• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The Emira key

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Sorry, my mistake... I have got a box too... made in China... see the photo :cool:

20221031_140218.jpg

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Seriously, the nice box is extra? I would be quite pissed off if I get the keys in "memory stick" plastic packaging.

This isn't a $20k MG.

Last edited:

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The box has no function, and I would have to throw it away (limited real estate) anyway, so happy to not get it. I barely have the space to store the car, let alone a half empty box :rolleyes:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The box has no function, and I would have to throw it away (limited real estate) anyway, so happy to not get it. I barely have the space to store the car, let alone a half empty box :rolleyes:
I would store the second spare key in it.
It's more special than a piece of plastic that I will be throwing in the trash.

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is there any official leather sheath to protect the key ? The piano paint surface seems easy to scratch. :geek: Here is my 86 leather sheath, I bought it from TOYOTA dealer.

Attachments

• KEY.jpg
    KEY.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 43

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And all the piano black interior bits!
Oh yes, absolutely! I'm hopeful that there may be some aftermarket carbon fibre replacements for these one day. Might do carbon style PPF for these in the interim.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is there any official leather sheath to protect the key ? The piano paint surface seems easy to scratch.
I think there is a special kind of kangaroo leather in Australia that stretches well and should be ideal for the purpose :LOL:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, my mistake... I have got a box too... made in China... see the photo :cool:

View attachment 10329
well at least it doesnt weigh much, also great for the planet and the oceans...
It may make its way into the interior in the eletre.....
just goes to show all this sustainability and how bothered they/all manufacturers really are about it...
So maybe with that info there we can request a duplicate key and get a new lotus for ourselves...ie yours.. haha

Last edited:

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the first picture of the key just make it look like a cheap plastic thing.

Does it have any weight to it? Or is it super light?
Looks like good old piano black that will display every fingerprint it’s exposed to. Better get it ceramic coated.