 small part of the route I take home where I can open it up. On that part of the journey, I recall I did 'give it everything' on a straight for a very short burst (i.e. pedal down to the floor essentially, then off again to coast) - I believe the TMPS light triggered and started flashing just after this .... I think I was in Tour (which I admit is quite rare so far haha).

No idea if it is related, but the first time I triggered the TMPS Light I was on an open freeway and had given it a good burst (still running in so I am not talking more than just a once off hard push past 4000rpm)... which caused the flashing TMPS light...

Do you have any more feedback from Lotus on the issue or a fix? Even how to make the car reconfig the TMPS and pressures?

Jack Stone

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My TP monitor display has switched to bar from PSI seemingly on its own. Any ideas how you toggle between two metrics so I can switch back?

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had the software update and 10 miles up the road tyre light came on. Tried resetting tyre pressures (car said pressures where all good) but this did not sort out the problem. Went back to the dealer and within 30 seconds the sensors where reset and no problems since. It was found to be a sensor that had lost its signal. Once recalibrated it was all good. Looks like this is a common problem but does need the dealer to fix

danmessy

Reaction score
My TP monitor display has switched to bar from PSI seemingly on its own. Any ideas how you toggle between two metrics so I can switch back?
I do recall there being something in the settings screen to choose units of measurement (for miles/km psi/bar etc etc)