Gear selector issue

paulbutcher

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with the collar on the gear selector sticking up after reversing? It happened to me a couple of times today: after reversing, the collar stuck up leaving the selector “waggling” all over the place (felt like there was no gate), making it basically impossible to select a gear. Once I worked out what was going on, I could fix it by pushing the collar down (but it was a bit embarrassing until I did work it out).

It happened a couple of times in quick succession, but not since (and I can’t make it happen again).

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anyone else had issues with the collar on the gear selector sticking up after reversing? It happened to me a couple of times today: after reversing, the collar stuck up leaving the selector “waggling” all over the place (felt like there was no gate), making it basically impossible to select a gear. Once I worked out what was going on, I could fix it by pushing the collar down (but it was a bit embarrassing until I did work it out).

It happened a couple of times in quick succession, but not since (and I can’t make it happen again).
Might have been a bit of dirt or a tiny burr on the metal that has rubbed off. Let your supplier know so there is a record and if you get further issues I’m sure they will sort or replace it.

Jjrho

Reaction score
happend to me, brand new car on 1st drice, embarrasing at K turn attempt....i wander if we can put some grease so that the mechanism releases smoothly and consistently.. ?

james R
'24 emira
hetel yellow

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have not had the collar stick up, but twice I've reversed the car in to position and then been unable to shift out of reverse. Luckily I had room to let the car roll a bit more and the lever could be returned to neutral as I rolled, but I'm not sure how that would have played out if I had no room to go. I reverse out of the garage every day, so happening twice over probably 80-100 times so far.