Gear gaiter removal

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone know who you remove the gear gaiter as I want to send it off to be replaced by an alcantara one?

I think you remove the gear knob by undoing the grub screw on the back but then what?

Do you just force the gaiter down around the edges or does the centre panel need to be removed?

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Anyone know who you remove the gear gaiter as I want to send it off to be replaced by an alcantara one?

I think you remove the gear knob by undoing the grub screw on the back but then what?

Do you just force the gaiter down around the edges or does the centre panel need to be removed?

From Brad at Hide and Seam
"To install the gaiter. You need to prize up the whole brushed aluminium trim from the console. It is held in with either 8 or 10 clips. To do so, wrap a thin flat head screwdriver in a micro fibre cloth or similar and starting at the most forward section of the console slowly lever it up against the alcantara surrounding trim, take as much care as possible when doing so. It will come up, its in quite tight (as you’d hope it would be)
- You will also need to remove the gear knob which is held in with a small Allen key grub screw at the front of it, pull it back into second or forth for a better view at this, just loose in slightly and it will then unscrew the knob itself, take care not to lose the spring.

Once both of those are out, you shall see the gaiter held in with a cable tie. The rest should be fairly self explanatory. "
image3.jpeg

Subw00er

Reaction score
Anyone have a source for matching alcantara boots in the US? Looks like the OP is in the uk.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can you (any of you) take a picture once you have it out, and put the trim ring back? Really interested to see what it looks like without the leather boot in place.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Can you (any of you) take a picture once you have it out, and put the trim ring back? Really interested to see what it looks like without the leather boot in place.
The picture above is from @JonFuller's car and can be seen without the arrows in his DV journal.