Thoughts on Mist White?

Rupes

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hello, I'm getting ready to spec my car and am torn on Mist White. Can anyone confirm, is this the same color as the prototype car featured in early reviews?

The configurator makes this very hard to discern - the images below are the exact same spec, but one is in "studio" and the other is "sunlight"

Looks very different to my eyes! EDIT: added third image from the configurator @KCMO68_510 was kind enough to provide. I think we can now agree there are three different shades of white on display here! Time will tell which is the actual color.

1698773068263.png

1698773124219.png

1698937883651.png

Last edited:

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello, I'm getting ready to spec my car and am torn on Mist White. Can anyone confirm, is this the same color as the prototype car featured in early reviews?

The configurator makes this very hard to discern - the images below are the exact same spec, but one is in "studio" and the other is "sunlight"

Looks very different to my eyes!

View attachment 33005
View attachment 33006
Call your dealer to see if color sample discs are in. Several other dealers have them. Beats relying on configurator.

OP
Rupes

Rupes

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Call your dealer to see if color sample discs are in. Several other dealers have them. Beats relying on configurator.
Appreciate this, and they have them, and sent me a picture. Still not quite inspiring the confidence in whether this is a true white (like BMW's Alpine White), or something with a little more grey/brown hues.

I get it, first world problems and all that, but does anyone know if the early pre-production model as shown below is the same color code?

1-Lotus-Emira-road.jpg

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My only thought is I would be ordering it if I did not have a FE. Looks great.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's what I ordered on my FE2.0 reservation.

That being said, I find it odd that it's like the only color I think you can't get a spy shot of at this point.

MIGZ

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I saw that white at the factory, it’s makes the car bland since it does not show the lines

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Maybe having the other configurator will help you decide what shade of white you think the car is. I also attached a photo that has the disc if that helps.

Attachments

• Emira Paint.jpeg
    Emira Paint.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 144
OP
Rupes

Rupes

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Maybe having the other configurator will help you decide what shade of white you think the car is. I also attached a photo that has the disc if that helps.
Helpful for sure, thanks for sharing - I had not seen this configurator before. I updated my original post to reflect this new addition.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think (and this may just be hopeful thinking since I've already ordered it) that the difference between the 3 images now in the original post isn't that it's 3 different shades, but 3 different lighting setups.

First picture is indoors without natural sunlight.
Second picture is natural sunlight.
Third image is outdoors in the shadows.

If you use the 3rd images configurator and try to spin it around to the other side that has lighting I think it tends to look more like the 2nd picture in hue.

But as to if it's the same color as the prototype white cars I have zero clue. It's really hard to tell. I just tend to believe the 2nd and 3rd images (if both in sunlight angle) is probably the best view of the actual color.

Bimmernate

Reaction score
Im interested in mist white as well. The sample pucks make the white look slightly yellow/eggshell which is a no go for me. But then the new configurator makes it look pretty good. Would be great if someone found a real photo of an emira in mist white

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Im interested in mist white as well. The sample pucks make the white look slightly yellow/eggshell which is a no go for me. But then the new configurator makes it look pretty good. Would be great if someone found a real photo of an emira in mist white
The only thing I’d say about the pucks I posted is look at the top middle grey… you can see that the lights are yellow shining on everything. So I’d take that into account and not let that one photo make you overly worried.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Seems that the camera capture pixels can vary with settings, the lighting of the subject and the resolution of the screen you are viewing image on. These all conspire to send you to a dealer for a first person experience.
The fact that it's called Mist doesn't help either.

Bimmernate

Reaction score
Most pictures show it with a yellow hue, think I’m probably going to stay with nimbus. Wish mist white was a bright alpine white

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
not a Emira but
I first saw a satin or matte white finish on the MC20. This color is hot! Would love to see on an Emira.

This isn't yours is it? As I remember I thought you got a grey or silver GT3.