Tint Percentage with Privacy glass?

Shyatic

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hey all -- I did opt to get privacy glass partly because I didn't want to add tint to the rear window as with the engine heat plus living in Texas, I didn't think the life of the tint would be very worthwhile.

That said, my understanding is that privacy glass also adds a tint to the B pillar windows by default. My plan was to go either 20 or 25% tint on the front windows, but what percentage are the privacy glass windows tinted? I don't want it to look strange from one to another, so that's why I figured I'd ask here first before committing from the dealer.

Thanks for any help!

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Emira's privacy glass seems very dark. To the eye, it looks darker than 24.5%. It seems close to the standard 15-20% on factory privacy glass.

20% and 35% are the only choices for the side glass. 20% is preferred. Another consideration is that light through the windshield will lighten the appearance of tinted front windows.

Any pictures of tinted Emiras with privacy glass?

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I plan to get 15% because of all the light coming in thru the windshield.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
883e08c1-5885-4e84-be67-6325f60a25f5b-jpg.39032

For Reference only: DaveBeats car, the dealer wouldn't go under the legal limit for FL. So this is around 25-28%

Thread:

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hey all -- I did opt to get privacy glass partly because I didn't want to add tint to the rear window as with the engine heat plus living in Texas, I didn't think the life of the tint would be very worthwhile.

That said, my understanding is that privacy glass also adds a tint to the B pillar windows by default. My plan was to go either 20 or 25% tint on the front windows, but what percentage are the privacy glass windows tinted? I don't want it to look strange from one to another, so that's why I figured I'd ask here first before committing from the dealer.

Thanks for any help!
IMG_6180.jpeg

Just as a reference I have the privacy glass and I got the front windows tinted to 20%
Matches pretty well

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here in NC it would be FAR too dark to match the privacy glass and be anywhere near the legal limit (35%). The privacy quarters look almost like limo tint. That's one reason I opted out of it (and I wanted to be able to see that beautiful engine). These tinted cars do look pretty badass, though!

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is mine with 15% Xpel XR Black tint on front windows only. Looks great and a good match to factory privacy windows.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This is mine with 15% Xpel XR Black tint on front windows only. Looks great and a good match to factory privacy windows.

The video is cool, do you have a photo of it outside? The edits don't show the side profile.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The video is cool, do you have a photo of it outside? The edits don't show the side profile.
Here you go. A few different angles to show 15% tint on the front windows only with factory privacy glass.

Attachments

• IMG_3225.jpeg
    IMG_3225.jpeg
    322 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3227.jpeg
    IMG_3227.jpeg
    329.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3226.jpeg
    IMG_3226.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3216.jpeg
    IMG_3216.jpeg