The front end looks like it crashed... ?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I love this car, and think it looks pretty darn good from all angles.

But sometimes I see people on Youtube comments etc, saying it looks like the car's front-end just got smashed.

Does it look less like this in person?

I think the front looks badass and I guess I shouldn't care what people think.. but, I mean, I guess i kinda do, hehe.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

But sometimes I see people on Youtube comments etc, saying it looks like the car's front-end just got smashed.

I think the front looks badass and I guess I shouldn't care what people think.. but, I mean, I guess i kinda do, hehe.

I've heard that before too. It looks amazing in person and those boomerang vents are functional and awesome in my eyes. The Emira is one of the most beautiful sports cars ever produced IMO.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I think I have heard this once in an old review. Given how many times I have looked at the pictures of this car, I have never gotten that sense, ever.

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I have no idea what you’re talking about or indeed why you care about what some moron on YouTube thinks.

Biggles of Norwich

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Yes it looks nothing like that in person. Just about everyone swoons when they see it. It is a staggeringly beautiful car.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Multiple people I’ve known not even into cars have asked if the front end is supposed to look like it was in an accident. It’s a thing, as long as you don’t care it doesn’t matter much. At least they’re not giant angry bird bmw kidneys up front.

T6061

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Didn't the Throttle House guys point out the similarity to Voldemort's nose? Once seen...hard to unsee!

I agree that when I first saw the car, to my eye the hood vents were the only mildly awkward part of the design. Once I understood the reason for the design (better cooling; downforce on the car at speed; airflow management around the side of the car) and compared it to the hood vents on the Evora/Exige/Elise, I came to appreciate Russell Carr's solution. I love the fact that all of the vents/scoops/aero on the Emira are there for a reason and fully functional. It still remains one of the most beautiful modern production cars in recent memory (that has to comply with current global regulatory safety requirements). :)

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A bit UK-centric but you can’t unsee this…. 🤣
IMG_4015.jpeg

T6061

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Remember him guesting on the Tonight Show when I was a kid - funny stuff!

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes - just before it attacked Michael Parkinson….
It’s my goal in life to teach Americans how to say “emu” correctly.

The car in real life looks properly sexy and not crashed. I showed a friend mine and she couldn’t believe a car like it existed. “The most beautiful car I’ve ever seen.”