• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The Emira key

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As we have people from all corners of the world on this forum, it would be cool to see what everyone finds for a key case --- something with a little bit of cultural flavor.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Saw the key today and was pleasantly suprised.
Looks fine to me, bearing in mind you need the plastic to transfer the signal.
Also not really that large at all!
Think as mentioned previously the only weirdness was it turning on the infotainment and electrics without you having to press anything.

20221104_141844.jpg

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
turning on the infotainment and electrics without you having to press anything.

I wasn't aware of this... So you unlock the car, get in and the infotainment system is on before even touching the ignition button?

I suppose this could be useful for connecting wireless Android Auto/Apple Carplay quickly upon entering.

I still wish it had true keyless entry so you can just walk up and pull the handle to unlock and touch the handle to lock.

But yeah, the key seemed fine to me too.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of this... So you unlock the car, get in and the infotainment system is on before even touching the ignition button?

I suppose this could be useful for connecting wireless Android Auto/Apple Carplay quickly upon entering.

I still wish it had true keyless entry so you can just walk up and pull the handle to unlock and touch the handle to lock.

It is cool unless you left the stereo on high volume when you left the car last.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Yup
I didnt even have the key on me in the car at one point it was with the dealer

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Now that the first customer deliveries have started, we have confirmed info about the keys.

The 2 keys come in a presentation box, with a planform in the colour of the car. The second key is in a CF holder which is apparently RFID shielding.

View attachment 10302
View attachment 10301
View attachment 10303
View attachment 10300
View attachment 10299

Pics: hml_xy

So after receiving my car last month I thought I'd try and do a bit of digging and try and get hold of one of those boxes. I emailed LCC last week and was told very certainly "this is not something we offer" and asked where I had seen it. I linked this thread and explained some customers had received it in the EU market, to which they replied that the EU is completely different to the UK and as far as they were aware there is no way to receive these in the UK, but to try contacting my dealer, which I did, and they had no idea about them either!

Fast forward to today, when I got home there was a package waiting for me in a box labeled "Lotus Genuine Parts", lo and behold inside was one of these presentation boxes! Not sure if they are now sending them out to everyone, or they were low on stock and it should have been there for the handover or what, but I'm pleased to have one now!

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So after receiving my car last month I thought I'd try and do a bit of digging and try and get hold of one of those boxes. I emailed LCC last week and was told very certainly "this is not something we offer" and asked where I had seen it. I linked this thread and explained some customers had received it in the EU market, to which they replied that the EU is completely different to the UK and as far as they were aware there is no way to receive these in the UK, but to try contacting my dealer, which I did, and they had no idea about them either!

Fast forward to today, when I got home there was a package waiting for me in a box labeled "Lotus Genuine Parts", lo and behold inside was one of these presentation boxes! Not sure if they are now sending them out to everyone, or they were low on stock and it should have been there for the handover or what, but I'm pleased to have one now!
So the Lotus communication system continues to be full of disconnects. The beat goes on.

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I'm curious if I, as a customer outside the UK, will also receive the box. My car was delivered without that box and Emira model.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

It’s laughable how disconnected they are.

I’ve heard so many variations: it’s at dealer discretion (because dealers have to pay for it), only for home delivery customers, included with Hethel collection (but then not handed over) and is/isn’t available for customers to order as an option. Now I’ve seen it arriving days/weeks after delivery. LCC don’t know, dealers don’t know.

Who actually decides who gets one and who is sending them out? It’s a mystery!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s laughable how disconnected they are.

I’ve heard so many variations: it’s at dealer discretion (because dealers have to pay for it), only for home delivery customers, included with Hethel collection (but then not handed over) and is/isn’t available for customers to order as an option. Now I’ve seen it arriving days/weeks after delivery. LCC don’t know, dealers don’t know.

Who actually decides who gets one and who is sending them out? It’s a mystery!

What's scary is when you consider all the pieces that make up the expensive car we're buying. If they can't figure out the logistics of a small painted piece of plastic then what hope is there for our Emira?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The same way some customers got the wrong door mirrors or rear badge or exhaust finishers for the Full/Lower Black Pack option they selected.