• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The greatest bargain or a rip off?

Lotus Emira - Greatest Sports Car Bargain?

Votes: 10 76.9%

Votes: 1 7.7%

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes deposit now sitting at Calgary dealer. I'm late to the game so #28 on the V6 non-FE list. I had a deposit in Vancouver but moved it, when told where I'd be on the Calgary list. You?
Oakville... No idea as we don't know what place, but deposited fall '21 so and didn't make the F/E cut.

How long ago did you deposit?... 28 should see you get an Emira for next summer! How far back was the line in Vancouver?

Last edited:

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So I have been thinking about this question ever since I deposited on Emira. Until I drive it, and see it in the flesh I won't be able to know 100%. I think the closest competition is the cayman GTS when it comes to performance and brand. Rarity, it will be more rare than a Porsche, not as rare as a Ferrari, so that places it the more rare side, which is good. The corvette is the other main competition. Not for performance, but for a car with super car style and priced under 100K. I have owned a C8 and only had it two months - one of the first deliveries in Canada (no I did not flip, this was before prices got crazy, plus I traded it for Porsche) It is very over styled, and interior material was not great. The rear end was what did for me. The drive is fairly boring and it feels heavy, and no manual. To me Lotus styled the car much much better, has a manual option, interior material seems to be much much higher (leather, alcantara stitching that isn't off). Corvette only wins in straight line performance. (Z06 is probably a lot better, but way more $)

So to answer the question, Yes I think it's option 1. Not because it has performance in the Ferrari/Lambo/maserati range, but it certainly has the looks. The car mag test showed it had the looks to hang with the super cars. So performance of a Porsche GTS 4.0, with the looks closer to a Ferrari and rarer than any C8, Nissan Z etc.

I am showing a picture of the worst angle of the C8 that nobody takes pictures of. To my eye, it's not very pretty.

View attachment 8867View attachment 8868
The C8 rear makes me want to throw up 🤮

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
LOVED to hear a C8 owners opinion, thanks! Gotta admit, I’m leaning small block V8 after a lifetime of 4s. And I’m nervous to say this but I golf 3 days a week and one of these 3 will be my only car:)
will a golf bag fit behind the Emira seats? I’ll be bringing clubs to my demo day.
Golf clubs fit in rear storage behind engine.