The Gator thread

I'm interested in connecting with others who have taken delivery or have deposits with Gator Motorsport in Indianapolis. My car was in port being processed 6 weeks ago (a month before the bridge collapse, so that's not a factor), but I still can't get any real information from Gator about where it is, when I can take delivery, etc.

I chose Gator even though I live in North Carolina because of their reputation. Plus I have family in Indiana and my Dad in particular really wanted to ride in my Emira when I took delivery. Well, Dad passed away last month, so that won't happen. In fact, he was in hospice when the CARB dam broke and the first Emira were being delivered to customers.

So if you're working with Gator, please let me know what you've heard about your Emira. If you've taken delivery, please post a pic and share the date you took delivery.

This is Dad on a test drive in one of the dealer cars last year.
Dad in Emira.jpg

mtgguy

Reaction score
Anyone receive "the email" telling them their Emira is at Gator being prepped for delivery in the next couple weeks?
I got "the email" last week - just waiting for the PDI and an update from Gator.

ToonFan

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I wish mine was there..... Unfortunately, I still have to do the I4 wait:rolleyes:

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I also got the email.

Todd from Everyday Driver took delivery of his from Gator last/this? week.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I also got the email.

Todd from Everyday Driver took delivery of his from Gator last/this? week.

Love this video. So much of what he said applies to me. The feeling of almost disbelief that something this good/pretty is yours. The feeling of your kids not wanting to get rid of the other toys either.

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I can only speak for myself but I think "we" are getting into Gator's "chili" unnecessarily. By all accounts they are one the best Lotus dealer in the USA and have received glowing reviews from the vast majority of their customers. I for one don't see a lot of value in this discussion...but I understand that mine is just one opinion and other's milage might vary.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I can only speak for myself but I think "we" are getting into Gator's "chili" unnecessarily. By all accounts they are one the best Lotus dealer in the USA and have received glowing reviews from the vast majority of their customers. I for one don't see a lot of value in this discussion...but I understand that mine is just one opinion and other's milage might vary.
One hundred percent agree. Let the poor guys get cars delivered. They're working at it earnestly, and it's pretty clear from post-pickup new owner feedback.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
One hundred percent agree. Let the poor guys get cars delivered. They're working at it earnestly, and it's pretty clear from post-pickup new owner feedback.
Agree. If the video is accurate and they have 300 reservations at one dealer it would really explain why an individual Emira will take time.

OP
@Life411

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just sent you the email! It's your time to shine! 🏎️💨
Got it late last night. Very excited! Looking forward to understand when I can make the trip to take delivery. Thanks for the update!!!

ameeriklane

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Turns out that HY without the BP is mine! Any chance you captured it in any other pics? Thanks for sharing!

Our cars are buddies -- the HY just in front of it (with the BP) in that photo is mine. I'll probably pick it up in about a week and a half due to scheduling issues on my side.

OP
@Life411

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Our cars are buddies -- the HY just in front of it (with the BP) in that photo is mine. I'll probably pick it up in about a week and a half due to scheduling issues on my side.
Cool. I see you're in Maryland. Are you planning to drive it home like I am? I think I'll knock out the break-in 1,000 miles in the first week...need to make sure that's ok and I do it right.

ameeriklane

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yeah I'm in the DC area, and I'm still figuring the "best" route in terms of time/efficiency and a fun drive. I'm leaning towards going a more southern route via WV instead of PA. I'll also break it up into two days so I can stop along the way if I see anything interesting.

My plan is this:
Day 1: arrive in Indianapolis, check out the car, and do any paperwork, but leave the car there.
Day 2: Go back to pick up the car and get 4-5 hours of driving for the journey done.
Day 3: Finish up the rest of the journey and arrive home.

Then I'll take it to my local PPF place a few days later -- I'm already on their schedule. I'll probably put on temporary Tracwrap for the journey from the dealer to my house.

The Indy 500 is coming up in a week. I already have plans the, but could be fun for anyone picking up their car around then.

OP
@Life411

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yeah I'm in the DC area, and I'm still figuring the "best" route in terms of time/efficiency and a fun drive. I'm leaning towards going a more southern route via WV instead of PA. I'll also break it up into two days so I can stop along the way if I see anything interesting.

My plan is this:
Day 1: arrive in Indianapolis, check out the car, and do any paperwork, but leave the car there.
Day 2: Go back to pick up the car and get 4-5 hours of driving for the journey done.
Day 3: Finish up the rest of the journey and arrive home.

Then I'll take it to my local PPF place a few days later -- I'm already on their schedule. I'll probably put on temporary Tracwrap for the journey from the dealer to my house.

The Indy 500 is coming up in a week. I already have plans the, but could be fun for anyone picking up their car around then.
Interesting you mention Track Wrap as I was just investigating that. I have to decide today, but I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get a full PPF wrap at Gator, but I was still looking at the Track Wrap to go on top of that. With a trip this long, I didn't even want the PPF to get damaged as much as could happen. It sounds like a great product, but with some caveats. For example several folks mentioned it will leave an adhesive residue if it gets wet (rain). I haven't ever used a product like that before, have you? I think I've decided to skip it.

Wish I could plan a leisurely trip like that, but for me it's falling right at the start of our annual Beach Club trip and the first weekend is when most of the second generation will be there. So I'll pick the car up in Indy Friday and drive all day Saturday to Holden Beach, NC. It's 12 hours normal driving, so not sure how long I will take since the Emira is in break-in mode. Wish me luck!

Enjoy the trip, car, etc. If there's anything I can do when I'm at Gator for you, let me know and I'll try to squeeze it in.

Idalee07

Reaction score
I just got the email that mine is ready for delivery too. I’m currently sitting in the hospital with my dad and I’ve never been so sad to see an email before. He was supposed to go with me to pick it up.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just got the email that mine is ready for delivery too. I’m currently sitting in the hospital with my dad and I’ve never been so sad to see an email before. He was supposed to go with me to pick it up.
Sorry to hear that.

OP
@Life411

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm so sorry. How is your dad?

I can totally empathize. Part of the reason for selecting Gator was that it was close to my dad. I still can't describe the emotions as I sat by his bedside in hospice just as the first Emiras were finally being delivered to customers in NA.